Joost

Taken from https://www.joost.com:

Joost is a new way of watching TV on the internet. With Joost, you get all the things you love about TV, including a high-quality full-screen picture, hundreds of full-length shows and easy channel-flipping.

You get great internet features too, such as search, chat and instant messaging, built right into the Joost software – so you find shows quickly and talk to your friends while you watch. And with no schedules to worry about, you can watch whatever you want, whenever you like – as often as you want. Joost is completely free, and works with most modern PCs and Intel Mac-based computers with a broadband connection. Get Joost today!

Free TV

Now showing at Joost: hundreds of full-screen shows from your favourite channels.

Exciting extras

Chat, instant messaging, search and more – baked right into the TV experience.

Complete control

With Joost, you’re in charge. No more schedules – watch what you want, as often as you like.

Coming soon…

Write your own add-ons, watch yet more great content. Come back regularly for updates.

Well I got the Beta, and I have to say, it’s one of the best programs I’ve ever used! Right now I’m addicted to IMF (International Music Feed) Australia. It’s got the best music!

Anyone else have it, and even if you don’t, what are your opinions on it?

Wow! I have to say, it sounds amazing-- But risky and scary at the same time D:

I think I’d personally rather watch and scoll around on a TV than my computer screen-- but it seens so efficient… the concept seems great~ ^^

Wow, where did you first hear about this?
You like it then?

~Tal

Hmmm

Well you see with high quality, the broadband we have isn’t fast enough to support HD Shows. www.stage6.com Is the only site I know with High defintion video, If i wanted to watch anything it would take about 20 minuites for it to actually download (constant rate of around 780 KB ) and these are Just normal videos… each video varies from 100 MB - 600 MB

I actually had something very similar like this for the TV, Called BT home vision (Something like that) It connects to the internet and can download movies from the internet and you can watch them on your TV at full quality, however they cost money, then we finally scraped it since It needed the internet to be plugged in all the time.

When VDSL (52 mbit :eek: ) comes out( few years), That’s the time when we’ll see high defintion TV for the PC.

I’ve got Joost and I must say that it is great. It runs smooth and there are shows for all ages and people (Kind of).

Escpecially for Sci-fi fans.