Lucidity Challenge 53 - winner GenghisKhan!

Ok, back up to date.

@Koal44 - Hmmm hiding from Jack the Ripper… that sounds perfect for the Horror theme, but I don’t see a ‘Crime’ involved, unless you saw him murder someone? Ideally you need to witness or carry out an illegal activity, or hang out with mobsters and criminals. Perhaps you could take something without someone’s permission… (I’ve been known to nick a few motorbikes in lucid dreams, so something along those lines would be great. :smile:)

@Thorn - Points granted for using a mech suit.

@Genghis - Woah! For a dude that hasn’t seen or read any Harry Potter you sure nailed those tasks! And yes, you are supposed to get the DC to suck the candy not your… nevermind… Emma Watson, understand completely… :wink:

@Pedro - Good work on those side tasks, you’re on to Superhero, so go do something heroic tonight!

Scores are updated

So… I got a lot to go through today. :happy:

I had TWO lucid dreams! A short and medium… Also did a bunch of tasks! I’m gonna claim a couple of the castle tasks. It was built into the mountain so I did end up in underground bits!

Also… would seeing a Wizard-of-Oz-esque witch count as seeing a mythical creature? I notice you have Elf on the list and they’re usually classed as humanoids instead of mythical creatures.

There’s one scene during the non-lucid portion of that first dream that’s… ridiculous… but maybe it’ll count? I was using a mech suit… but it was my brother pretending to be a mech suit. I thought about lifting something, but never did. :razz: So tell me if you’ll count this as I have no idea if you will. I’m marking it tentative till you post your response. :tongue:

Also, during my flight up to the castle I did so in the manner of Superman. (Two arms forward.) Would this count for the superhero genre?

Oh… and did I mention I fire magical energy from a diamond sword? :happy:

Apocalyptic Prison - Short Lucid Dream
Pagodon, Nelfville - Medium Lucid Dream - Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, Cast a Spell, & Super Hero Genre Task 2 EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 2
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Ride in a Flying Vehicle, Pilot the Vehicle | Hold a Traditional Weapon, Use/Fire the Weapon
Task 2:-E Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, & Cast a Spell

Side Quest: Super Hero Genre
[/spoiler]

RIP Alan Rickman

Non-lucid dream, in which I am on stage in an opera of some kind.

I claim the “musical” sidetask.

@Cornelia - Hehehe, er, no standing on your brother’s feet doesn’t count as a mech suit, even if he’s pretending, it’s just utterly bonkers… :lol:

As for the witch, I couldn’t see a physical description in your DJ. If she was just a regular looking human, no, that doesn’t count. If she was green-skinned or appeared to be something other than human, then maaaaaybe.

My opinion on elves, being a massive LOTR geek, is that they are magical beings because they are (at least in Tolkien’s books) immortal, and able to recover from grievous wounds that would kill regular humans, without scarring. Also, with the pointy ears, height and grace, they are physically distinguishable from humans too.

Flying like superman sure sounds like a super power to me, so it counts for the side mission. You are on to Science Fiction, should be easy for you, right?

Also, grats on jumping to 2nd place! :happy:

@Susan_Y - Yep, great, you are on to the Crime genre.

Scores are updated

I had like four lucid dreams last night, but I can’t remember any of em. Well, gee… what the shits, me, why?

@obfusc8: Bonkers as it may be I thought I’d mention it and ask about it because I found it interesting how my brain incorporated that bit of task memory into the dream. Completely silly. :razz:

As to the witch, I can’t really recall her face… I just recall her being Wizard of Oz-esque and garbed up with a big crooked black hat and black robes. If that’s not enough I understand. And what you say about elves make sense. It’s just “Magical Creature” is more synonymous with “Magical Beast” when I read it. I tend to put humanoids like giants, elves, dwarves, drow, etc. in their own category. I’ll just have to go find a phoenix or something then, eh? :razz:

I thought there was a “futuristic weapon” task because it seemed like a natural parallel to the traditional weapon task… but since I’m on the Science Fiction genre… I can still count this!

This morning I collected a boat load of weapons from the Quake II FPS and fired a few rounds with the loveable (provided your the one firing it :tongue: ) railgun. Pretty sure this dream was futuristic enough to count for the SciFi genre. Too bad I didn’t find any Strogg. Just recall running from enemies.

Quake and an Evil Teddy Bear - Non-Lucid Dream - Science Fiction Genre

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 3

Task 1:-E Ride in a Flying Vehicle, Pilot the Vehicle | Hold a Traditional Weapon, Use/Fire the Weapon
Task 2:-E Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, & Cast a Spell

Side Quest: Super Hero Genre | Science Fiction Genre
[/spoiler]

Had an LD here this morning which at around 5 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. I tried to complete the Polyjuice LC task and started changing into a Lizardman but it ultimately ended up stalling and the LD just stopped co-operating with me altogether. :cry: :wallhit:

:bambi: Nooooo… Harry Potter week… almost could have been titled ‘Oleg Week’ based on the dreams you recalled last week… :meh:

@Cornelia - Yeeeeaaah, railgun, awesome! :cool: You’re on to ‘Medical’ next.
Ah I understand the confusion Re naming the task ‘magical creature’ - I wanted it to include centaurs and giants which show up in Harry Potter, which is why it didn’t say ‘beast’. The task description should have been clearer, my bad.

