LD4ALL Quest 137: December
The Spirit of Gifting is a traditional LD4all Quest, originally devised by Qu.
On LD4all we have featured Wing Quests to enable members to explore LDs in a fun way. If the lucid dreamer is successful, one LD4All feather badge can be earned. Collecting ten feathers will grant you a special Wing badge!
The Spirit of Giving XV
Another year has come and gone, and what an interesting year it has been. I’m sure most of us are glad to put 2020 behind us, but before we can there’s still one thing left to do.
December is a time to reflect on the year and look ahead to the new one, and it’s also a time for friends, family, holidays and fun. It might be impossible for some us of to meet up with those we love this year, but at least we can see each other in our dreams.
For the last fourteen years we have been bridging borders and exchanging gifts with each other in our dreams as a way to celebrate the holidays, and so we’d like to extend this tradition to you in our 15th celebration of the Spirit of Gifting!
It’s easy, whether you celebrate Woolfenoot, Candlenights, Winter-een-mas or any other end of year holiday, all you have to do is find another person in an LD and give them a present! Maybe it’s someone from LD4All, or a loved one you can’t see this year or just a dream character you’re fond of, be sure to give them a gift from the heart and let them know you’re thinking of them. For nothing can compare to seeing the face of a loved one light up as they open a present from you.
Now go out there and enjoy yourself, and don’t forget the gift wrapping!
To complete this Quest and earn your feather:
- Step 1: Become Lucid!
- Step 2: Give a wrapped gift to someone!
- Step 3: Watch them open it!
- Step 4: Success!!
- Bonus: Receive a gift in return
- Bonus: Travel around your dream world leaving gifts as you go
- Optional: When you wake, draw your gift and share it in the Fruits of Lucidity or Garden of Creation
Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - feathers will be granted if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest.
The feathers are a reward for yourself.
Feather badges will be granted after you have posted your success in this topic
Tips for Completing this Quest
- Read the first ever LD4All Spirit of Giving Quest: Quest #14
- Prepare by thinking about the the person you want to give a gift to, and what you want to give them, before going to sleep.
- To get the gift try buying it from a shop, materialising it before you or expecting it to be there when you turn around. Be creative!
- Try shouting the person’s name, looking behind a door for them, expecting them to be behind you or maybe just showing up to a holiday party they’re attending!
Remember to have fun!
Now go out there and dream lucidly!
Happy Holidays to all, and to all a good night!