LC #25, Winner: Solaris! Congratulations!

Here’s what I’ve got so far.
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=589784#589784

I’m WILDing tonight! Hoping to LD :smile:

Well done last night, people. It seems like we had a lot of activity :content:

Shinju/i: Finding your friend counts for |30 task + 20 early + 20 activity (going to school; fun, fun ,fun =P) = 70pts|

BlueMoon: I need a little more info to calculate your full score (see your journal), but here’s what I have so far. You completed the second task earning |30 task + 30 lucid + 20 early + 40 activity (flying; going to mall through portal) + 10 making friend lucid = 130 pts| plus |20pts| for a short LD. Very well done :content:

Hex: Wow, you’ve been busy! OK, the LD on the 21st gives you |30 pts| and the dream on the 22nd gives you |30 task pts| for driving a vehicle. The last LD you had gets you another | 30 pts|. Nice attempt at create-a-friend, though.

Oh! Ok, there were 2 friends and none of them succeeded (Maybe I’m not a good teacher). Then I showed them the transformation and then one asked if I also can make a portal. I hope that’s all the information you need. :content:

Ok, the first one gets you the points you already have, the second is worth |5 bonus pts|. Since your friends didn’t participate in the transformation, that stays as it is.

I had an LD the first night of the challenge. It was quite long, but I didn’t remember what the task was. I was mostly walking around the dreamscape, and had sex with some random dream character. So 40 points for that.

Last night however I had one of my best LD’s ever. Time to bag in some points :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

The dream started as a WILD where I had a false awakening. I was explaining to a friend inside my bedroom why my WILD had failed. Then I suddenly wondered how this friend came to be inside my bedroom and became lucid. I walked onto the street. It was a totally different city then the one I am living in, but it was still night.
I decide to become a magician, and have a fight with another one. We are throwing colourful spells and fireballs at each other. First we are fighting on the ground, and then on horse carts. The fight is more about show then competition. The night sky is lighting up with our various spells. The fight continues as we leave the carts and jump over rooftops. When looking the miniscule people below I realize just how high up we are. I create a hoverboard and decide to fly it. My opponent does the same and now we are moving to even higher altitudes then before.
The fight is over and I walk through a tunnel. There are strange crystals hanging on the sides and ceiling of the cave. I can see a beautiful green landscape with trees on the other end of the tunnel. I decide to modify the hoverboard so that I am easier able to fly it. I create a steering mechanism for improved control and balance. Then I float high above the plains. Progress is quite slow, but that’s alright as I am enjoying the spectacular view.
In the next part of the dream I am back in the city I was in before. I am walking down the street next to my parents house when a young man about my age approaches me. He introduces himself as Bram, from a group of friends called Bron. The group is in a cafe now, and Bram asks me to join them for a beer. I accept his offer. Bram introduces me to all of his friends. I shake their hands and have a short conversation with most of them. There are around twelve persons in this room. They seem like a tranquil but nice group, and I feel right at home. A girl who I’m speaking with breaks her glass. While she cleans up the mess I look around the room. There are some nice snacks here, including french fries, but the dream ends before I am able to enjoy them.

-Two air vehicles and one land: 30+0+10=40 points
-Vehicle creation: 30+15=45 points

-Finding my friend: 30 points
-Activities: 20+20=40 points (drinking a beer together, and meeting his other friends)
-More friends: 5x12=60 points

-Long LD: 40 points
-Combo early bonus: 40 points

Total: 295 points

This probably saves you some work. Please correct me if I’m wrong :razz:

Total for both dreams: 335 points (if I calculated correctly)

my last night sleep was awful … went to sleep at 4:20 AM, woke up at alarm clock at 5:30…stayed up for a while and then went to bed again what was an unintentional WBTB, I guess, because I had a short LD

