Just cant wild. plz help!

I don’t really know WHAT to do…I know you’re supposed to lay still and comfortably and relax completely (check) and that’s it…I do this…then I’m stuck, I end up just doing nothing…and it doesn’t work lol!

I actually have a tendency to try WILD when im on the brink of exaughstion. Of course when your like that your attention span only has to last for a few minutes because your body puts up no struggle against you sleeping. Still I will admitt that it takes a grand effort on your part to keep yourself focused. That effort though almost always puts me to sleep right before I lose my train of thought.

PistGurl

There is actually a bit more to it than that. I put myself into a trance first with self hypnosis or meditation. Then a little at a time start to let go of some of your consciousness. I have posted several alert relaxation techniques on this site. I’ll see if I can find one and I’ll post it here as well. You only need to maintain a slight awareness to cross over into the dream. In fact any more than that and you may keep yourself awake.

Yes indeed, it must be a very slightly part that u keep consciously…or in other words your conscious must be quite empty and passive.
Else u stay awake just as simple as that.

jeff

As for me, I too find the WILD technique doable after 5 or 6 hours of sleep, but it doesn’t work every morning. I used to try self hypnosis on a small tape recorder and set it to go off with a timer at various hours of the night with a whispering tape which says “You are dreaming”…over and over. The result was that I would wake up completely by the tape recorder or I would simply sleep right through it. I find it impossible to MILD. …WILD-yes…MILD-no

Agent11421

You can also try to do WILD at bedtime. It is harder to do but it can be done. The reason I suggest it is because it gives you more practice with the WILD technique and even if WILD fails you may find that you become lucid later in the night.