Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

A short lucid for me today… It might have been medium-short, but I can’t really say for sure… and I think it errs more towards short so… yea… No tasks, though.

For reference, the task board can be found here.

Another lucid for me: this one medium-short. Still no tasks… but being lucid more often again is comforting. :slightly_smiling_face:

I also had a lucid dream. Too bad I was doing Too Much Searching to actually complete a task. Lucidity was about 3 minutes, so I’d like 2 points please :content:

Short LD last night.

I have logged both your points, @Marvin and @JohnnyReklaw.

2021-09-24T05:00:00Z: Firebending

Objective: Do a little Firebending.

Here we go with another Avatar task! This time it’s time to take up Firebending! Summon forth flames as you dance gracefully among them. Take down countless foes as you hunt for the Avatar to regain your honor! … or… maybe just use the gift of firebending to make a nice cup of tea and play a game of Pai Sho with your favorite uncle? As long as you conjure fire and manipulate it it’ll count! Do note that this does not include any specialized firebending techniques (like lightning or combustion bending).

I did some firebending yesterday because it just felt like a good opportunity to do so, because my RC led me to it in the dream where I stepped Back Into The Light.

The dream length I think is worth 2 points. Plus 5 points for my first time firebending makes it a total of 7 points ^^

2 Likes

Congratulations, @Marvin ! First task claim in a while, and for the most recent task! Yay! I’ll log your dream on the taskboard along with your bright and shiny new checkmark.

Additionally, I had a couple of LDs this morning myself. I think the longest one of them was maybe medium in length so I shall claim that. Just lucid points, though… still no task… I just can’t seem to recall the task I want to do when going to sleep… I’ll get it eventually.

Well, which task do you want to do actually? ;p Are you putting dedicated effort into making plans and setting intent or did you figure that you’re just going to do with whatever seems opportune in the dream right on the spot? I think it’s quite nice that more on more tasks are becoming available. That way there will be many opportunities to incorporate a task on a whim in any given dream situation.

1 Like

How are you measuring the time during these lucid task quests?

1 Like

@Marvin: I want to open a portal and go to Equestria so I can be a pony in an Animated World. I’ve done it several times before, once in a non-lucid and once in a lucid, I think… so doing that again seems like fun. :stuck_out_tongue: Problem is… I have trouble remembering that there’s things I want to do in dreams. I usually mantra something like “I will be lucid and I will ____” in order to try to MILD… but until this morning’s lucid, I usually forget that there’s something I wanna do. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Iluminada: subjectively. It’s up to the dreamer to estimate about how long they feel like they were in the dream. I usually run through the events / scenes and try to guess how many seconds I feel like I spent in that one moment. I make distinctions for things like time jumps so even though it might “feel” like a lot of time went by, if I know it was a jump and it was just suddenly “later” I count that as pretty much being instantaneous. For example, this morning’s dreams were somewhere between six and nine minutes each. They were long.

Speaking of… I had two incredibly long and detailed lucid dreams this morning! I’m gonna go ahead and claim my first “Long Lucid” of the task as if any of my lucids would match it, it’d be one of the ones I had this morning. They just felt like they kept going on and on and on… oh… and I did the skydiving task again! So another checkmark for me! I almost have a row closed out now! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Cornelia_Xaos haha love the lucifer themed dreams. I have been saving the latest series for a good binge soon!! :happy:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/18?u=surrealistic
I was going to say its a long post, but after your recent ones, not that long really haha! There are some others that I was going to post that I’ve decided to exclude which were me attempting some of the tasks and failing (shapeshifting is hard??)
Anyway, one ~1min skydiving, one ~4min ceiling walking, one ~3min off world.

(And yes, I have been reading and watching the expanse series. Some very similar plot elements and places!)

1 Like

@Surrealistic , will get your lucid points and task points logged! And yea! I binged the ending of Lucifer recently. I recommend doing so. :slightly_smiling_face: (Also… you should try going splat sometime when doing the skydiving… it’s really the best. :stuck_out_tongue: )

And a short LD for me this morning. No tasks for me as I was too caught up in finding my locker and getting inside it for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

/me high-fives

I also had a lucid dream this morning where I did some spontaneous skydiving Under Darken Skies again :joy: This seems to be the most popular task so far.
For the length, uhm, it is about 2 minutes really, so a little hard to judge. I will go with 2 points however. Thanks.

1 Like

Superbly well done, @Marvin. Perfect execution of the Skydiving task. If this was the LC, I’d give you a bonus point for that. :stuck_out_tongue: Also you’ve tied me now for skydiving… clearly, I need to abandon my other goal and do that as I was hoping to be the first to “clear” a task. :stuck_out_tongue: I shall update your points immediately. :slightly_smiling_face:

Funnily enough… if I were lucid this morning I could have claimed the rewind time task… unfortunately I was just falsely lucid… but maybe I’ve found another task for the “Danger” category? :eyes: Anywho…

1 Like

I’d like to claim 1 point for this sad excuse of a short Lucid Dream.

2021-10-08T05:00:00Z: Explore a River

Objective: Explore the flowing environ of a river!

For this task, you’ll need to travel, however you’d like, to a river… and maybe you’ll use that river to travel some more? As soon as you find one, go for a swim beneath its surface; ride a raft downstream and see where you end up; or even play along the banks, looking for local wildlife or perhaps relaxing while fishing. Maybe you’ll pull up a giant catfish! Maybe it’ll steal your wedding ring you decided to use as bait… No matter what, be sure to relax and enjoy the sound of flowing water!

@JohnnyReklaw, I shall log your point… it is a point, though. Every lucid dream matters!

As for myself, I had a spontaneous medium-short lucid this morning… I almost did a task… but got too caught up in the plot to do one… though I did recall I wanted to do them so that’s sort of a win.

I had a medium-short lucid this morning. I sort of explored a Volcano? I’m a bit on the fence if it should count as it was only briefly a full-sized fiery mountain… My flying around it kinda caused it to go all perspective wonky on me… and end up like a model. That was annoying… I don’t think I’ll count it since I’m so on the fence.