[spoiler]I was at school (again, it’s not even funny anymore >_>) but this time I realized I was dreaming because of a huge mirror in the school hall in which I changed my appearance. oooh, right. -> lucid
I wanted to go out of the building but noticed Jacob and Edward from the Twilight in the hall facepalm so I kicked their arses on my way (yeah I don’t like twilight…)
In front of the school I immediately flew up, first time trying flapping my arms/swimming in the air…it worked great, though I was flying in an awkward angle and could’t change it
I looked down at the city, but there was only a huge beach leading to the ocean …it was beautiful and as I saw a bunch of boats and jet skis I remembered the first task so I landed on the jet ski and aimed for a nearby island I saw in front of me. It was a great feeling, I have tried a jet ski once IRL but this felt even better. To my surprise it started taking off and it was flying after a while o_O so I had a flying jet ski, yeah… I didn’t make it to the island because my dad woke me up :grrr:[/spoiler]

Solaris: Very close :content: The only thing I’ll correct is the way you scored the vehicle creation. A hoverboard wouldn’t count for 30, only 15 since they do already exist in science fiction, but the modified board does count for 30 since that is of your own creation. I guess it’s just a reverse of what you scored :tongue: . Buut, that does mean you get |5 pts| for two flying types as well. And that was a very awesome LD, so I think it warrants |10 bonus pts| Grand total: |350 pts|. Very impressive!

Shinjo: For completing the first task you get |30 lucid + 30 task (water) + 10 vehicle type (air) = 70 pts|, then |20 lucid pts| for the short lucid, and |5 bonus pts| because I also hate Jacob and Edward :tongue:.

I had successful unplanned WILD :happy:
It was kinda short, so short it is.(I’ll write it in here later)
I had a ND dream too, and I did the friends challnge, my best friend was with me from the start to the end of the dream, I walked with her to my home, we laughed togheter. and told stories to each other.

Since I have already completed the current two tasks of the challenge I decided use my LD´s for spiritual understanding. Tonight I made four attempts to WILD, two of which were succesful.

SPOILER - Click to view

The first started as a very negative dream, although I wouldn´t classify it as a nightmare. While in my parents house I saw my mother, and realized this had to be a dream, since she died a few years ago.
The first thing I did was zap a unsupecting genua pig that happened to be in the room while shouting ´Thunderstrike!´ Her hair was standing up in all directions while the energy flowed through her. She was not happy.
Then I remember my goal. I walk outside the house, and look up to the sky. ‘God, what is the purpose of life in this universe?’ I ask. It was a different question that the one I had originally intented to ask, but it was still a worthwhile question.
Immediately a strange force starts to pull my body forward. I feel being stretched, like if I was being pulled towards a black hole. It’s a good feeling though, and I realize that I am going towards a beautiful place. I guess this is a vehicle as well, or at least a means of transportation. I expect to be going upwards into the sky, but instead I am being pulled northwards.
A strange creature starts to claw on me. I don’t realize it at this time, but this creature is a product of the negative energy that was in this dream before I became lucid. I know the dream will not last for more then a few seconds, so I won’t get to visit this beautiful place. The creature seems to rip my body apart, although it does not hurt, and the dream is already fading.

After this I made two unsuccesful attempts to WILD. The first time I felt my body vibrating as my body became paralized, but my mind was to awake to enter the dream state. The second time I don’t remember as clearly. I thinking I was viewing different people and locations, but I wasn’t in the dreamworld yet.

-Short LD: 20 points
-Driving a fictional vehicle other then the main three: 30+15+20=65 points.

SPOILER - Click to view

The fourth attempt was succesful however, and I am in the same location in the dreamworld again. It’s daytime now though, and the negative energy that was in the first dream is gone. I decide not to call God this time, but look for my SG. I have never met him or her, although I’ve had many LD, so I believe this is a good time to start.
First I walk through the various rooms of the house. At each corner or door I expect to meet my SG, but he/she is not there. I want to exit the house, but it is like a maze so I am unable to. Finally I rush to a wall and break through it with my body. I am standing in the garden behind the house. There are various people here, but I can’t find my SG.
The next thing I do is walk around the house. Again, around each corner I expect to find my SG, but I am unable to. Finally I ask an old lady driving a car if she knows my SG or if she perhaps even IS my SG. She replies negatively.
Finally, I decide to call God again. ‘God, where I am from?’ This was the question I had intended to ask in the first dream.
The strange force starts to pull on my body again, and it feels just as right as the first time. I am pulled towards the sky though, and not northward like in the first dream. I am being transported through a tunnel, and end up in a landscape of rolling hills, and small patches of woodland. Somehow it feels more permanent and ancient then anything on this planet. The colours and air also seem somewhat different, although it’s hard to put my finger on exactly how.
In this land there is a group of about eight people, who look completely human. They then start to transform into figures of clay. They are still alive and human, but they have unintelligent expressions on their faces. They are still human, or they have the potential to become human, but they are primitive and very, very old. I know I couldn’t have a conversation with them, because they are not intelligent enough at this point in time to actually speak. They look more like extensions of the landscape then anything else.
My visits to this place ends. With a blinding flash of light I am back in the normal dreamworld, but my dream ends soon thereafter.

