Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

I’ve returned with the following:
-Long LD in which I failed to conjure skates thanks to an extra pair of arms I didn’t have control over apparently
-Med LD where I walked around in the snow and took part in a snowball fight while lucid
-Arrived in what appeared to be Sealab 2021 (cartoon/CGI dreamscape) in a non-lucid
-Arrived in the Smite arena as Neith becoming lucid upon arrival (Cartoon/CGI dreamscape) while lucid in a fragmented lucid

^ I’ve added those points, but one thing concerns me. One of the tasks says to dream in an animated style, but you keep calling it “cartoon/CGI”. Were those two dreams animated as the task requests or were they CGI?

The scores are updated.

My fault, I used the two terms interchangeably. The non lucid Sealab dream was cartoon like and the lucid in the game was CGI.

^ Okay, in that case, the non-lucid dream finished the task but the lucid one didn’t, so the Week 3 lucid bonus is removed and the scores are updated again.

Here are the scores at the end of Leg 2 and leading into Week 5.1. obfusc8 (1160)

1. En’enra (880)
  2. Scipio Xaos (795)
  3. Jer (535)
  4. Susan_Y (500)
  5. Eilatan (490)
  6. Mew151, drd (430)
  7. Koharo (385)
  8. Siiw (340)
  9. Lumessence (280)
  10. Letaali (210)
  11. James_UK2008 (140)
  12. Coasty (130)
  13. Zaibatsu (70)
  14. Yanshuf (60)

Looking at the Leg 2 totals, Jer is the runaway winner with 300 task/bonus points across the two weeks. obfusc8 took second with 265 points but has already won a leg, so the second Leg 2 winner is Scipio Xaos with 245 points. The winners will join previous leg winners obfusc8 and En’enra as well as the winners of Leg 3 to form one of the teams for the final week of tasks. With the top four contenders out of the way, Leg 3 is anybody’s game! My condolences to Eilatan as well, as she put up a fierce fight during Week 3 but was unable to post points during Week 4.

As nobody posted points this morning, the average scores from a few posts ago still hold. The Bike team has won Week 4 by a slim margin and will get to make a task for Week 5.

Week 5’s tasks will be posted in 13 minutes!

why am i still writing this

[spoiler]You’ve gotten used to begrudgingly following Thorn around at this point, so you don’t think twice about following him and the other LC participants into a dimly lit room. In real life, it would be dangerous. Here, it’s just par for the course.

The lot of you sit around a table with a piece of parchment bearing a grid pattern spread out atop it. Several miniatures sit on the parchment Thorn speaks up first per usual. “Okay, I’ll cut right to the chase. I’ve been trying to organize LC-themed Dungeons & Dragons for a while now and I just want to get it started. Who wants in?” obfusc8 raises his hand, to which Thorn responds, “Okay, grab a miniature.” obfusc8 reaches for one… and suddenly, a tiny obfusc8 appears in the place of the miniature with the normal obfusc8 nowhere to be seen.

“Hah! I wondered who I’d get first,” exclaims Thorn. “Everybody grab a miniature and get on the game board.” You grab one and miniaturize just as fast as obfusc8 had as the rest of the participants and Thorn join you. Thorn again speaks up. “So, Leg 1 was about getting to specific locations, Leg 2 was about breaking dream physics, and Leg 3 is about manipulating your dream self. All of this week’s tasks are designed for miniature dreamers, and… uh…”

Thorn trails off and looks behind the group. You turn around to see the usual troll sitting at what is normal size to him but colossal to you, looking down at you devilishly. Thorn’s shout of “RUN!” is unnecessary as everybody instinctively flees.[/spoiler]
Week 5: LD4small

This task will have one BIG restriction on it (there’s the pun!): you can only earn points if you are no taller than six inches (about 15 centimeters). Large environments will not count, nor will finding ways to explore a small environment at normal size; you must be tiny.

Shrink to the required size: The first time you manage it at all, you’ll get these points. 20 points

Explore a model of a location: Any toy or decoration meant to resemble a miniature version of what could feasibly be a real-life location will do. 20 points* Explore a dollhouse: 20 points

• Wander around a model city: 20 points
  • Get inside of a snow globe: 20 points
    Use a keyboard: Your fingers may be resting on one right now, effortlessly able to push down keys. Can you type a message while the size of a fingertip? That, or perhaps you could play a tune on a piano keyboard. 20 points

Use a toy racetrack: Gotta go fast relative to your size! This is a great way to earn some missing Week 4 points if you put an inversion on the track or grind a slot car’s rail. 30 points* Ride a miniature car: 20 points

• Use your hovergear on the track: 20 points
    Play a board/tabletop game: Be a living chess piece, get caught in a game of Mouse Trap, be your D&D character as the actual miniature, actually be involved in the game of Life or Chutes & Ladders… the possibilities are endless. 30 points

Wander through grass: This is the stereotypical scene for shrunken characters in fiction. Wander through what may appear to be a jungle where your lawn used to be. 30 points

Explore a small animal’s living quarters: People are creeped out enough by rodents, insects, and the like even when the size difference is massive. How will you react when you’re looking them in the eyes? Will you still assert your dominance over them? 40 points* Explore a mouse hole or rodent/bird nest: 20 points

• Explore an anthill or ant farm, spider web, beehive, or other bug’s nest: 20 points
  • Explore a small animal’s cage (hamster, lizard, etc.): 20 points
  • Swim in a fish tank: 20 points
    Interact with a much larger creature: Every hackneyed plot about shrinking has this happen at some point. Now it’s your turn! Creatures at least as big as a house cat will count for this task. 40 points* Climb the creature: 20 points
  • Interact with a normal-sized LC participant or the host: 40 points
    Ride a living thing for flight: Maybe you can fly all by yourself, but this way you can imagine you’re a noble knight riding a dragon or something… except you’re a tiny man riding a bug, a bird, a flying LC participant/host, or something else. Same difference. 40 points

See microscopic organisms, molecules, or other impossibly small things: Witness the building blocks of life or even of all existence. 40 points

Explore inside a living thing: Yes, we’re referencing Fantastic Voyage. If being in a body grosses you out, perhaps you could explore inside a plant? 40 points

Complete another task with a shrunken LC participant or a shrunken host: I’m sure other participants would love to join you for such a fantastic expedition. I know I’d be up for joining you, and any LC participant who’s not for it is just a miniature party pooper! The task must be from Week 5 and must not be simply to shrink to the required size. 50 points

Tiny tasks… On the same day that Ant-man is released (in the UK at least) :happy: This is too perfect…

Medium LD… I was really small and I was a chess piece. I also summoned Thorn’s character and did some late tasks (pull something out of hammerspace, harmlessly flatten a character). I love this week’s tasks, by the way.

Aww, if only had I posted when I woke I would have been the first one to do a task. I was tiny in a dream :razz:

I had a dream where I was smaller than Ricky Ricardo’s knee cap. Though I was tiny, I don’t count interacting with a larger creature because he was purely there for size comparison.

Then I was a miniature Lucy Ricardo, who used my miniature size to dance on top of drums, because I thought that was a task for some reason. :dingy:

The new Ant-Man film was perfect for incubating a few of this week’s tasks…

2 Short LDs (separated by WBTB) In the first one I shrink myself to the required size. There was a hoverbike, but no toy track. A giant hand grabbed me while I was tiny, so interacting with a normal sized creature/person?

In a later non-lucid fragment I was tiny, exploring an ant-hill and got attacked by the inhabitants, who were not pleased to see me. :tongue:

Last night I had an ND (that was very close to becoming a lucid) where I completed two tasks, from week 1.

• I visited an amusement park
  • I went down a waterside.
    In the dream, I was actually part of a research crew who went to the amusement park for “scientific reasons” :tongue:
    Tonight I’m looking forward to attempting some of these Ld4small tasks! They seem interesting!

Had an LD (or four), no tasks, but still very satisfied. I think this is the gateway to many more LDs in the future.

[community.ld4all.com/t/mad-kings-tales/40141/11)

En’enra, nice start to the week! You did make me have to go back and make a quick edit to the “complete a task with a shrunken LCer” task description: it should be one of the Week 5 tasks besides simply shrinking. I wanted something done that was dependent on being shrunken. While I didn’t award those points right now, I openly admit that I didn’t have that comment in the task description when you did the dream, so you can feel free to tell me to award you those points anyway for my own negligence.

Eilatan, way to make up for not getting any points last week!

obfusc8, yes, I did make the LD4small week start at the same time as Ant-Man deliberately. I pulled this stunt on the opposite scale last year with the latest Godzilla movie. :smile:

Coasty, you didn’t give me a length for those LDs, so I’m going to assume medium-length unless you tell me otherwise.

The scores are updated. I’m happy to see everybody’s enjoying the tasks!

No need, I didn’t want to claim those points anyway, I guessed that it would count only for this week’s tasks. :smile:

I walked on snow in a non-lucid dream. I’ll try to find time to update my DJ soon.

^ Noted and scored.

Had another ND involving Week four tasks. I sped down a freeway and jumped from a ramp again, but I already got points for those. However this time when I jumped I just went straight up and broke all physics xD . I went over a couple houses which were definitely over twice my height. I came crashing down and I “blacked out”. Then I was in my neighbor’s garage who said I had a nasty fall. He said I should be more careful. So then after that, I went back on the road and skitched on the back of his car.
I am claiming the following tasks:

• Jump something twice your height.
  • Skitch.

^ Got it. I like the contrast in “He said I should be careful, so I skitched his car.” :tongue: The scores are updated.

So, the Bike team’s allotted time for designing a task is up, and… no decision was really reached. Two people pitched ideas and there was zero overlap between them, so there was no majority decision. One person pitched ideas and designed them around earning “extra” points, which was not an option, so I’ve picked one of the other ideas at random.

Explore inside a living thing: Yes, we’re referencing Fantastic Voyage. If being in a body grosses you out, perhaps you could explore inside a plant? 40 points

Short lucid dream last night. No tasks done. Phased through a machine, which I enjoyed somewhat.

Letaali, as long as you enjoyed it. Best of luck hosting the NDC as well.

The scores are updated.