MILD Mantras

Lucidity Master. Visulization is necessary

:smile:

What do you visualize when doing MILD mantras?

And isn’t it hard to focus on doing both?

That’s almost exactly what I say, because I borrowed it from one of the Brainwave Voyages tracks that I was fortunate enough to get my hands on before they became almost impossible to find. The actual recording said “The next time I’m dreaming, I will realize that I’m dreaming. Am I dreaming? Am I dreaming, right now? Is this a dream?” One of the reasons I used that particular mantra (just the first sentence), is because it was part of my usual external induction recording. I figure it may be have been more effective if I used a line that I could also play throughout the night while I slept.

Whoa Awesome, I used Lucidity Master’s mantra last night, and I had 3 LD’s, New record for me!!!

I had success last night with a rather subtle meditiation technique. I lay on my back and used the sensation of becoming lucid as my meditation object, trying to remember LDs where I had that sensation particularly vividly. As the meditation progressed I relaxed my focus on the sensation and just maintained a general awareness of it as a meditation object, as if I was meditating on a sign for the sensation rather than on the sensation itself. (One of my books calls this a ‘reflex object’). I suppose this is a version of MILD, with a dhyana technique later in the process.

The lucid dream was not triggered by a reality check. Rather, it just seemed very obvious and natural that I was in a lucid dream.

By the way, I find that I have to continually change my techniques as a technique will often be very successful for some time and then wear off. Does anyone else find this?

Sounds like a great technique, illumination!! Did you read it somewhere or did you develop it yourself?

I don’t really have this. Most techniques I use work pretty fine, even after months of practice. Perhaps the fact that after some time, the practice has become like a habit, your awareness becomes a bit… conditioned, thus less focused on what you’re doing. This might have a counter effect. But if you keep at it every day I don’t think it should pose a big problem. Even after a long time of practice.