-Long LD: 40 points
-Driving a fictional vehicle other then the main three: 30+15+20=65 points.

Besides those two dreams I have also had other images of insight, both last night and this morning just after my second dream. They are related to the truth of life, this universe and our purpose in it, and all other universes out there. Needless to say, they were extremely beautiful, and they have increased my understanding tremendously.

Not sure about the score this time, but my calcuation is 190 :cool:

Solaris at first I’m sorry about your mother…

And second I want to say that thoose dream are amazing and spirtual, maybe you’re not ready yet to see your SG, but I’m sure he/she will come :smile:

You know how dreams can be. Sometimes you can summon anyone or do anything, and at other times nothing seems to work. This is the first time I tried calling my SG anyway, so I’m sure I’ll have better luck next time :cool:

Understanding though is the most important thing in this universe. Don’t believe for a minute that I have some special talent for LD’s. I simply figured out the best way to have LD’s (it’s a personal technique), and have been improving my skill for some time. Information can be found here: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 398#564398 :content:

I think you’d be really suprised if I told exactly what I’ve learned from my dreams and images over the past few years :wink:

Great :happy:
Self eveloped techniques are always the best :smile:

idanl09: Hey, way to go. For meeting your friend you get |30 task + 40 activity (walking home together, telling stories)= 70 pts| plus | 20 lucid pts| for your short LD. [i]Edit:I forgot to give you your early pts, so that’s another |20 pts|[/i]

Solaris: Sorry, being transported, though it is a means of travel, is not a vehicle. Even if it did count, however, you did not best your original score for the first task. In the LC, points for the same task in different dreams are not composite. You can retry a task at any team, but you’ll have to beat your previous score for it to count and then it replaces the first attempt. But, you still did earn a total of |60 lucid pts| :smile:

Third Task: Make Some Music!

Make some noise! In this task I want you to create music. Conduct a symphony, play in a rock band, make music spontaneously appear. Heck, turn on the radio if you’re just that unimaginative :tongue: .

-For making music at all +30pts
-If you play an instrument yourself +20pts for the first and +5pts for any others. And no, playing the radio does not count for this.
-If you lead a band, direct a symphony or anything to that effet, +10pts

And if those aren’t enough points for ya:

-For every original piece or song you make +10pts
-If you create a new instrument, never before seen by man +20 for the first and +5 for any others (and yes, this can be combined with the 5 for playing different instruments, making the total bonus +10).

I know a couple of you have making music as your personal task, and you can still get credit for it by just completing this task. Yay. We’ll let this go for 3 days.

Cool! singing count also?

Nice. I couldn’t get lucid for the last task, but I have a good feeling about this one. :wink:

I really look forward to trying this!

While making music isn’t my personal task for this challenge, I’m still a musician. I play jazz piano. I’m looking forward to this! :happy:

Last night, I had a medium-length LD. I did not post it in my dream journal so I will post it here. I don’t know if it counts as ‘driving’, and I’m sure I didn’t get the early points, but here it is, anyways:

SPOILER - Click to view

It was day time, and I was riding on a school city bus. When I became lucid, I started to make the bus fly. To clear it up: I’m not the bus driver. We were flying over the river. I am enjoying the view, and it is fun and exhilarating. I get off while in the air and do a running jump right out of the door. Whew! I am free! I fly over the river for a while, admiring the view, noticing thatl I just flew over five bridges!