Lucid dreams... First time.

hi, my first time on these boards… on my account anyway, i usually just read other threads.
thought i’d come in and ask a few questions.

are lucids really all controlled by u? isnt this a different life???

also, last night after reading this forum til 6am (which is not normal for me, was just excited about all this lucid dream talk)
i went to bed, did what was suggested.
this is what happened:
I went to bed and relaxed and felt very comfy. i kept saying in my head i will have a lucid dream, bout 3 times, n then i started repeating this is just a dream as i was falling, but sometimes as i was fallin off to sleep i would think about somethin different and i would have to bring myself back to being fully awake to say its just a dream.

anyway, the story goes on. was in bed, and i closed my eyes again and was very relaxed, didnt feel like i was falling off to sleep really, but suddenly i felt like i couldnt move, but feeling like i could if i tried.

reading that being calm is the best way i stayed calm. breathing got heavier, and suddenly, a weird feeling in my stumach started. it felt like a really tingly feeling. i was thinking to myself omg, im going to have a obe. i started to get excited. i have a radiator in my room which makes a noise like a whooshin noise. but not quite the same as you lot describe. suddenly i hear another wooshing noise which is not my radiator.
now i read here that u feel like ur being pulled out of ur body, and i did, for about 2-3 seconds, then i felt like i was normal again and was very disapointed to being fully awake.

oh well. anyway, i would really like a lucid dream, how many do u guys have a week and was it hard for u to have ur first?

i’m really trying hard for this… i really want a LD. please help.

regards.

That was all SP and HI which means you were pretty close to a dream but just make keep doing consistent RC and WBTB makes WILD much easeir. And if I really wanted I could possibly have a LD 5-6 nights a week but I really dont have that kind of commitment (I dont do enough reality checks) so I mostly have them about 3-4 times a week. Good Luck though ! :smile:

:cheer: :boogie: :welcome: [size=200]Mr. M![/size] :boogie: :cheer:

You might want to post an introduction at the “Hi, I’m New Here” thread and say hi to everyone.

Yes, lucids are controlled by you, but you may not be lucid enough to control the whole dreamset.

You can’t consider LDs a parallel life because they are too brief for that, but you could say they’re very realistic roleplay games.

The way you see your dreams, and the LDs, is something up to you. I am here, for example, because I find dreaming in general and especially LDing increases my spitiruality and self-cousciousness. There are other people who are here because they see LDing as the nicest lifehack ever. And there are a lot of other reasons why people would be interested in LDing.

Bottomline is: it’s up to you what LDs represent in your life.

Very common. :yes:
It takes some time till you master the techniques, especially WILD—which is the technique in which you don’t lose consicousness while falling asleep and thus enter the dream fully aware that you’re dreaming.

Just keep practising and you’ll mater it for sure. :wink:

You got too excited. Very normal too :content:
If you get all excited while entering a dream, you end up waking up. Don’t be frustrated, just keep practising.

There are people who have them daily, people who have them weekly, people who LD monthly and so on. There are also people (me included) who have them naturally once in a while. You’ll have to discover which group you fit on yourself.

I would recommend that you read the main LD4All site and the “First Steps into Lucidity” forum. If you have any doubts, you can try using the chat.

Good luck and sweet dreams!

—Bruno

Id say, its all about making every part of you want to LD.

The best way being, look at the life you live as beautifully as you do in your dreams. Look around yourself, and just notice everything. Look as though you have new eyes and enjoy what you are seeing.

I have found this to be the best way to live in the dream reality. Basically the point is, if you spend your time actually noticing the beauties of life, to the point that you just do it subconsiously. Youll without a doubt, look around inside of the dream and realize “hey, this is a dream”. Especially when the ground makes a swirl, or you are on a movie set with your grandparents.

Some how, this also increases your dream recall, and even helps you remember things in the material world as well. I think its the power of your subconsious being controled for your own actual good. No more boredum and anger going through your mind all day when you use your mind to notice the beauties around you. And think of how rewarding it is to work all day, and know that when you get home you can fly to the stars. Litterally

Thanks for the replies guys… and the infomation will be used to the fullest. :happy:

If anybody else wants to reply and give me more infomation… Do so

Yep thats me :tongue:

i am now a true believer in the WBTB method, it has worked everytime for me. i just sleep 5-6 hours wake up and stay up for at least an hour, i just seem to consciously fall asleep. hell even if you have trouble sleeping, just smoke a bowl if thats your thang. i recently quit, and usually weed lessens dreams, but with this method, you just dream. the weed only helps your body to relax. trust me, all of a sudden youll be like wait a minute, wasn’t i just going to sleep, heh i must be dreaming.