Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

Yev, it’s a shame you got distracted from your RC. You were so close!

LDbc12, very good of you to try to mix Task 2 with the current task! It’s great that your portal gun worked for you, too. Take 6 creativity points for the effort, and congrats on moving back to 4th place.

Scores are updated.

For today, 3 FLDs before the latest task update. Nothing accomplished.

Koharo, graded as usual.

Scores are updated.

I had a short LD last night, where I tried to use a costume to gain power over a ship, but got distracted by my personal goal of overcoming the fear of storms and waves. The lucidity was very satisfying, but I don’t think it counts towards the challenge.

Going to type up and post now. url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-18th-book-of-dreams/38443/147 link here[/url]

@Thorn
After thinking about it, I think that it should be just a long LD. It was so close to being my longest though.

I had a short LD last night. I kept trying to summon people for the current task, but all I got was a TV character. I also jumped from a high distance, which ended up waking me up, kind of like what happens in Inception. I don’t know if those two things count for anything. Before I became lucid, I was flying/hovering around in the same area I did all of this stuff. In addition to all this, I also had a FLD earlier in the night.

Had been thinking about the PM goals and trying some incubation. It failed… But succeeded. Haha.

[spoiler]
I am on a vacation with my family. Same age, but now I am single. I get online and start chatting with my gf. Telling her that she needs to come on the vacation. I have plenty of room. She finally decides to come and she has short blonde hair and is really cute. Her name: Letaali
She was with my sisters. I talked/flirted with her for a few minutes and she told me that my sisters found her another room to stay in for free. I told her that she could stay in my room and she got all bashfull. My sisters took her to her room.[/spoiler]

Ok. So a little gender bender. I’ll probably be more accurate in a lucid. Haha.

one FLD today

haha :happy:

Siiw, since you did attempt the task despite being immediately distracted, I’ve tossed a couple of creativity points on top of the LD points. They’re not much, but it beats nothing.

HeadInTheClouds, if only the flying was done while lucid; if you did it in the context of it being one of the PMed goals, then it would’ve been easy points. :sad: Nothing else there seems to fit any tasks. Still, the LD and FLD are worth a few points, so that’s something.

BrandonBoss, that’s pretty funny. :tongue: I’ll ask you if you think that counts as meeting Letaali for the points, as I don’t want to make the judgment call; I don’t know exactly what you were incubating. Or should I be asking Letaali…?

IkranMakto, I’ve marked the FLD.

Scores are updated.

Haha. I dunno. I was just trying to incubate letaali or koharo. Wasn’t expecting a girl. :razz: I guess my mind thinks that letaali is a feminine name. I wouldn’t count it. When I met koharo, it was always similar to what I picture as koharo mixed with his profile pic. I figured I would share anyways.

[color=olive]^Heh what a twist :lol:

For today, 2 FLDs.
EDIT: Accomplished some goals in the most recent task, pulling objects from thin air/magic trick and using a weapon and it working as it/as expected should multiple times.
Recent Task Completion
Weapon goal:
-Using a sword and getting the right results
-Using a gun and getting the right results

Magic Trick Goal:

-Pulling two wii remotes from thin air behind my back
-Pulling a scarf from my sleeve or suit jacket that wasn’t there before
-Pulling a hat from my suit jacket that wasn’t there before

Events:
-Battling in The Last Story again
-Reading minds and using my annotation analysis technique
-In Vietnam with Forrest Gump
-Encountering an amusing yet dark and suspicious DC. The members of Death Clock suggested I pay him a visit to restore my musical edge.
[/color]

I had a short LD. I also flew in this dream while lucid this time :smile: .

I tried to look up at the sky, and what I saw was amazing, but it was not a starry sky, nor a sunset/sunrise :sad: .

one more FLD today

Koharo, I’m marking the FLDs, but I don’t see how any of the stuff you highlighted in your DJ fits any tasks for which you haven’t already received all of the points. You’re free to make a case for points by posting about it, of course.
EDIT: He clarified what points he was claiming.

HeadInTheClouds, you’re slowly creeping up on Koharo, as his FLDs aren’t lining up with the tasks while you can consciously take your LDs and line them up. I’m interested in seeing if Koharo will start LDing and rebound a bit, as the competition is very tight.

IkranMakto, marked as usual.

As there are no comments in the group incubation and the deadline has passed, there will be no group incubation this week.

Scores are updated.

I had an absurd number of FAs last night.

But, I finally had a (short) LD. For some reason, I thought if I tried to do any tasks, I would just wake up, so unfortunately I didn’t attempt anything. When I woke up (for real), I was thinking, I could have actually done something LC-related during the time I was lucid.

[link]

Yev, that attitude goes away with experience and forcing yourself to act against bad ideas. My dream journal has a different bad LD recurring thought that I’ve recently overcome, so hopefully you’re able to be productive next time.

Scores are updated.

The thought probably comes from some other LDs I’ve had where I get too excited, the dream destabilizes, and I wake up. So I thought the same thing would happen again, and I think it’s a good sign that I didn’t wake up right away. I just need to work on staying calm and doing whatever I’d planned on doing at the same time.

YAY! i had 2 lucid dreams (1 long, 1 short), but they were so sweet since I had been losing it about LDs and needing one. Did some personal goals (fly, 0 gravity, reverse gravity). I had done the first two before, but never switched gravity. I don’t know how fun these will be for everyone else, but they were awesome for me. I had been wanting to try zero gravity again so that I could play in the game in Ender’s Game. BTW, I did do the flying because it was Zellonous and it matched up with some of my desires, so I hoped that by doing it I would remember my other goals. :cool:

laying at the ocean, try to sleep, transition to:
I am in a book store, ah, I love book stores. I am with my mom. wait. AHA! I am dreaming. I ask my mom what she is doing.
“shopping for clothes of course” she replies. haha. >>, <<, >_>
That makes no sense. I don’t see anything around. I jump in the air and fly through the window. Trying to imagine a portal. Wake right up. GRRR…
Lay still, back to sleep and the store. I walk around the store looking for RDC or for a good book, but it seems like this is a clothes store now. Dang it. A few minutes later I wake up.
(lost lucidity, gained it back, flew, 7-8 minutes)

I look around. listen for baby. Sounds good. Back to sleep. Back to the ocean, I am laying there looking at the clouds. Oh, last time I was here I laid down and WILDed. lets try that again.
I am instantly teleported to the book store. I look around for something to do. The dream is from a nap… I am trying to change my expectation on this, but naps always seem unstable. I decide to impress mom. I tell her to look at me, she does, I look up at the ceiling and jump up to it, flying about a foot away from the ceiling upside down, dang it, not what I wanted to do. My mom looks bored and walks away. I drop down. I jump back up on the ceiling (really had to put a lot into it to get me all the way to the ceiling). My foot hits it and sticks like gravity is pulling me down. I run over to my mom to show off, she is very “meh” about it and walks away. I hadn’t done that before, so I was excited. I decide that walking on the ceiling is fun… for like 10 seconds. Time for something else. I rub my hands together and let go from the ceiling, expecting zero gravity, I need to practice for Ender’s game. I slowly drift to the floor and bounce off, I push off with my hand and head back to the ceiling. I start pushing through the aisles, but I can’t find an ending to this place. I finally decide to get out the same way I got in. I hit a bunch of clothes that seem (like everything else) to still be effected by gravity. I pull it up to my head and sleep. I teleport back to the beach, but now I get caught up with what I am doing. I sleep again and travel to an island, again, my bed, again, the store, again, I wake up.
(15 minutes, fly again)

Also, I just realized that I was at the Ocean during a sunset twice… but I didn’t look at it. :tongue: so no points from that. haha.

Koharo clarified what points he was claiming earlier, and I’ve updated his score. I also forgot to give HeadInTheClouds the task points for what he did and creativity points (for which he earn a whopping 1 for flying like usual), and that is updated as well.

BrandonBoss, this is only your second task done lucidly. I hope to see more out of you in these last two weeks. :smile:

Scores are updated.

[color=olive]For today, an FLD and an Average LD regaining lucidity once.
Tasks Complete:
-Flying(Goal from the latest task)

Dream events
-Twisted horror plot
-Escaping a lethal vampire who was breaking out of his prison (Edit: Flight goal)
-Flight to space
-Dance battle and making a move on Vanessa Hudgens (Heh my themes are beginning to change a bit :cool: )[/color]