Military draft in spring 2005, for real

Again, i agree. I want our troops out of iraq last june when bush said they were supposed to be gone.
He has a vendetta, has to get rid of all the terrorists and insurgents and everyone that pissed off his pappy.
Needs insurance too… If iraq crumbles after we withdraw… we get the blame.
If we leave what stops other nations from rushing in and taking control?
I wish we could leave.
I dont want our troops in iraq.
gotta think of the misson however.
wishes dont get much accomplished

MAC

Well I was going to chime in here but sisokogotai said it all and more.

sisokogotai

I am sorry you are going to that place. Just know that the peoples thoughts are with you.

Be safe.

Well sisokogotai I can see we both feel very strongly about this issue, but I hope I haven’t offended you too much, however I will stick to my beliefs. I too really sincerely hope that your time in Iraq passes quickly and safely, I just wish that there was some organised dissent in the U.S. army, because with good organisation and total solidarity the U.S. army could be out of Iraq and Bush and his people wouldn’t be able to do a thing.

As I said before the army does do some good in some places, and I highly respect that you actually joined because you wanted to do something good for the world. But this is the real world, not some idealistic movie world, and surely you knew your country’s history, because I know my country’s history and I would never join the armed forces unless it was to go directly to fight in a war that I believed in like world war 2.

Joining the armed forces of the U.S. or the U.K. or most other countries only puts you at the mercy of your leaders’ decisions, and puts you in the awful position so many are in now. You have amply highlighted the horrors that would happen to you if you deserted or disobeyed orders, and if I was in your position could I follow my beliefs? I can’t say sitting here, it would be too easy. But I certainly would try and get out a.s.a.p. (I appreciate you may be locked in for multiple years), because who knows which country the U.S. is going to attack next.

thank you very much. it is comforting to have your thoughts and support.

c’est la vie

MAC