Lord of the Rings

Sorry if there’s already a topic on LotR up… I searched for one and didn’t find anything.

So… Apparently the Return of the King trailer has just started to run yesterday in the US. It’s running before the movie “Secondhand Lions”. I heard it’s running before “Once Upon a Time in Mexico”, “The Italian Job”, and “Calendar Girls” in the UK.

I haven’t seen it yet, but they’re putting it up on https://www.lordoftherings.net this Monday.

So, any other LotR fans here? I know there’s a few at least!! :grin:

/ds

Oh, we’re here all right! :happy:

As of this post, just: 80 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes until ROTK!
(clockdown.com)

:happy: Hi Daysong mm yes i am a Lord of the ring fan to like you :wink:

Here it comes out in december i think…
Your fam got them on dvd?

Greetz,
Jeff

I have FotR on DVD and TTT. However, I don’t have the extended edition of FotR :sad: I’ll get the extended edition of TTT when it comes out though :grin:

Yep, RotK is coming out in December for us too. I’m wondering what parts they’re going to change… I know they’re taking out the scouring of the Shire :neutral: And I bet we’re in for some other plot changes too… like in TTT with the Faramir part. Too bad they changed that… :bored:

/ds

The ROTK trailer is already available. The full clip was already aired on TV in Asia and some guy has put it on the net. It’s not the best quality but it looks awesome :happy: Unfortunately we don’t get anything to see from the last 45 minutes of the movie…
Here are two links. I hope they still work:

img-nex.theonering.net/movies/ROTK_Trailer.mpg

ftp.valinor.com.br/ROTK_Trailer.mpeg

PS. Anyone knows the length of the movie?? There are rumours that the film would be at least 3.5hrs long, perhaps 4. Some have even mentioned a 5 hour extended edition!

Thats awesome Mystic, thanks for the link :content: I cant wait :bored:

Yeah, thanks for the link :grin: The trailer is great… Heehee… bounces around

Ahh… I can’t wait!!

/ds

Come on guys lets hop in to a timemachine and lets c it already lol :grin:

Jeff

You’re welcome :happy:

Im a big fan too, but i read the books (including the silmarillion) only twice yet :tongue:

Another fan here! Can’t wait for it to come out, I’m getting excited already. I’ve seen a trailer on the TTT DVD, it looks amazing!

Big fan over here. Only two more months now before the extended TTT, and then another month before ROTK. I can’t wait (but I guess I just have to).

Count me in too.Thats one of my favourite movies ever.Ive allways wanted to live such life,hopefully in my after death experience i will:)
take care:)

The official site has released the trailer (high quality!) ROTK link.

It is absolutely amazing. There’s more emotion and beauty in those few minutes than most movies hope to achieve in 2 hrs. :happy:

I absolutely agree :content:

Wow, the high quality one is a lot… clearer… than the other. :grin:

/ds

Iam planning to play a Lord of the ring adventure in some of my lds :smile:
would be fun if we all could join in such a dream and have a collective shared adventure lol…
Also fun if all fans and dreamers of this forum of LOTR could see the movie together! But well thats just a dream :grin:

Jeff

Heheh great idea Jeff, where do i sign up? Oh and what kind of story will we invent? Some nasty evil dude with rings to defeat? LOL

I’m like, counting the days till its release. I could’ve gone to see it during a school trip, but I didn’t take the class that will be going. Bummer.
Anywhoo, someone said they read the Silmarillion. Thats the next one I want to read. How was it?

I have read The Silmarillion; it is unbelievable. It is beautiful and sad and glorious and joyous… it contains so much emotion - a must-read for any LotR fan.

The Silmarillion What’s that? :confused: :eh: