Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

No worries, @Surrealistic! You can post them slowly or all at once. I don’t mind occasional all-at-once dumps… but try not to make a habit of it… the idea is to come back regularly and see what everyone’s up to as well as let everyone know about your successes!

Yes, it’s 1 lucid dream and 1 task per night. I’m beginning to wonder if I should allow summing up all the time lucid during the night (i.e. two 5 minute dreams count as one 10 minute dream). That might complicate things, so lets just keep it at claim your longest. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can update the task board with your points, but if your dream was “at least 8 minutes” that would be a five point dream! I’ll go ahead and count it as a medium-long (4 points) since that’s what you requested, but if you believe it was at least or longer than 8 minutes, please let me know and I’ll upgrade that to 5 points!

(Also, I would count the visit a volcano, provided it wasn’t 100% a science project but an actual, miniature volcano and you inspected / explored it… though I imagine exploring a full-size one would be more fun!)

For reference, the task board can be found here.

Thanks @Cornelia_Xaos, the longer one was roughly 8 mins but probably not more, so 4pts is fair.

I’ll dig out those task attempts and post them up! Need to have a read through of everyone’s progress too!

2 Likes

I took part in a Prison Break action adventure last night that was abruptly turned into a short but certainly intense lucid dream. One point please :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

@Surrealistic, I look forward to reading them! @Marvin, logging the point! :smile:

I had a medium LD this morning. No tasks.

1 Like

2021-08-27T05:00:00Z: Explore a Swamp

Objective: Explore the murky environ of a swamp!

For this task, you’ll need to travel (any way you like) to a swamp! Be careful as you trudge through the mud and murk or take it easy and fly safely above. Keep an eye out for the usual suspects: fallen branches, decaying plant life, an almost putrid stench… Maybe, though, the swamp you find will be a bit more unorthodox and have, say, giant mushrooms and other fungi all over the place? Or a strange ogre and his friend, a donkey. Either way, you’re sure to find something!

Also, I had two lucid dreams today! They were only medium-shorts, though, so just 2 points for one of them, though.

1 Like

I was thinking about the cartoon thing with the moon and sun, it may count for the animated world. But you can tell for yourself if it was intentional and satisfying enough for the task.

@Marvin , it was kinda like a Minecraft sun and moon… but I don’t really count it as I wasn’t in the world so much as observing some weird representation of it… Thanks for keeping an eye out, though!

As for today, another lucid! This one was about medium… maybe medium-long, but I’m gonna count it as a medium since it felt more on the shorter side.

1 Like

I got lucid purely through Annoyance this morning :lol: One point for lucid length please.

1 Like

Logging your point, @Marvin! And I also had a lucid dream this morning. A short one in which I did the skydiving task again! I shall update the task board with our points. :smile:

1 Like

I meant to start posting some of my missing task-dreams sooner. But then there was a new puppy! :dog:

This one from March I would like to claim Earthbending and 3 mins of lucidity.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/17?u=surrealistic

(I find it hard to judge “lucidity” length. From a couple of other posts in the forum, I guess its a frequent “low-level” or “semi-lucid” type lucidity, in which I know it is a dream, and have control, but forget tasks? I need to work out how to activate my task-memory more frequently in dreams :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Surrealistic , no worries about the posting delay. Just get to it when you can. :slightly_smiling_face: And the lengths are just meant to be best guesses on your part. Time can be weird in lucid dreams, so just do your best to guess what you think it felt like and we can go with that. I’ll update the task board with your dream…

… and one of my own! I was briefly lucid this morning, for less than two minutes.

2021-09-10T05:00:00Z: Open a Portal

Objective: Use magic to open a portal and step on through.

For this task, you’ll need to draw upon any arcane or mystic arts you can think of in order to open a portal… to anywhere! This portal can take whatever form you’d like, from as complicated as a ritual circle with intricate chalk lines to as simple as a gash you opened in the air right in front of you. As long as it leads somewhere new and you can step on through, it’ll count! So go cast some spells or do some rituals and go somewhere!

1 Like

Ahhh, here I am, back after my unannounced break with a really long LD ahhh.

So happy to see everyone on the task list and I’m looking forward to going through and reading everyone’s LDs and hopefully jumping back into some activity here.

I spent some time reading and reviewing my dream journal (10 years worth of content) for a personal project and going through it somewhat exhausted me. I took a little break from my journal (including recording current dreams) and wow my recall fell off quick. But hopefully I’ll get back on it now; I think I’ve adjusted to a new WL schedule and hopefully I’ll have the energy to keep ontop of my journal and build my recall back up.

2 Likes

Welcome back, @Splash! I look forward to reading your dreams again. Also…
Screenshot from 2021-09-15 18-43-40
:heart:

Anywho, I’ll get your dream added to the task board… and also add my own medium-long LD! No tasks for me, but, still… two nice sized lucids this morning. Yay!

2 Likes

It seems you’re very strict with yourself and not count that single pepperoni as a successful pizza task :joy:

Yea… I want to actually bite a slice… not just pull off a single pepperoni… maybe next time. :wink:

A short lucid for me today… It might have been medium-short, but I can’t really say for sure… and I think it errs more towards short so… yea… No tasks, though.

Another lucid for me: this one medium-short. Still no tasks… but being lucid more often again is comforting. :slightly_smiling_face: