Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

Congratulations, @Marvin and @Surrealistic ! I shall log your points immediately… and I will also make note of “Dream Horticulture” as a task… not sure what category to put it under… Time doesn’t make the most sense to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

For reference, the task board can be found here.

:raising_hand_man:
I have a question. The LTLT will continue next year, I mean that’s the point of the Long Term part in it, right? The amount of tasks you have stored up in the backlog certainly permit it.

Then do you plan to reset the board? I think having year-long periods for intermediate results is a good thing because it makes joining for newcomers easier. And then keep a second eternal board that tracks progress from the very start. Or only the eternal board? What are your plans?

2 Likes

@Marvin , yes! The LTLT will hopefully continue indefinitely… so please supply any task ideas you might have! I want to build up a huge backlog of everything and anything that might be fun… even if it’s mundane… like having ice cream or cake! (The food category exists for a reason. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I was considering having yearly “sub-boards” with a total score at the top. I don’t plan to have multiple pages… that would be too difficult to manage… especially since past tasks can still count… I have been making the “checkmarks” as links to dream journal entries, so you can easily find when you did tasks…

The most I was going to do was maybe have a divider with a subscore for a year at appropriate points… but that would also complicate things… Or… well… I’d have to “reprogram” the scoreboard. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s currently set up to where it’s very easy to add new tasks… provided there’s no “grouping” for those beyond “here’s lucid points and here’s task points”.

Early on, I had considered “sub pages” for each participant with more details that would be reflected on the main page… but that seems quite… difficult… to accomplish. The most I might do is have “hidden” values… where the number of lucids you have might be saved “per year”… I.e. the function will be something like =5+0 where the first number is 2021, the second number is 2022… etc.

I’m not super sure what I’ll do yet… I don’t want it to be too complicated… even if we don’t have a ton of activity right now… a spreadsheet isn’t the best way to track this data past a certain point. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I should commission @Mew151 to make a dedicated website similar to what she did with @Tggtt for one of their LCs. Something where more detailed stats could be stored over time. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will say this, and give some heads up since you asked, the frequency of tasks will probably drop to one new task per month, released on the 1st. This is mainly because we have so many tasks now, with less than half of them actually having one completion by anyone. I feel like the slower pace might be nicer (though I intend to keep the every two weeks up until the end of the year). If that doesn’t sound like a good idea (to anyone here!) let me know. Otherwise, don’t expect a task on December 31st… it’ll come on the 1st of 2022. :slight_smile:

(Did that cover anything? If I missed anything, please mention it!)

EDIT / PS: If I didn’t have so much going on, I’d probably try and make a nice, dedicated website for it over the break… alas… too many things. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t think it had to be very complicated or automated. Just a snapshot of the tally at the end of the year would be fine. I thought of another advantage to do yearly scores. You can also see your personal long term performance developing by comparing year by year.

Releasing new tasks on a monthly frequency is totally fine by me. I don’t think I’ll run out of things to do in lucid dreams :laughing:

I was thinking of “Read a book“ kind of tasks the other day. The idea came when I thought about the concept of the gardening task. The essence of those tasks is to perform some action and see what the result is like, because anything is possible. Maybe that is its own task category? Overlaps pretty strongly with the portal category or things like “look into the mirror“.

1 Like

Hmm… yea… I suppose I could add a “Snapshots” tab… where I list your total score at the end of each year (lucid counts and task completions)… I dunno… though… would the results be cumulative? Or would each year just be “number this year”? I’m sure I could figure something out.

2021-11-19T06:00:00Z: Lava Bath

Objective: Take a swim in some very, very hot rock.

Here we go with another “Danger!” task! For this one, you’ll need to step into, wade around, and maybe swim in some molten rock. To be clear, any molten rock will count, whether it’s natural or man-made. (Think a big crucible of molten metal.) As long as it’s absurdly hot and you dip yourself in, it’ll count. (This isn’t to say, you have to be unprotected… maybe you’re wearing a suit or something… but I choose to just dive right in. :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I had two short lucid dreams this morning, Accelerate! and 你骗我!. The first one was about a minute maybe and the second one borders on two minutes. I have 1 point for length for that. And in the second dream I had pizza!

During and after the dream I also imagined some new task ideas. Feel free to take any of them over to the backlog if they appeal to you:

• Take an elevator somewhere (part of the “random outcome” category I talked about last time)
  • Ride a motor bike (“Danger” maybe?)
  • Revisit a place from another dream (“Dreamscape”)
  • Shrink/grow yourself ("Shapeshifting)
  • Visit a giant’s/tiny world (“Dreamscape”)
  • Eat pastry! (“Food”)
  • Speak in dialoect (“DC interaction”?)

There were some more interesting ones but I forgot :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats, @Marvin! I’ll log your points immediately… and I’ll add most all of those tasks to the backlog! Congrats on the second slice of pizza! :pizza:

1 Like

Medium Dream and a Skydive

2 Likes

Good job, @JohnnyReklaw! I’ll log your points immediately!

Had a long lucid dream in which I did the instrument task again, although I kind of bailed on the animated world task and I’m also not too proud of what happened :disappointed:

1 Like

Aww… :hugs: I’ll log your points right away, @Splash .

1 Like

I had a short lucid, yesterday… not the best one in a while… but the first in over a week… so that was nice. Hopefully I can pick things up again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another short lucid from me. While I’m glad to be lucid again after the week without them, I would like to have some longer ones and maybe do a task or two. Still… even these short moments are nice and somewhat satisfying.

2 Likes

Yet another short lucid. It might have been medium-short… will just go with short since I think it might have been just shy of two minutes. I managed to do the Firebending task… not super satisfied with it… but it’s a start! Gonna give it another shot the next time I can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yet another short lucid. But this time I did a task! Well… I started doing the task while not lucid, but it made me lucid! I then continued to be in the “Rewind Time” state for a bit before I set things moving forward again. Sadly, my memory isn’t great or I woke up shortly after… but still… I’m counting this one as I was “rewinding time” when I became lucid and afterwards! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

2021-12-03T06:00:00Z: Space Station

Objective: Go to SPACE and interact on / with a space station!

For this task, you will once again return to vacuum of space… but not for long! Find yourself a space station to dock to or just fly around. If you do get on board, though, take a tour of the facilities. What’s the purpose of the station? How do the crew live? Is it industrial? Academic? Is a small station or one big enough to surround a star? Be sure to make a “log” of what you find for us to read!

Oh, and another short lucid for me! And I did the Firebending task again! Though I won’t claim it for such mediocre demonstrations in the future… simple bending is now too easy… and I want to fight some people or something with swooshes of fire coming from all limbs and whatnot! So… yea… looking forward to the next time I try this!

1 Like

Had another off world dream, this time a Star Wars theme, a few weeks ago now. Probably about 6-7 mins long, it felt much longer in dream, like an hour or so between the camp and the end.
The second dream is for the finding a crayon thing which is not this game!

https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/23?u=surrealistic

1 Like

Congrats, @Surrealistic . I’ll put you down for a Medium-Long Lucid and log your task completion. :slightly_smiling_face: