Lucidity Challenge 46—Winner: obfusc8!

Short LD with no tasks

Then a LD chain (I know there are no points for chaining anymore), so I’ll call that a Medium LD. I made my motorbike fly for the fly on a non-living thing task. Then I struggled with the team dream but Susan helped me transform into a raven for the week one transformation sub-task.

Here’s the link

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 4, Medium 3, Long 1

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

^ Nicely done! Am I right in thinking that was your first complete transformation? I have to admit to being envious, since right now I’m finding turning into large things somewhat easy but turning into smaller things difficult. That said, I’m not so envious that you find dogs when you look for people. :tongue:

The scores are updated.

It’s my second full body transformation but the first one in a lucid challenge, also the first one I’ve actually changed size too, so I was really happy with it. (Thanks for the help Susan!) :smile:

And I’d be surprised if the transformation team showed up as regular humans… In fact that would make me question if they were the right people! :tongue: Shame we didn’t pick a team dream setting involving dogs somehow…

P.s I think you might have forgotten to hit ‘save’…
*obfusc8 flees the wrath of thorn

^ The scores are showing up as updated when I check the link. I think you might have forgotten to hit ‘refresh’…
/me flees obfusc8 and actually uses “/me” to get this text formatting :tongue:

Well, this will seem pretty familiar. Both Team Thorn and Team Scipio completed subtasks at the exact same rate as the week before and both outpaced Team drd again, so both of them win the week again! Since drd did not include a reward in the next task, I will make one up on the spot right now! The two winning teams will each be given the option to skip over one black arrow on the Extended Task board. Each team will need to decide as a whole which to skip and can do so within its Team Dream space for Task 3. You can choose to skip one you already know to get to a subtask you can see just out of reach, or you can skip to reveal one you haven’t seen yet; it’s up to you.

Team drd: 1 subtask completion / 2 members = 0.50 subtask completions per member
Team Scipio: 5 subtask completions / 4 members = 1.25 subtask completions per member
Team Thorn: 5 subtask completions / 4 members = 1.25 subtask completions per member

Current standings:1. obfusc8 (600)

1. Mew151, Susan_Y (215)
  2. En’enra, Oleg (190)
  3. LDbc12 (155)
  4. James_UK2008 (100)
  5. Letaali (50)
  6. stari_maga (50)
  7. eMander (25)

Task 3 will be posted in just a bit!

This week’s task theme was created by drd! As usual, the hosts wrote their team subtasks, and drd wrote the generic subtask. I re-titled the task, as the task’s theme started changing throughout development, and also cleaned up some wording.

Task 3: Magic and Technology!

What’s that? There was a task with this exact title seven LCs ago? Too bad; we’re doing it again!

Perform in a magic show30 points: Have you always wanted to be a great magician? Well now you can be in your dreams! Gather some DCs, and perform a magic show. Show off your skills. Amaze them. Do any of this weeks subtasks in front of a group.

Use telekinesis30 points: Move something with your mind. ANYTHING! I usually like to use it against my enemies, throwing objects at them, or moving objects to confuse them when I am sneaking.
Create an elemental weapon40 points: One of my favorite things to do with any element using it for weapons. Specifically I like to make a lightning whip to destroy my enemies! Create any weapon using any element, or enchant a weapon. You could create a fire sword, or enchant an axe to freeze your enemies when it hits them.

Perform “technomancy”30 points: Come on… you knew this one was coming. :razz: Honestly, though, I have been wanting to try this. Magic… and science! Magical science! Think of the possibilities! You could summon defense turrets. Or maybe open a portal to the Internet. Perhaps you could try using a buff that rewrites someone’s “code” to make them stronger. To gain points for this subtask you must cast a magical spell that in someway manipulates technology. That being said you won’t gain points for things like shooting lightning at a computer. The lightning has to make the computer do something (other than short out).
Create a magical aura40 points: One of my favorite types of magic spells are AoE spells. Getting more than one target with a single spell can be useful. Whether it be a buff or a nerf (or something entirely different) for this subtask you need to create an aura spell. Specifically it has to be an aura centered on you. It can have any effect you want, but the effect must move with you as you walk around. Be sure to observe how it affects the world around you and report back on your wizardry!

Swap bodies with a DC30 points: I remember the first time I did this… I and DC-Scipio stood on two small platforms, and I lifted out of my body as a DO before moving over his body and settling in while he took my body. The awe I felt at having his voice and stature is still memorable to me. The DC needn’t be human; swapping with other living things is fine if you’re okay with a squirrel’s brain in your body. I want you to actually move into an existing shape, not to change shape, so this will not count as a transformation. You’ll have to think of a different way to combine subtasks. :tongue:
Use a potion to trigger a transformation40 points: It’s a common dream control method to assume a pill or potion is pure dream control, and potions are considered the more magical of the two. Note that while you can use it on yourself, the subtask doesn’t say you must, so feel free to torture an innocent DC or to use it on a teammate or host if you need points from those subtasks.

You’ve had a task with host subtasks, where you received 40 points for interacting with the host in a set way, and you’ve had Team Dreams, where you received 40 points for doing a team-decided subtask alone and another 40 points for doing it with a DC of a team member. Now we’ve put the ideas together! When you create the following Team Dreams, the scoring methods from last week will apply, but you’ll also earn points for doing it alongside the host. That’s 120 points for a perfect completion (60 off-team)! This is a big opportunity!

Pray to a deity and receive a power: My team needs to decide on a power to receive other than flight. We’ll meet in dream for group prayer receive the power.
Pilot a giant mech: Who likes giant robots? Well… everyone likes giant robots! We’ve had other giant robot subtasks before, but this one will be quite different! My team will need to decide on a giant robot mech – perhaps something from Power Rangers or Gundam – to pilot as a team! Specifically, they’ll need to pilot it with myself and another member from Team Scipio to earn full points! So hurry up and get your Megazord ready; we’ve got a giant robot to fly around!
Perform a dark ritual and shed your humanity: My team needs to decide on some magical or mythological creature that exudes power and strength. When we join hands, we will be performing a dark ritual to become such a creature (either three separate instances or one combined one, whichever sounds better to you) and leave those pitiful human DCs behind. Whether or not you do anything with that power in the dream is up to you.

Had an LD here this morning which at around 3-5 mins long makes it medium for me. Came really close to completing the potion task but it didn’t work out due to lack of clarity/focus. :cry:

james_uk2008: I’ve given you points for the LD. I’d like to point out, though, that if you feel that the muscle toning potion was a transformation you can claim for the Potion subtask… of course you don’t have to if you feel it wasn’t enough! :tongue:

The scores are updated!

The muscle toning really was only a small part of it so I’d rather forfeit those points. I do set the bar for myself pretty high as far as transformations are concerned so I’d rather fully or at least bare a resemblance of around 80-90% of my target form before claiming such points. :smile:

Okay… my most lucid night ever…

Short LD with no tasks
Medium LD-Nightmare with no tasks
Short LD in which I used telekinesis to open iron gates.
Long LD in which James and I did the team dream of transforming into dinosaurs, using potions as a trigger, in front of other DCs. Also contains Thorn as a girl. In a pink dress. :tongue:
*obfusc8 once again flees the wrath of Thorn.

Here’s the link

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 6, Medium 4, Long 2

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Team dream: Dinosaur transformation with James
Task 3:
Use a potion to transform. Perform magic in front of DCs. Use telekinesis.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

Non-lucid dream. in which I acquire a cool-looking technomagical item, and find myself in a tech noir film plot. No tasks completed, I think, but on theme.

obfusc8, you receive negative points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

The scores are updated.

That last dream, the long LD, was great obfusc8 :happy: I wonder what form Thorn will take in my next lucid dream. I hope I find out soon.

Nice job on the LD there Obfusc8. Think that’s the first time I’ve been transformed in someone elses LD. :smile: If it’s any consolation, Thorn appeared as a Baywatch babe in an LD of mine sometime ago and as woman of somekind in another. :happy:

Wondered if I was dreaming, no tasks ( :sad: )

Poor recall (and poor sleeping habits), but I managed to get a lucid fragment, lasted for about five minutes. Wrote about it here. I never cared much about flying in dreams, but recently that happens often.

I have to say I really like this week’s tasks, and I’m looking forward to them, since I did most of them before, both in ND and LD. I’ll try my best to make this my week. :content:

LDbc12 and En’enra, best of luck to both of you in getting more lucidity. My recall has been awful this week, so I sympathize.

The scores are updated.

That’s more than justified. Let’s just say I won’t be surprised if next time I dare to summon you, you show up as one of your larger manifestations like a dinosaur or dragon, and drop kick me into the sun. :wink:

Short lucid dream again. I went to a party in the ND part.

obfusc8, you’re more likely to see the dragon if there’s a drop kick; I was bipedal as a T. rex but was in no position to kick, what with the majority of my body not being directly above my legs. :tongue:

En’enra, those points are marked.

Let’s lock in those decisions for this week’s Team Dream Host Subtasks. Remember, you get 40 points for doing these without the group aspect, another 40 points for doing it with a member of the designing team, and yet another 40 points for doing it with the designing team’s host (with all three of those values halved if you’re doing a different team’s subtask). That’s 120 points for some tricky but awesome dreams!

Team drd was tasked with choosing a power to receive alongside a Team drd member and drd via group prayer to a deity, and it chose nothing. The subtask will remain nonactive for now, and should the team not have a decision by the end of the week, we will find another way to make the points available. Oleg is now being considered inactive for the sake of team competition.

Team Scipio was tasked with piloting a famous giant mecha with a Team Scipio member and Scipio, and they settled on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you’re unfamiliar with it, no worries, as there’s only one detail from its anime that I care about for the subtask: this thing could dwarf a galaxy. Get something of that size, and you won’t be pressed for the other details. This likely won’t be easy, but for 120 points and an incredibly awesome dream, I think that’s only a small issue. :smile:

Team Thorn was tasked with joining hands with a Team Thorn member and with Thorn (or your own hands if you skip the group aspect) to perform a dark ritual and transform into a powerful mythical creature. Desperately avoiding the usual LC standard of dragons (I am offended except not really), the team members have decided to become minotaurs. I hope you’ve brushed up on your mythology for this one.

Lastly, the winning teams from last week were given the option to skip a black arrow on the Extended Task board. Team Scipio doesn’t have a decision just yet, and can choose at its leisure later. Team Thorn decided to skip the “control a carnival ride” subtask and can access the subtask beyond it.

The scores are updated and the Extended Task board is updated.