Is this a Sleep Paralysis? If yes, why it's different?

When I was 13, I experienced first possible SP and it keeps repeating till nowdays… I have had way too many possible SP’s to count, but I want to know if that’s really a SP or something else.

So, when I was 13, I was trying to fall asleep, I felt something coming, but I ignored that. Few seconds later, it happened. I started to hear terrifying sounds (Like in metal factory, loud heartbeat and so on). I tried to wake up, tried to resist it, but I could not move. I was able breathe faster, move my eyes and that’s all I could do. I really started to panic, yelled for help (I could not move my mouth, but I believe I made some noise, like in this vid: youtube.com/watch?v=omzsLqbgRaU ,when I tried really hard to yell, I heard noses like that coming from me) . After some time of panic and tries to wake up, It slowly went away (sounds went from loud to quiet) and when it went away, I slowly opened my eyes. I felt like my hands and body has been filled with drugs.

This keeps happening till nowdays, same effects, same sounds, and so on.

Notes;

1. it happens when I’m trying to fall asleep (not moving). I can feel it coming few seconds before, and that’s the point where I have to open eyes and move fastly to avoid it.
  2. In rare cases, I see random people faces when I’m having possible SP.
  3. When I don’t see people faces, Sp is mostly black.
  4. it can happen at any time trying to sleep, but mostly at daytime naps.
  5. Altought I have had many of them, few days before my first Lucid Dream occured from SP, but not from a real sp, I was in a dream and experienced a fake SP (info: [had first lucid dream - Some questions) )

Is this a Sleep Paralysis? I’m not sure because of the following reasons;

1. I don’t see anything (in rare cases - faces, like a picture/dream)
  2. Sounds are different from others experiencing SP. People say they hear voices and other stuff, but I hear only metal factory sounds and heart beat.
  3. I don’t feel cold or anything, I don’t feel that anyone is in my room, I’m alone.

if yes, why it’s different?

And if yes, I would be really happy to hear that, because I have experienced too many of them that I don’t find them terrifying now, they are funny and annoying.

I think it is SP. I don’t really know why it is different. After all, every body is different.
I’ve had “normal” SP about two times, but what you described I’ve only had when I had a fever. I started seeing Daleks (I watch too much Doctor Who XD) and then turned into weeping angels (freaked me out!).

Still, hard to believe that it’s a SP, because It’s pretty different. I want an approve from LD pro… :happy:

I second what L4xord said. Yes, it definitely is SP. What people experience during SP can be quite different, some have only HI or only HS, maybe just some sensations like falling, other have a combination of them or nothing of that at all. About the metal factory sounds: Some of my HS are rather bizarre sounds like a very strong hum, and I hear it in my head and not like you normally hear things, sometimes even the heart beat or blood rushing through my head/body.

To be honest I think we don’t experience REAL SP, meaning that when we are conscious that we are unable to move, even when we decide to move. Only maybe if you have some kind of disorder like a woman in your video…

Because I believe that we are paralyzed only when we dream, because then we have a need to be paralyzed and not in any other case… So if we are paralyzed upon awakening which could happened and SP can be broken really fast, and if couldn’t be “broken” easily then it should be some kind of disorder…

Healthy human shouldn’t experience this kind of episodes… At least in my opinion…

100 percent sure what you’re experiencing is SP.

Hey guys first post here. This is a great forum by the way, but I won’t sidetrack you guys any further. I’m very glad to see this post, I’ve been dealing with a very similar issue for the last couple years, especially the feeling of trying to scream out for help Its good to know that it is indeed Sleep paralysis. Good thread :smile:

This past week a had my first LD. The same night I woke up and was trying a WILD technique (I think) that involved moving my fingers for 30 seconds or so, without counting, and then doing a reality check. I think the article called it FILD. Anyway, I felt sleep coming but it was a strange sensation, kind of like some type of pressure on my. I was scared of possible sleep paralysis so I stopped and it faded. Does that sound similar to SP? sorry if I’m derailing the thread at all.