Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

@Marvin , it was kinda like a Minecraft sun and moon… but I don’t really count it as I wasn’t in the world so much as observing some weird representation of it… Thanks for keeping an eye out, though!

As for today, another lucid! This one was about medium… maybe medium-long, but I’m gonna count it as a medium since it felt more on the shorter side.

For reference, the task board can be found here.

1 Like

I got lucid purely through Annoyance this morning :lol: One point for lucid length please.

1 Like

Logging your point, @Marvin! And I also had a lucid dream this morning. A short one in which I did the skydiving task again! I shall update the task board with our points. :smile:

1 Like

I meant to start posting some of my missing task-dreams sooner. But then there was a new puppy! :dog:

This one from March I would like to claim Earthbending and 3 mins of lucidity.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/17?u=surrealistic

(I find it hard to judge “lucidity” length. From a couple of other posts in the forum, I guess its a frequent “low-level” or “semi-lucid” type lucidity, in which I know it is a dream, and have control, but forget tasks? I need to work out how to activate my task-memory more frequently in dreams :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Surrealistic , no worries about the posting delay. Just get to it when you can. :slightly_smiling_face: And the lengths are just meant to be best guesses on your part. Time can be weird in lucid dreams, so just do your best to guess what you think it felt like and we can go with that. I’ll update the task board with your dream…

… and one of my own! I was briefly lucid this morning, for less than two minutes.

2021-09-10T05:00:00Z: Open a Portal

Objective: Use magic to open a portal and step on through.

For this task, you’ll need to draw upon any arcane or mystic arts you can think of in order to open a portal… to anywhere! This portal can take whatever form you’d like, from as complicated as a ritual circle with intricate chalk lines to as simple as a gash you opened in the air right in front of you. As long as it leads somewhere new and you can step on through, it’ll count! So go cast some spells or do some rituals and go somewhere!

1 Like

Ahhh, here I am, back after my unannounced break with a really long LD ahhh.

So happy to see everyone on the task list and I’m looking forward to going through and reading everyone’s LDs and hopefully jumping back into some activity here.

I spent some time reading and reviewing my dream journal (10 years worth of content) for a personal project and going through it somewhat exhausted me. I took a little break from my journal (including recording current dreams) and wow my recall fell off quick. But hopefully I’ll get back on it now; I think I’ve adjusted to a new WL schedule and hopefully I’ll have the energy to keep ontop of my journal and build my recall back up.

2 Likes

Welcome back, @Splash! I look forward to reading your dreams again. Also…
Screenshot from 2021-09-15 18-43-40
:heart:

Anywho, I’ll get your dream added to the task board… and also add my own medium-long LD! No tasks for me, but, still… two nice sized lucids this morning. Yay!

2 Likes

It seems you’re very strict with yourself and not count that single pepperoni as a successful pizza task :joy:

Yea… I want to actually bite a slice… not just pull off a single pepperoni… maybe next time. :wink:

A short lucid for me today… It might have been medium-short, but I can’t really say for sure… and I think it errs more towards short so… yea… No tasks, though.

Another lucid for me: this one medium-short. Still no tasks… but being lucid more often again is comforting. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also had a lucid dream. Too bad I was doing Too Much Searching to actually complete a task. Lucidity was about 3 minutes, so I’d like 2 points please :content:

Short LD last night.

I have logged both your points, @Marvin and @JohnnyReklaw.

2021-09-24T05:00:00Z: Firebending

Objective: Do a little Firebending.

Here we go with another Avatar task! This time it’s time to take up Firebending! Summon forth flames as you dance gracefully among them. Take down countless foes as you hunt for the Avatar to regain your honor! … or… maybe just use the gift of firebending to make a nice cup of tea and play a game of Pai Sho with your favorite uncle? As long as you conjure fire and manipulate it it’ll count! Do note that this does not include any specialized firebending techniques (like lightning or combustion bending).

I did some firebending yesterday because it just felt like a good opportunity to do so, because my RC led me to it in the dream where I stepped Back Into The Light.

The dream length I think is worth 2 points. Plus 5 points for my first time firebending makes it a total of 7 points ^^

2 Likes

Congratulations, @Marvin ! First task claim in a while, and for the most recent task! Yay! I’ll log your dream on the taskboard along with your bright and shiny new checkmark.

Additionally, I had a couple of LDs this morning myself. I think the longest one of them was maybe medium in length so I shall claim that. Just lucid points, though… still no task… I just can’t seem to recall the task I want to do when going to sleep… I’ll get it eventually.

Well, which task do you want to do actually? ;p Are you putting dedicated effort into making plans and setting intent or did you figure that you’re just going to do with whatever seems opportune in the dream right on the spot? I think it’s quite nice that more on more tasks are becoming available. That way there will be many opportunities to incorporate a task on a whim in any given dream situation.

1 Like

How are you measuring the time during these lucid task quests?

1 Like