Man finds pot of gold on saint patrick's day

9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=88309

Denver man finds pot of gold on St. Patrick’s Day

posted by: Jeffrey Wolf , Web Producer
written by: Kirk Montgomery , 9NEWS Entertainment Reporter created: 3/17/2008 5:24:48 PM
Last updated: 3/18/2008 6:19:00 AM

DENVER – Monday began like any other for Nick Rawlinson, but the moment he stepped off an RTD bus, he knew this day would be different - it would be very lucky.

Usually, Rawlinson drives to work but with a lot of snow in the forecast he decided to take the bus. When he stepped off the bus, he noticed something on the ground next to a bench. It was still dark in the early morning, and he could barely make it out.

When he leaned down he saw it crystal clear: a pot of gold.

It was a plastic pot filled with $50 in gold-colored Sacagawea dollar coins, and an extra $3.17 (the date).

There was also a note:

“Happy St. Patrick’s Day … Because there is not enough magic in the world. Because I have many wonderful things in my life, and some of them feel like magic to me. Because I used to wish that would find a pot of gold. Because I would have been thrilled to find this. Have a great day.”

“It was so cool the way I found them (the coins),” said Rawlinson. “I’m going to try and pay it forward somehow.”

Rawlinson also said he would try and keep his luck going.

“I am going to go get one lottery ticket today,” he said.

The mystery donor of the pot of gold has not come forward.

Rawlinson is convinced it could have been a leprechaun.

“It really felt like magic finding it,” he said.

finally a good news story.
we should have a news forum to post news articles in.

i want to do something like that, its just so sweet.

This made me smile :happy: i can imagine what it felt like for the person who hid the gold to read this in the news!

Haha…what an awesome idea.

Just so incredibly cool!

^ +1

really awesome!

thx for sharing

It would be awesome to find a pot of gold like that. There should be more people like that donor in the world, then more people will become happy through the nicer things in life, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.

whoever put that pot out there, bravo! Very beautiful.