@James_uk2008 - Gah so close! A good attempt though. The earlier part of the dream where you were flying in and controlling/piloting the airbus would count for the week one tasks (although I suspect you probably don’t really give a damn about the non-tf tasks… I’ve added it to the score sheet) :smile:

Scores are updated

Veeery long LD this night LINK TO DJ
It took me more than two hours to write it :tongue:

Summary:
Back to the red lizards planet, I do a telepathic chat with one of them, go the giant tree, communicate with it and retrieve the precious material.
Back to HQ I give it to mission command, while they experiment with it I visit hospital and give a present to a comrade.
We experiment with another sample, output is poor, we go back to Earth, ending the war with the red lizards.

Other stuff I do:
Melt with rain and torrent water (personal task)
Explore the castle dungeons from previous dream with Hermione
Fly as an eagle
Meet a unicorn
Have coffee and croissant
Devastate my IWL office building’s wall and fly on top of the laboratory tester
Hurl fireball at trees

So, points I can claim:

• search castle dungeon
  • fly something that shouldn’t
  • encounter magical creature
  • Find rare elements
  • make something out of it
  • See colossal tree
  • talk/meditate at it
  • talk to beast (the red lizards have a form of intelligence, but I cannot mark it as human level)
  • use telepathy to discuss with it
  • personal task
  • monthly quest
  • side quest medical

Lol, it’s kind of embarassing :cool:

Just a bit! And being able to recall all that is fantastic. The danger with extremely long lucid dreams is forgetting half of it, but you don’t seem to suffer from that. :content:

Grats on completing your personal goal, too few people focus on that IMO, and the monthly quest. Don’t forget to post in the monthly quest topic to claim your wings!

Also, that origami dragon & T-Rex are epic… yes was poking around that DA link :wink:

Updated scores

Ahah thanks mate ! Another passion of mine :smile:

Non-lucid dream in which do some easy rock climbing.

No points scored, I think. (Not even my personal goal: I wasn’t lucid, so I can’t count wearing mountain-climbing gear as a task completion).

I had a short lucid dream the other night. Unfortunately, I forgot about the Lucidity Challenge and didn’t accomplish anything related to it :sad: .
I need to step my lucid game up. I am going to settle back into a routine. Wish me luck.

Medium lucid dream. I think that the Warcraft ND and the fantasy elements from the second dream could count as fantasy for the side mission?

In the first ND, I cast a “shadow bolt” spell, and in the ND part of the second dream I saw a drider and a beholder. In the LD part, I was in the great hall of a castle. Failed to explore the underground. :sad:

@Susan_Y & @Jer (and everyone else) - Yep, more lucids please! Good luck! :ok:

@En’enra - Those were characters from your book? That’s cool, although, that necromancer/summoner dude is a little… um… disturbed? :bored: I think you managed the fantasy genre side mission about 10x over, so let’s see how you get on with the next, which is ‘Historical’.

@GenghisKhan - Forgot to say earlier, you’re on to the Adventure side mission, and you can pick a second personal goal worth 25 points when completed lucidly.

Scores are updated

Not really – recently I was trying to visualize the necromancer antagonist from my book, in order to summon him in a lucid dream, which is why the summoner guy physically looked like how I imagine the necromancer, I think. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing. :content:

As for him being disturbed, I’ll take it as a good sign, since what I’m trying to write is a mix of horror and fantasy. :tongue:

Alrighty. So I almost had the “see castle from tower”, but I don’t recall being in a tower and the castle was still under construction… Oh well. I will be claiming the “See a Magical Creature”. It was like a centaur… only I can’t recall what the bottom was… I don’t think it was horse-like… I just remember that from the torso up she was human and from torso down she turned into a four-legged beast of some kind. Hard to describe, but I think this counts… unless it has to be an “official” magical creature.

Castle Story-Craft Part II - Non-Lucid Dream - Encounter a Mythical Creature

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 4

Task 2:-E Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, & Cast a Spell | Encounter a Mythical Creature

Side Quest: Super Hero Genre | Science Fiction Genre
[/spoiler]

I dreamt that I was a slave owner at a plantation in America, and I was reading about black civil rights in a newspaper. I won’t post the whole dream because I don’t feel too good about it, I just thought it could count for the “historical” side mission.

Lucid dream (medium duration, two minutes) in which my bag is stolen at a railway station. I claim the “crime” side task. Near miss (no points) on the railway train task as I didn’t get as far as boarding the train.

Non-lucid dream in which I am in a (cough) Bond movie and meet James Bond. (The Daniel Craig version). Located in Paris by the cathedral of Notre Dame and at some unnamed beach. Does this count for the “action” side task?

Non-lucid dream in which I land on a moon. I claim the “land on a planet/moon”, “ride in a spacecraft” and “pilot the spacecraft” tasks. Possibly also counts for the “action” sidetask, if the Bond movie didn’t?

@Cornelia - Yeah that’s more like it! (The only ‘official’ magical creatures would be when claiming seeing one from Harry Potter, in which case I’d require them to be accurate as per the books/films.)

@En’enra - That’s fine, the unintentional incubation got you the side mission points. You are on to the Horror genre. (But of course I hope you don’t get nightmares, just mildly scary will do, okay?)

@Susan_Y. So the description was kinda sparse on the James Bond dream… Just meeting him wouldn’t qualify, you need to be doing something high-octane like driving in a car chase or crazy stunts, not ahem the other sort of ‘action’ either… :tongue: Grats on the lucid dream though!

Scores are updated