just a dream?

Hi, so after two recent lucid dreams there is something I am wondering. both timeswhen I rubbed my hands together in the dream it felt so real that I was convinced my waking body is also rubbing hands. this scared me because I don’t want to wake myself up by actually moving. So my question is, how do I know I am NOT actually moving? if I am lucid, and am commanding my limbs to move, how do I preventthat from actually happening?

also I have somewhat irrational fears of sleepwalking or harming my family in my sleep. so how do I know this won’t happen? it’s not like it never has. Can I be sure that while trying to fly in a dream, I won’t try climbing out my bedroom window in my sleep?

While dreaming, your body will be in SP which means you won’t enact the dream. IF your actual body mimics the dream movements it would mean you are about to wake up, so there is no danger of doing dream actions in real life.

There is a very small percentage of people who do enact out some dreams. BUT they are very RARE and their family will know about it. In that case precautions could be taken to avoid leaving the bedroom.

Edit. Actually being lucid has nothing to do with it…if it happened it would equally happen in normal dreams.

I thought about that. it seems to me that in an ld you are much more aware and I would probably wake up if I actually moved a limb even more so than a non lucid one. still it feels so REAL! I have forced my eyes open in the past.

That is why rubbing your hands in a LD helps to stabilise it. Have you tried pushing your index finger through your palm? It’s amazing. :smile:

no but I will make sure to try it next time.