LD4all Quest 32: june: Face your Fears

LD4all Quest 32 - june - Face your Fears
Author: pasQuale

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Face your fears!
suggested by a lot of people, too many names to include :wink:

Lucid dreaming is an excellent way to face your fears. So, in this Quest you will attempt to face your fears by summoning that what you fear most, while lucid, and face it. You can do this in several ways. You can summon a fear (like fear of hights/spiders). You can re-enter a nightmare and transform it.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • summon your worst fear or re-enter a nightmare.
  • face it.
  • handle your fear how you like it. hug it, transform it, defeat it, demand a gift, etc.
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Another possibility is to incubate a nightmare and become lucid during a scary dream and then confronting/transforming the fearful situation.

What matters in this Quest is that you face your fear. What happens after facing it is your own unique experience. The act of facing your fear will earn your wings in
this one.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for completing this Quest
(These are things to inspire, you can do whatever works for you ofcourse :smile: )*
Summon a dreamguide to bring you to your worst fear and help you facing it.

• Use an elevator and press the HORROR button
  • Call out loud for your worst fear to appear.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• set your mind for this Quest
  • ponder on your fears. What fear would you want to face in a LD?
  • ponder on how you would want to face it. eg: confront it (monster), or walk on the ledge of a very tall building if you have fear for heights, etc.
  • ponder on how you will feel if you have faced your fear

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Good luck and remember this Quote:

There is nothing to fear but fear itself

suggested reading: the Nightmare topic in the guide. in case you want to confront a nightmarish situation.

I’m the first person to even post here :content:
And I think that I completed the Quest :smile:

My biggest fear 03/06/08
I couldn’t come up with my biggest fear. So I decided to search for it in a LD.
I’m in a dark room with shops. Some are closed, others are closing. I want to enter a shop but I’m too late. My sister is also in the room.
I’m starting to realise that this World isn’t real.

The realization begins slow. I don’t have the ‘O this is a dream moment’
My sight is blurry. I feel myself waking up. I feel myself lying in bed. I decide not to move.
This is a FA, But I believe that I really woke up.
I fall back in the dream. I visualize the environment. It Works. My sister is still there. There are some cartoon figures with her. They walk like they don’t see me. They have pokémons with them. I wonder what I will do. I remember the Quest. I imagine my biggest fear being behind the corner. I doubt i fit will work but I put away the doubt. I walk around the corner. Everything seems to be normal. Then I see a long road running up a hill. I wonder where it stands for. The road is supposed to be a symbol for my biggest fear. I think that the road stands for my life. I take a bicycle and I ride the road. It is pretty hard. It goes very slow but I do not have to stop. Some classmates and friends are around me. They all commentate on the situation, but nobody is negative. Then the cycling gets really hard. I make a joke to my boyfriend. I tell him that it is probably a teacher. I look behind and I see that it is the teacher. I know that he is there because I thought of him being there. I realize that this teacher never ‘stopped’ me in real life. I cycle a little further.
I reach a house. My aunt is there. It is her birthday. She forces us to stay. Nobody is allowed to leave early this time.

congratulations ansie! On waking up, did you connect this to a fear you have? About the road? Does it have a deeper meaning now you have written down the dream?

I did this one last night as well in a LD, I didn’t really plan on doing it but it was the only thing that came to mind. I won’t share it since it’s personal. But I did like you Ansie, I didn’t know what my biggest fear was so I entered a door expecting to find it there.

I can’t connect this dream to a real fear.
In my dream I thought that the road was a symbol for the path of my life. The fact that cycling up the hill was hard could mean that reaching the top is hard. The teacher could be a symbol for my school. I go to a new school after the summer. That is pretty scary.
But I wouldn’t call it my biggest fear.

Wow. I was planning to do this in my next LD anyway… does several reality checks

Cliché as it is, my biggest fear is spiders. And strangely enough they’re a common occurrence in my dreams, so this should prove interesting.

Hmm, my biggest fear is a little vague. It’s essentially a fear of living a life of loneliness (no marriage, kids, etc.). Anyone have any suggestions on how I could work this into a dream?

Maybe you can sit alone in a room in your dream, and try to have peace with it?

I don’t know what I’m scared of. Maybe my dreams will show me. :smile:

Hey, check the “A Flying Round And The Cannontrain”

too long since i’ve been active here, will try this, if i can get into a lucid dream, i want to get over a certain fear as it is causing serious real-life problems(in my opinion)

ps: hey, post 700 XD i forgot XD

Since the road signifies your life and you biked along it means that you are afraid of something in your future. I think the teacher signifies the end of High School or College. The fact that you are on the road with friends makes me think they have to do with something. I think that if the dream had continued your friends would slowly drift away from you, eventually leaving your sight forever. This means that you are afraid of losing your friends in the future.

Exactly how do you mean?

[mod]A Flying Round And The Cannontrain :moogle: [/mod]

Thanks for creating the link,

Yes, I have, I was very frightened when I saw the country from 4000 meters.
[color=red]Regarding my scare of heights IRL, it has decreased a bit, and I hope it decreases to 0 :razz:[/color]

great dream ghostie11 and congrats on facing your fear for heights! keep it up in the LD and you’ll get it to 0 hopefully :smile: I also liked how you used your TK powers in that dream :content:

I did it two nights ago!!! So the dream went like this:
I was running down the hallways of my old school from a long time ago being chased by at least ten men wearing all black and carrying high-powered weapons. I remember the dream characters seemed not to care when I ran down the hallways screaming. I finally came to a dead end and I saw a girl who I’ve dated a long time ago and I asked the girl out (which was odd, because we really don’t like each other that much anyway) but anyway the men caught up to me and just looked him, he dropped his gun and shook my hand and then I woke up. And I felt pretty darn good. I seem to find that nightmares or evil people just seem to make getting lucid easier… But anyway I was proud.
I have always been afraid of being gunned to death…What a way to die :sad:

congrats luciddator! I like how he shook your hand :happy:
you get your wings at the end of the month :smile:

[center]
congratulations to
Ansie
GHOSTIE11
and
luciddator

for completing this Quest :happy: [/center]

congratulations GHOSTIE11 and luciddator for earning your wings with this Quest :fly:

This Quest is now officially over, which means you can’t earn your wings anymore by doing this one. You are free however to attempt it on your own and post your results in this topic :smile: