Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

I forgot to claim this medium-short lucid from the other night, although most the lucid part wasn’t shared :sweat_smile:

For reference, the task board can be found here.

A den about party Excesses turned into a short lucid of a little over a minute. No tasks sadly. I haven’t rehearsed my plans for lucidity very intently lately and it’s starting to show.

1 Like

Also had a lucid! Probably about medium in length, did the instrument task again. Surprised it seems to be the row I’m filling up, actually. This was a rare middle of the night lucid for me; often my lucid dreams are the last one of the night but I woke up with time for another sleep cycle after this one.

1 Like

Congrats, @Splash and @Marvin on the lucids and tasks. Sorry, I’ve been away a bit… I’ve been a bit on holiday. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have a couple of lucids to report from the past week. Neither of them were really long, and while the second one might have made it to medium-short I’ll just consider them both to be short LDs.

1 Like

Had an LD this morning, certainly the Last Lucid Of The Year thanks to its timing. It was over two minutes but I’m not so sure on the 4 minutes threshold so 2 points for length will be enough. A little unplanned I went through space and saw many things. I distinctly remember two stars, so I want to claim the Star Environment task please!

2 Likes

Logged your points, @Marvin. I hope our space dream was fun! Now, onto LTLT main things…

A day late, but here’s the continuation of the LTLT into the new year! (Sorry… celebrations got a bit out of hand yesterday and I missed posting the update. :stuck_out_tongue: ) Additionally, I’ll be creating a “Snapshot” page for the LTLT that will include yearly stats as well as links (hopefully) to cached changes for the current state of the LTLT at the end of the year.

2022-01-02T00:00:00Z: Ride an Elevator!

For this task, your goal will be to get in an elevator and press a button. Give the thing a ride. Does it go up? Go down? Simply bob in place while singing your name? Maybe it’ll burst out the ceiling and fly across the city, giving you an amazing view. Maybe it’ll open up onto something unexpected… you’ll have to give it a ride and see where your imagination leads you!

3 Likes

Thank you for hosting the LTLT all throughout 2021! And thank you for spending your time and effort to keep going in this year! Have a cookie, @Cornelia_Xaos :cookiemon:

Nice to see the elevator task already made it on the list haha. I have another one that I hope will be there soon, and that is to eat pasty :grah: haha

I had a very ND+LD combo dream this morning which featured my (fortunately not real) Perv Daddy and Memory Abberrations. That is 5 points for length but 0 for tasks :dingy:

2 Likes

@Marvin: Yum. :cookie:

And I’m super glad to be hosting. It’s lots of fun to come up with tasks and whatnot… but I do think it’ll benefit from pulling things back a bit to once a month instead of once every two weeks. We’ve got plenty of tasks currently to do!

I’ll log your points for the LD. (That’s just the length of the lucid part, right? :stuck_out_tongue: ) Congrats on beating me to the first point claim of the year. Here… have a cookie… (No, it’s not just the one you just handed me. :stuck_out_tongue: ) :cookie:

I had a medium-short lucid this morning. Didn’t do much… but the non-lucid bit at the end made me laugh a lot when I woke up.

2 Likes

I totally agree with the monthly frequency. :+1: I think this sets a perfect pace for the task list for this year.

I had a long dream in which lucidity build up continuously rather than jumping at me suddenly, which it normally does. I went With The Throng to escape undetected from a facility I failed to infiltrate, which was fun. And then I had a FA/FLD/daydream delirium about revisiting the dream, which was super fun. Anyway, long story short, 1 point for length and no tasks.

2 Likes

Will log your point. :slight_smile:

I also had a lucid dream this morning… And I accidentally a task. :stuck_out_tongue: I ended up exploring, for about a minute or so, a swamp. The dream was only medium-short, verging on medium, but not quite there, I think. Still some points!

2 Likes

Monthly is great, there are already so many tasks to choose between! Oh I really want to do that one, but I should try and remember that other one, oh and that one also sounds fun… :sweat:

I explored a star and partially constructed dyson sphere: https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/24?u=surrealistic I guess a medium length of 5 minutes in total.

3 Likes

Interesting dream, @Surrealistic … Dyson Spheres are really cool! I’ll log your points! (And don’t worry… the tasks won’t be going away anytime soon. :slight_smile: )

Medium short lucid moment for me! I did the mirror task again, and actually seeing the mirror and thinking about the task list prompted me to lucidity :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I spent An Average Day In Dreamland last night which ended up in brief lucidity. Sadly no time to attempt a task, but still 1 point for lucidity.

Actually I had 3 dreams where the title fits perfectly: All very long and very dream-y plotwise.

When recalling dream memory this morning I also remember a dream from the night before. I think I had a decently long lucid dream in one of the first sleeping phases of that night. But I don’t really remember much beyond that it was quite long and lucidity was not super high. So I cannot claim anything for that.

1 Like

Was expecting mirrors and mirror task after watching Matrix Resurrection but instead a very very long dream with lots and lots of water. I’d like to claim the exploring a river task again and for length, well, probably the max length you can claim? Sleep tracker reports 20 minutes. :shrug: Throughout the whole, I was aware of everything being a dream, not being in my real body, the thoughts and anxieties of the person I was in and my own thoughts too. https://community.ld4all.com/t/surrealistic-dreams/75585/25?u=surrealistic

Due to length the write up is mostly just summarising, the task is in paragraph 4 if you’re skim reading.

1 Like

Congrats, @Splash, @Marvin, and @Surrealistic on your dreams! (Sorry I didn’t respond earlier… low recall and I wasn’t getting forum notification email notifications. :stuck_out_tongue: ) I’ll log all your points. :grinning:

@Surrealistic: the way I do lengths is for “perceived experiences subtracting time jump FMs”. So, if it feels like I spent three minutes doing whatever in the dream that’s what I count. If I have a time jump that comes with a bunch of FMs that make it “feel” like a lot of time has gone by I usually don’t count those. (I can usually tell when a time jump occurs to be able to avoid counting that time.)

I also have a short lucid dream to report. No tasks… but lucidity is lucidity.

Another lucid for me. Both of the lucids I had this morning weren’t really long… I’ll only claim a short LD then. No tasks…

Though I wonder if some more shapeshifting tasks are in order? What do people think about shapeshifting tasks in to animals? Should there be separate tasks for things like dogs / cats? Or would “Quadruped” work best? More tasks is nice… but at some point there’s repetition and not a lot of coverage. :wink:

Another lucid for me. A bit slow to post. No tasks and it’s just a short one… but still. It’s something!

All That I Want(ed) was a hot bath in a short lucid this morning. 1 point for length please ^.^
Wasn’t doing much induction or awareness practice lately so I don’t attain lucidity very much lately. I am slowly changing that now. Having a few consecutive holidays thanks to Chinese New Year is a good place to start.

2 Likes

2022-02-01T06:00:00Z: Aliens

Objective: Interact with an extraterrestrial dream character!

Time for another space task… and this one you can even do on solid ground! For this task, you just need to interact with aliens of some kind. Whether it’s cycling across the sky with an ET in your basket, fighting off xenomorphs, or eluding a predator lurking in the jungles as you try to survive, as long as they’re clearly not from “earth”, you’ll have this task in the bag… Just make sure you do your best in any First Contact scenarios you find yourself!

1 Like