Mac and Games

So…I received a Macbook Pro for my birthday a couple of days ago and was wondering if there are any good rpg/simulation/or strategy games for mac and where I can get them. Help and thoughts appreciated. :happy:

I was a PC user before this and I have to say, having a mac sure does limit the games you get to play. Lol. But I still love my model that I got. It is really fancy and has more memory than my HP slimline desktop.

I’d show of the model stats right now, but I think that is a bit too much for this post. Lol

Yeah I have an apple as well, and I’m a huge fan of it… but it’s no gaming computer. For me that’s no problem 'cause I don’t game a lot anyway but if you do want to it certainly is a disadvantage.

First of all you can get all the games brought out for mac at an applestore or maccentre or whatever. Downside to that is: they are extremely expensive. For games I could buy at a normal store for less then 20 euro I’d have to pay 45 at an applestore last time I was there.

So a cheaper (and significantly less legal) way is to download them. Just go to your favourite torrent site or newsgroup and look for '[game of your chose] mac’. There will be a lot less around then PC games but you should be able to find something…

Or you can play free games, like HoN. I have played that on a mac, and it worked well. :cool:

Yeah, there aren’t many games for mac which makes it a non-gaming computer. Luckily I found more than a few games to run: Amnesia Dark Descent, The Sims 3, Battlefield 2, Black Ops modern warfare, and fable.

I also looked in the mac store and the games are really expensive like you had mentioned.

I think I might try that. Thanks. :smile:

Starcraft Broodwar.

'nuff said.

Leauge of Legends. I think you can play Assassins Creed Brotherhood on a mac. Oh, and congrats on the Macbook, welcome to the club :happy: