Learning to fly

When I attempt to fly, I find a tall building to jump off of. While I am dreaming, I don’t feel any fear of heights of jumping from the building. I then open a window, and just jump out of. Even if I don’t fly, some other things happen, such as I fall through the ground, or I just bounce off of the ground.

Sometimes I react to things I know won't hurt me when I am dreaming, such as people throwing things at me. Most of the time, I have good experiences. My favorite LD was when I figured out I was dreaming, and then I found the top floor. It was like my own room, but the floors were bare. I  closed the door, and then, a big mosquito came in through the door. It looked like a 3D cartoon. It said that I was trapped, and when I looked out of the window, I saw lots of these mosquitoes on the ground. I jumped out of the window, and right before I hit the ground, I started to fly. That was the best part. There were birds also flying, saying that I did a good job. I saw my friend, and she joined me in the air. Slowly the dream faded, and I was left in my bed, satisfied and excited about my lucid dream.

Cool stuff :ok:

Recently for me, though–something weird just happened in an ND turned LD–a DILD…

I had just murdered some guy that stole my car (actually it was quite brutal, and it wasn’t the car theft that did it–he was in my house :eek: ) Anyway, I had to learn to fly to get away…
Now normally, flying is second-nature to me–ND or otherwise–but this time I could only achieve the power of flight via a plastic toddler chair. I’d sit in the chair and it’d spin kinda wobbly into the air and kinda bob up and down like it didn’t know whether to fly or not–it was a very odd, but real feeling. I could fly, if not amateurishly (not a word, I know), but only about five or six meters off the ground–maybe seven :uh: And even still it was awkward and I could barely control my direction.
So, I landed on a billboard or something, dropped my chair, and couldn’t get down because I couldn’t fly without it (I asked someone to call the fire department :lol: ). And no, telekinesis didn’t work either.
And I wasn’t even about to jump down–dream or not :razz:
Kinda like an LD power dryspell :hmmm:
I’ma try to see if I can fly normally again tonight :yes:

merged into an existing topic :moogle:

What have you guys used to help learn flying? Has anyone ever used a magic carpet- like Alladin? :cool:

The fastest way to learn how to fly in an LD is to realise that you don’t have to learn anything at all.

If you believe there are steps that need to be taken then there will be. If you believe you do not know those steps you won’t know those steps.

All you have to do is fly. It’s as simple as that.

:lol: I’ve only ever used something to help me fly on two different occasions :yes:

The first time, I was on a strange island with even stranger cultures. Me and my DG, Haji–like from Johnny Quest (I called him “Hajj” :content:)–had to escape, but I couldn’t fly that good, so he gave me this sort of flying-device (it was like a jet-steering wheel with a glass bubble that filled with air) :smile:
The second time, was the one I just described with the chair :wink:
One dream I was like a dragon-Vincent Valentine’s chaos form (from Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy), but I don’t think that counts :uh:

Omnisomnia :hmmm: I believe I agree :yes:

i agree with this, when i first tried to fly, i said to myself i can do this its easy, and i did! although i woke up shortly after :cry:

My way of flying in my LDs have been quite strange, anyone who’s watched Superman or Smallville will understand this, I can only fly when Jor-El is talking to me from the sky, so whenever I want to fly I have to ask Jor-El to talk!

Omnisomnia, this has to be one of the coolest quotes I’ve read. I think that could be said about doing almost anything if you apply it to real life as well. Thanks for the words, I even wrote them down!

To fly I use the “Superman” method, I imagine a force, similar to a jet engine, pushing out the bacl of my feet. I control my direction by willing myself to go where I want, there isn;t any turning my body or arm waving.

Though I havn’t been fully lucid yet :sad: . Flying for me involved jumping head first (superman style) from the top of a very long outdoor staircase. As I fell, the stairs also went down; this meant I didn’t hit the floor (I got a good 20 seconds of flying that way). Once the stairs ran out I just forward rolled from my hands and landed on my feet.
I then looked up the stairs and thought that I shouldn’t have been able to do that (but still didn’t realise I was dreaming) :cry: :grrr:

I tried flying in my latest LD and failed badly, I almost flew by falling through the floor and reappearing in the sky.

IMHO falling is just as fun as flying. That’s one of the things I want to do when I become lucid. Fly real high and then let myself fall to the ground and then make the ground one gigantic trampoline!

I’m on medicine in my dream. I take pills to fly.

Whattt? I can’t fly on my own. I take off, then slowly float down after a good 20 feet. I can hardly get on top of my house. So until I get my butt to Lucid School (I love that idea), I’m going to be on medicine. My recent LDs have had no LD powers (odd), though, or I’d have already gone.