Lucidity Challenge 44—Winner: drd

Two lucid dreams to kick off the challenge…

One short with both Power team tasks done, used psychokinesis/telekinesis to beat up some gangsters and I also managed to breathe fire.

The second LD was by far my longest ever. I swam but not underwater, also I attempted my personal goal multiple times but failed.

Additionally, in case these are other hidden tasks, I drove a 4x4 around pulling skids in a muddy flooded field. I also flew.

Had 2 medium length lds last night seperated by wbtb. I used pk to move some objects, breathed fire, started something on fire, then inhaled the fire to give myself the ability to spit fireballs. I think I was at the academy, but I do not want points for my personal goal. I made money appear in my pocket, but i woke before i could give it away.

Oleg, no lore is necessary; the word is the “correct” term for moving objects with one’s mind. Remember that unless I explicitly say so, you don’t need to have knowledge of any particular game. This LC is open to everybody, not just gamers! :tongue:

I’m in a bit of a rush today, but I did update the scores and put new subtasks on the grid; I’ll put up a photo copy and a text copy as soon as I can. Congrats to obfusc8 for doing two subtasks! Nobody found any unrevealed subtasks, but everybody’s on the right track. :smile:

Alright… so I was typing up these dreams as you posted the new subtasks and saw that I completed one of the revealed subtasks. Since I had the dream last night and am posting them less than an hour after you updated the subtasks, I think it’s safe to say that the “if a subtask is revealed after you’ve done it and you previously chose not to post a dream containing it, I won’t accept it late” rule doesn’t apply?

Anyways, I swam underwater and ate food that doesn’t exist in waking life in some ND’s last night. Well, the “food not existing in waking life” part is debatable, since someone could make it in waking life, but I’m considering it based on the way it was prepared, as cheese does not work that way in reality. Also after I got the food it looked much more alien than when it was being prepared.

But yeah, points.

Image of the current revealed subtasks for those that can’t see the document.

Alrighty! First dreams of the LC… no lucids… but I did things! :happy: That being said, I know I did the Swim Underwater b[/b] and the Usurp a Leader b[/b] tasks. There’s also LOTS of space for tentative tasks…

I wasn’t aware we had to list what we thought might count, just that if we thought we did something that would count in the dream to post it. If I’m wrong, let me know and I’ll make a detailed list of things I thought might count. For now I’ll just append a size=75[/size] tag if I think there’s something in there that might count.

I Don’t Drink ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part C4 size=75̶[/size] EARLY
I Drink? ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task I Part I5 size=75̶[/size]
Mission of Grave Importance ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ size=75̶[/size]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 2
Short LDs: 0
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5
[/spoiler]

EDIT: When things don’t bear fruit, the size=75[/size] tags will be converted to size=75̶[/size] tags. If they do produce new results… I’ll come up with something. XD

Yes, Mew, it’s fine if you have the dream on the same day. I’m more concerned about people not posting things because they don’t want to aid other teams, then seeing subtasks they did and suddenly deciding they should have claimed it after all. Such a thing would trivialize the strategy behind the task.

I’ve marked Mew and Scipio’s dreams, updated the scores and task grid, and updated the text and photo copy of the grid in the task post.

Alright, after this night I think there is no need to be posting “possible subtasks” that I might have done. Anyway, here are the dreams and I did stuff like:

-Saw a massive explosion
-Warned and tried to help people
-Survived from the street collapsing and turning into a massive chasm
-Encountered two massive beasts: mechanical/ice dino and spider

Did a RC last night and didn’t become lucid. Did plenty of weird stuff in my normal dreams last night (as usual :wink: ).

Possible tasks?
-Briefly became a giant spider.
-Turned into a giant.

Overall, this entire dream felt MUCH longer when I was still dreaming it…

Anyhow, there was a LD, as well as a task, I think.

• Played Mario Kart.
  • Had someone arrested.
  • Flew about the place.
  • Went through a conveniently-placed portal.
  • I made two DCs disappear (which I see as killing them in a very fancy way)
  • A third DC saw me perform the aforementioned, and gained abilities of her own. Now, if only this was reversed…

The surprising thing was, I had myself wake up at multiple intervals, but they all seemed useless, because I only remember the initial dream… :[

No LD’s last night. Did some video gamey stuff but it was mainly just related to video games as a concept and not actually doing video game tropes in a dream.
Stuffs that I did:

• I played a racing game
  • Had some video game memorabilia, such as posters and bed sheets
  • Briefly read a video game manual

Yeah, so probably no points. Dreams are here

While I appreciate the lists of what you guys think may be it, you don’t need to post your guesses if you don’t care to. Linking a DJ entry guarantees that I’ll read your dream, and I’ll search for unrevealed subtasks as I do so. If you complete a known subtask from any of the five LC Tasks, please say so, but I understand that you can’t know facts that haven’t been revealed yet.

It’s kind of painful to see some close calls with unrevealed subtasks that don’t quite fit the conditions. Obviously, I can’t say who came close or with what actions. :tongue:

I’ve updated the scores and will update the text list and photo copy of the grid as well.

Had a long length LD. I grew wings and flew, I may have given a dc money, but I cant remember.

^ Got it. I’ve updated the scores and grid again. The first Host Subtask of the LC has been revealed; instead of cramming them all at the end as was done last time, I’ll be putting some subtasks here and there with host insertion.

OK, have some non-lucid whatnot from the last couple o’ dreams.

• Ate food that does not exist irl
  • Swam underwater
  • Found an ancient artifact that gives people cat ears
  • Shrank a DC and played with him

Also, I’m not sure if any of this could count, but…

• Saved a race of cat-people from a prison by turning the guards into cat people
  • Lit something on fire
  • Convinced a crime boss to forgive a debt
  • Was arrested and sent to prison.

^ Okay, it’s marked down and everything’s updated. All three teams are finally on the board!

Well I suppose I’ll just be safe and link my super-short DJ entry. At least until the entire board is revealed. :razz:

Unturned Crafting and Spanish ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ size=75̶[/size]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 2
Short LDs: 0
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E C4 & I5
[/spoiler]

Found a map of my dreamworld last night. We seemed to be in USA, near a large body of water, on a cape. I was showing my brother where an earthquake had started from.

^ Congrats for getting on the scoreboard! I’ve updated the scores, grid, task post, and photo of the grid.

Extremely short LD last night

I was invisible! Sadly, woke up before I could do anything cool. Rather disappointing… I’ll get you all next time! :plotting: