Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

2021-06-18T05:00:00Z: Explore a Volcano

Objective: Explore the scorching environ of a volcano!

As a nice parallel to the previous biome task, for this one you’ll need to travel (any way you’d like) to a volcano, preferably an active one! Hike (or ride, or fly) up the side of the towering behemoth and gaze into its smoldering caldera… or try (not) to avoid molten globs of rock as it erupts, shaking the ground and turning the sky gray with ash. If you’re really brave, you could take a swim in the boiling rock and explore the insides of the volcano itself.

For reference, the task board can be found here.

2021-07-02T05:00:00Z: Play an Instrument

Objective: Play any musical instrument!

The objective of this task is to make some music! Find and play any musical instrument of your choice! Piano, guitar, flute… accordion, dulcimer, didgeridoo… EWI, synthesizer, theremin… It doesn’t matter as long as it’s an instrument! You can even make up your own for this task! As long as you play some kind of melody on it you’re good!

PS: It’s a little saddening that this thread went two weeks without any activity… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Whew! Recall has been a little spotty the past few weeks for me and I’ve been super busy in WL, but after cleaning my bed room my recall has been a little better (cluttered room, cluttered mind? Clean room, clear recall??? Something about giving my sleeping space some care probably gave me a boost, I guess?)

Also got some powerful feelings backing up my MILD mantras from my recent piano interest.

Excited to claim points for the instrument task and for a long LD! I actually had set my intention to play the piano (although I hoped to play with Carol) right before I saw the instrument task posted on the task list before bed last night.

2 Likes

Yay! Congratulations, @Splash! On both the task and the long LD! I’m really pleased with the choice of music you played. Already feeling nostalgic… and I’m not quite done with the show yet. :stuck_out_tongue: Anywho, I’ll update the task board with your new details. :smile:

1 Like

And an unexpected short LD from me this morning! It’s not much, but it’s my first lucid in, like… 40 days so… yea… I’ll take it. Hopefully, I can have another soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2021-07-16T05:00:00Z: An Animated World

Objective: Experience an “Animated” Dreamscape!

Time for something a bit more challenging… maybe! For this task, you will need to convert / visit a dreamscape in which everything is animated! Whether that be in the style of children’s cartoons, Japanese anime, or even cell-shaded video games, as long as the world around you seems drawn to life it will count. So go re-enact your favourite show and enjoy the fun!

I did some sky diving Under Darken Skies. I’d like to claim 8 points in total, 3 for length and 5 for the sky diving task.

I think the length was about 5-6 minutes. The memories I have might not add up entirely to that, but inside the dream I already thought it was at least 3 points, potentially much more. Well I don’t remember for sure and like to be on the conservative side with my estimates, so 3 points seems fair.

The sky diving worked quite as planned, except the landing. I thought about landing in a lake before when I was in a mountain area some weeks ago and was inspired that starting off of mountain would also be a cool idea. It seems the water seeped through somehow, even though I originally envisioned myself landing on land :joy: Well maybe there will be a repeat some day. This is definitely a fun task I can recommend. So if you are reading this and thinking about joining the LTLT but are paralyzed with all the tasks at your disposal, why not pick this one and start dreaming tonight :wink:

1 Like

Congrats, @Marvin! I’m glad you did the skydiving task! It’s one of my favourite things to do in dreams… though usually I hit the ground. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll update the task list with your points. :slightly_smiling_face:

As for me… I’ve been away for a week because I’ve been super busy with a bunch of things… but I’ve been taking notes and recording dreams… just haven’t had a chance to post… and… well… how’s four lucids sound? :open_mouth: Specifically:

• Desert Magnets and Slime Monsters, A Short Lucid
  • Cornelia Talks to Herself, A Medium Short Lucid
  • Corrupt Police, Another Short Lucid
  • A Lucid Microsecond, An Extremely Short Lucid

All of them can be found here. Sadly, no tasks done, but that was the most lucid I’ve been in a long time, so I’m very excited! Hopefully it keeps up… it would be nice to get out of the one lucid every four to six weeks.

1 Like

Last night I made it Through The Mirror for the very first task on the LTLT and score that one for the first time (5 points). Also, this was one of the longest LDs I have ever had! 5 points for length please ^.^

Lucid dreaming is so much fun when it is working out properly :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Congratulations, @Marvin! That was a superb lucid dream! I shall update the task board immediately!

2021-07-30T05:00:00Z: Liftoff! (Or Touchdown!)

Objective: Take a ride in a space shuttle.

Here’s another space task! For this one, you need to either lift off from the surface of a planet or land on one while taking a ride in a shuttle. Glance around at all the buttons, levers, and switches… adjust dials… prepare for a landing… and be sure to peek out the window and get a look at the exit or entry flares!

I had some fun with Blue Water this morning, but no tasks or anything. I would like to have 1 point for lucid length please :slight_smile:

It’s funny. After waking up I was sure that this was one point only, but after having written it out in full in my DJ and the redacted version on LD4all, it feels as though it should have been more than 2 minutes. But I better trust my initial judgement because memory was best then.

Congrats on your lucid, @Marvin! That was an interesting RC you did there! I shall update the task board immediately with your point…

… and one of my own, as well! I had a short lucid this morning. Nothing too special… just ended up flying around a bit and getting into mischief. Sadly, I didn’t recall my goal of wanting to do the skydiving task. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe next time!

1 Like

During some Dream Encounters and Family Fun this morning I did sky diving again. It’s 2 points for length and 4 for task completion :content:

I’m really excited to be having a bunch of LDs close together again. It seems we are on a good track, Cornelia :happy: I even tried to visit you in the dream, but maybe you were busy dreaming somewhere else :lol:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the task, @Marvin! That is definitely the way to do that one, and if this were the LC I’d give you bonus points for doing it “the best way”. :stuck_out_tongue: When I hit the ground I sort of ragdoll. Sometimes I bounce… Others I just go thud. It seems to vary randomly. I shall update the task board at once!

And a short lucid for me… Not much, though… no tasks… barely there… here’s hoping I can do something task related! Marvin has me wanting to do the Skydiving task so I’ve been trying to incubate that… I guess I haven’t been very successful. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I should probably get myself on this list and caught up before work takes all my time to do so.

Under 2 Minutes: 4/24/21
Under 4 Minutes, Possible Playing an instrument? (It happened before I was lucid…not sure that one counts): 5/7/21
Under 2 minutes: /5/12/21
Under 6 Minutes: 5/14/21
Under 6 Minutes: 6/17/21
Under 8 Minutes: 6/21/21
Under 6 Minutes: 6/24/21
Under 2 Minutes: 7/1/21
Under 6 Minutes & Through the Mirror: 7/19/21
Under 4 Minutes: 7/31/21
Under 4 Minutes: 8/7/21

That should bring me up to current point totals.

Edit: For reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes

2021-08-13T05:00:00Z: Airbending

Objective: Do a little Airbending.

Time for another Avatar task… and this one is gonna be fun! It’s airbending! Move some air around. Use air to move other things around. Maybe spar with some other benders or try riding on a ball of air. You can even use a bit of airbending in combination with a glider to fly. You might even find some bison while you’re flying about!

1 Like

Welcome, @JohnnyReklaw. I’ll get you a spot lined up on the task board. (In the future, though, could you post more frequently? That’s a lot of dreams for me to read!! :open_mouth: )

Unfortunately, you have to do the task while lucid so the music instrument doesn’t count… maybe next time!!

A few things I noticed. You mention in your 2021/06/17 entry that you had a lucid on 2021/05/29 but you didn’t report it above… you may want to do another pass as you probably missed some lucids! :open_mouth:

And, I just finished reading your lucids… I’ll have to go back and read your whole journal at some point. :smile: But for now, I shall add you to the board and update the points accordingly. :slight_smile:

Also… I have my own lucid dream to report! it was either a short or medium short… so I’ll go with short as I think that was more accurate… but I did manage to kinda do the skydiving task! I’m not super happy with it, though… so I’m gonna have to do it again! Which… makes sense… since I’ll need to do it four times to get all the checkmarks. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just discovered this existed. I have been looking for a chance to go back through the whole journal and write it.

Ah Yes. It appears I missed that one, and its an important one in my lucid learnings!.

Under 2 minutes: 5/29/21

In a second pass, that seems the only one.

2 Likes