Lucid Dreams Dangerous?

Not true. I would be dead hundreds of times over also. Its also incredibly hard to die, as you’re given God-like powers in your dream. Invincible, immortal, etc. Its not like your mind is AWAY from your body either, and if you get hurt in the dream, you dont get hurt IRL. Thats a myth. Dont believe it.

That’s right, and could be a good (but rather weird) way of changing dreams. After your “dream death”, you can dream about Heaven, or something like that.
I remember of dying in some ND, and the dream goes on after that, but I’m dead. After a while, I don’t even remember I’m dead.

I knew a guy who used to use this site and he was a really serious lucid dreamer and one night he was found in a coma. I know this doesn’t really mean anything as he probably didn’t do anything to do with lucid dreaming that night but I just thought about it all when I read this thread… Last I heard of him he had come out of the coma but I haven’t spoken with him since but I hear he’s ok.

I had a nightmare once that my body died while dreaming but I kept on living in my dream… But the nightmare was that I wasn’t lucid… It was just like another life. Really weird

You said before it’s probably Pedro… well, this guy was really advanced LD’er; he said he was trying to “hack his brain”, inserting false memories, creating hallucinations IRL and such…
Maybe he just tried too much… you scared me… :eek: :eek: well, I hope he will show up again and explain it to us. :neutral:

Pedro apears and disapears as he pleases. I doubt he’s stopped posting because he’s in an LD related coma… (this isn’t the first time he’s dispaeared with a word).

EDIT: Pedro is from Scotland and his name is Peter Harrison. Is the person you knew LaD?

You can find quit a few advanced lucid dreamers on this site and none can share any such experience. It is doubtful that this coma was caused by lucid dreaming. You can’t draw conclusions with ½ the story. I mean it just does not sound credible that you claim to know someone who went into a coma ( passably because of lucid dreaming) then came out of it. Yet, being a lucid dreamer your self you have not contacted the person to find out what happened!

Lucid dreaming has been around for centuries yet I have not heard of any dangers associated with it. I have never had problems with it. I think that most of these stories stem from fear of the unknown. There are people who do not understand what lucid dreaming is so they speculate about it then give birth to these urban legends.

I have tried commiting suicide quite few times during lucid dreams. I have been hit by a train, jumped of a skyscraper, shot and probably more… Either nothing happens or i just wake up.

Yes, you can find many similar stories all over this site. All went through them with no ill effects on their real bodies.

I didn’t mean lucid dreaming to be as dangerous as that. I just thought about that there for the first time…

I don’t really believe in what i’m going to write myself but just a thought…

if dreaming is for organizing the information in our head…wouldn’t it be quite bad to try to recall our dreams? This way we rearrange the information the brain just organized by giving the brain more memories (of dreams) that it has to arrange. This could have a negative effect on our memory because the memories that the brain try to organize in a good way to be able to pick them up quick when we need them wasn’t placed right…or maybe the memories that the brain worked on in the dreams we recall were duplicated making it harder to find other memories… :uh:

what do you think?

I think not. :tongue:

As proposed (with rather a lot of supporting evidence, in my opinion) in Dreaming Reality, dreaming discharges (lets off) the emotions that started the dream… and that is why it’s hard to remember your dream (the emotions that caused it were discharged).

Plus people forget their dreams quickly, even if they’ve already written them down. (More evidence! :grin:)

Nah, you can’t die from dreaming.

I’ve been burned, shot, stabbed and run through with a sword several times in my dreams and I’m still able to type this!

This has been on the Urban Myth Show on MTV in which it was claimed to be false (as if that’s a credible source :tongue: ) But they actually go through quite some trouble to (dis)prove myths. In this case they went to a person who researches dreams scientifically and to a person who claims he can speak with the deceased.
The last person said he had never met a deceased person who died because of a dream and the dream scientist said it was false as well.

Personally I highly doubt you can die from dreaming.

YIKES! :panic: Now that is horrible! What if, what if, what if!.. :eek:

Well, to physicaly die from dreams is laughable to me :rofl:
But, the above quoted is something to consider :meh:

And that LDIC (Lucid Dream Initiated Coma) lol, is an idea I’ve had.

Like when I’ve been depressed: “I’m just going to get great at lucid dreaming. One day I’ll go to sleep, never awake, just live within my lucid dreams! People will wonder of my mysterious coma. It will be my secret, a disguised suicide! Ha, ha, ha!” :uptosomething:

LDing isn’t directly dangerous. If you have a lucid dream it won’t hurt you but an LD can be very dangerous depending what you do.

Um, I don’t suppose you could expand on that, could ya?

Well basically I don’t believe anyone can have physical harm to their body or their brain just by the fact that they have had a lucid dream or the fact that have a lot. It’s just dreaming in the end. I feel it is as safe normal dreaming!

But on the other hand nobody really knows everything about dreaming OR about the brain so nobody knows what can be done while lucid if someone could. There maybe are dangers that can be found using LDing but i do not think having a LD is going to be dangerous to someone.

Ah, I more or less get what yer saying. Ld’ign in itself is not dangerous, but the more radical stuff you could maybe try to do could be. Say, like, mindsight (I read your DJ shorly after my last post) :wink:?

Yeah and there might be really dangerous things that nobody knows about… But having an LD will not hurt you, that’s basically my opinion Sureal!

LDing does the opposite of hurt me anyway, puts me in a good mood! :happy:

This topic is absurd!

Listen: We can Lucid dream, we can walk, we can breath…

It is just a normal thing. No Danger.PERIOD.

Exactly. Nobody wories about having a dream… why worry about having a lucid one?