LC #25, Winner: Solaris! Congratulations!

I got…something last night. I don’t know, it’s up to Rhawin to decide if animals count as vehicles. :tongue:
(I’d say it was a short LD by my standards.)
Link

[spoiler]The First Task(-ish)
As far back as I can remember, I am some sort of knight on a quest. I arrive at a spacious, blue room that is apparently the throne room of a queen. The queen has a lot of gold hidden away–supposedly under the massive trap door that sits right in front of her. The queen herself is strapped to the throne by all sorts of ropes and chains. (I intuitively know that that’s just her style.) She tells me and my two companions that she’ll be willing to give up some gold if we find a way to release her from her chains.

We leave, and in doing so it becomes apparent that I’m dreaming. I start rubbing my hands as I look around for a vehicle. Unfortunately, there are none in sight, and the dream destabilizes much too quickly.

[chain]

I retrieve the dream and decide to ask for a vehicle. I request a horse and buggy and turn around, but find nothing. I try that once more and decide to keep looking for one. However, I see a very bright, very dangerous-looking light in the direction I’m walking and decide I should try going the other way.

Lo and behold, my wish has been granted…sort of. A man is offering free rides on his cow/bull (can’t remember which). The cow/bull is attached by a rope to a tall pole, so it can only go in circles. Whatever, I’ll take anything. I jump onto the bovine and it starts running. Unfortunately, the dream destabilized again–this time because it became a wet dream. The bovine managed about a semicircle before I awoke.[/spoiler]

Congratulations on the first LD of the challenge! Was it fun, did the bull try to throw you off? And yes, the bull does count as a vehicle.

Calculating score… Done!

Driving Vehicle: |30 lucid + 20 early + 30 first vehicle (land) = 80 points| and then add in lucid points which gets you |20 short + 5 regaining lucidity = 25 points| so you land with a grand total of |105 points|

Thanks, Rhawin. The bull was covered in these rug-like things that made it surprisingly easy to stay on (but also made it hard to tell if it was a bull or cow). It was pretty mellow, really.

I’m putting the second task up now. Bear in mind you can still submit the first one on time if it was the last task up when you went to bed. Also, don’t forget you can still earn points if you have an ND relating to the task.

LC #25, Second Task: Find Your Friends!

So in this task I want you to find yourself a playmate. This person can either be one of your RL friends or they can be a DC you’ve become friends with (I’m looking at you CALD people!). I want you to first find one main friend you want to do this task with, but you can have others as well.

It is important, though, that you pick this primary playmate wisely because they’re going to stick with you for a while. It doesn’t mean you love whoever you chose over the others more, it just means they’re the one you want to dream with :content:

Once you’ve got them, go out and have fun! Chill out, walk on the surface of the sun, eat a diamond, whatever you can think of! And, I’m going to try something never before done in LC history, but we’ll get to that in just one second. So, here’s how it works.

-You find your friend + 30 pts
-For every different activity you do with this friend+ 20 pts
-If you make this friend of yours lucid (i.e. tell them it’s a dream and the believe you) +10 pts
-Want more friends? For every extra friend you bring along +5 pts

For those who want a bit of a challenge:
-Create-A-Friend: basically you make a DC friend from scratch. This can’t be based on a RL friend or previous DC. Think of creating a new character in the Sims. For making a friend you get +30 pts, even if they are not going to be your main friend.
-For every other create-a-friend after the first +10 pts (and you won’t get anything for creating identical twins :tongue: )

:hurray: And now for an LC first :partying_face:
You friend is allowed to help you out on any subsequent or previous task. This is going to be an ongoing program throughout the LC, and it gives yet another opportunity to earn some points. Whoever helps you, they must be your primary friend from this challenge. (Example: if I choose The Doctor for my friend challenge, he’s the only one who can do this part with me).

-If your friend helps you with any other challenge, I will give you +20 bonus points, eligible once per challange. In the event you are redoing a challenge, I will give you these points regardless of whether you beat your old score or not.

Like said, we’re doing something new with this. I don’t know how it will turn out, but I expect it will be fun. Best of luck, and let me know if you have questions. Current standings will be up once we get most of the task 1 stuff turned in.

P.S. I’m going to go ahead and give you guys 3 days on this one. The last one seemed a tad short, no?

I had a medium length LD last night, but I did not remember the task.

Ok, then |+30 pts| for you :content:

pheww…want a lucid dream already D: no LD for two weeks…
last night, I had a dream in which I went to the bathroom, and since I do a RC every time (coughalmost) I go to one, I remembered to do it but I didn’t have to, because I realized it was a dream right away…a shame that the dream started to fade immediately :sad:
it was a FA. I did’t catch it, though :wallhit:
…what annoys me the most is, that as the dream proceeded I was in a “bathroom” again, and this time a very creepy one, more like a cellar with old broken toilets and showers, it was dark and there was hair everywhere. eww. and I didn’t check the reality, of course…
but I’m optimistic, I usually have a proper LD the next night after something like this happens…It’s like a preparation or something lol … (I wish. haha)

Same here Shinju, my last LD was on the 16th but it was so awfully short that I don’t even consider it an LD. Last night I dreamed that I was living on a double-sided island that floated in the air. Once in a while the island would turn up side down and I had to hold unto the edge so I wouldn’t fall off until it righted itself and then I could stand up again on the other side of it. What’s wrong with this picture?

sounds quite interesting :tongue:

Well, Shinju, a lucid moment is better than nothing and gets you |10 pts|

Current Standings

1. KauaiDreamer |0|
  2. LegendaryDreamer |30|
  3. Puce |0|
  4. BlueMoon |0|
  5. Hexaditidom |0|
  6. Siiw (Do a RC) |0|
  7. sls93 |0|
  8. idanl09 |0|
  9. The Scientist |105|
  10. working class hero |0|
  11. james_uk2008 |0|
  12. Ebilshrimp |0|
  13. Shinju |10|
  14. Crow |0|
  15. Solaris |0|
  16. Sonia |0|

I had a ND this morning and I said hi to my friend from school…if that counts lol

Oh me too!it’s such a bummer not to have LDs for 2 weeks, but usally in the third week I have a lot of LDs :happy:

If you just said “hi” and walked away, then unfortunately not.

Oh…well I tried lol

I was really intent on becoming lucid, and told myself to be driving/riding different vehicles and meet a friend. Somehow all these affirmations made it into my ND but no lucidity.

[spoiler]I was on a bicycle going down the hill from Kokee (elevation 4000ft, length of road 12 miles from top of hill 4000 ft to ocean 0 ft) I was going really fast through all the sharp hairpin turns, but I was unafraid cause I knew I was in control. I ended up on a freeway (we don’t have any here) and that should have been a big dreamsign! Like in any dream, the bike had changed into a car without me finding it odd at all. There were a lot of overhead signs on the freeway, and instead of town names they had movie classifications on them. Romance, Action, Classics, and one said Lucid Dreaming. I actually turned my head around cause I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, I was amazed that Lucid Dreaming was a category! But I didn’t “wake” up. :ohno:
I also met a friend in my dream, he was helping me find my car after I had parked it in a parking lot. In RL I have a tendency to forget where I parked, I guess that transfered into my dream. In the dream I did vaguely remember where I parked it though.[/spoiler]

Well that works, anyway :smile:

Driving a vehicle |30 task (bicycle) + 20 early combo + 5 same vehicle type (car)= 55 pts|

Find your Friend |30 task + 20 early + 20 activity (looking for car; how boring =P )= 70 pts|

No LD last night D:

bah. in one of my ND last night, I was with my friend who lives in another city (like…400km away…yeah.)
It started with me being out in the morning, I wanted to go to a teahouse (ding. there isn’t any.) but it was too early and it was closed. On my way to school I met this friend, and she went to my school with me. (school again, darn it, it’s holiday rigt now >_<) It was like…the last day of school and we were waiting for the teacher to give us report cards and this friend was with me all the time in the classroom, lol
I got my report card and my friend was mocking me because of my marks, heh…I don’t remember what we did after that

Short lucid dream:
Dream Journal Entry

:smile: