Morals in dreams

Its just ‘‘You do it if you want to , but dont be angry because of the consequence later’’.

What consequences?

By killing DC you’re just killing your own self.

The next Dc on your next ND could act like total jackass and nightmare could be more often.

And IRL , the feeling of murder could be really pointed down and it could lead to violence problem.

I’m not killing anyone else at least and I certainly don’t feeled killed in the moning. More like refreshed which is different from my normal depressed mood.

I consider these good dreams and my nightmares usually turn into LCs. Besides, my nightmares are barely nightmares.

I’ve explained that in my first post. The only thing that stops me from hurting or killing people is the Bible. I have enough self control that I’m not going to do it in RL.

Killing in lds does not necesarily mean doing any harm to yourself.
We can say who we are due to knowing things that we are not.When we are young we do all possibile things and some of them we call mistakes later on in life.But if not that we would keep on repeating them,no knowledge,no development.Thats obvious.
So anything you do and this applies to morals too is good or bad depending on how you look at things.Look at above posts- some ppl see DCs as not real beings and can kill them like they kill pixels on the screen.Some see it differently and dont.Both are right cuz ultimate judge is ones own mirror.
As for me its about experience- i would act out of intuition and see.Propably sometimes id kill and sometimes i wouldnt- but anyhow id know much more about myself as a whole(this including whats the dark side in me)

ive got a solution if you kill someone in your dream you bring them back to life and give them a present to compensate for their short death :razz:

While I absolutely loth the thought of getting myself into this debate (yet again) I did want to respond to your post.

Yes, letting loose in your lucid dream can actually have a positive outcome in your waking life. However, if you find that you use every dream to blow off steam, then I would say that you are avoiding something and perhaps you should look at that. But once in a while is ok IMO.

We have to decide for ourselves what is or is not ok in the lucid dream. Your dream is like your own little world. You can use it to enhance your spiritual self, explore your inner thoughts, or simply use it as your personal playground. IMO no one of these are “right” or “wrong” (for lack of better words) as we all have different beliefs, morals and thought about what dreams are. While I do not think that dreams are your self, they are expressions of yourself and your experiences IMO. When you get to your world you should feel free to express whatever it is you want to express.

I agree, to each his own :smile:

It’s true that within the dreamworld, there are no consequences for your actions unless if you want there to be. But what most people forget is that there can be real-world consequences. Things that you dream about can dwell in your head during waking hours, too. If you get into a relationship with a DC and then dwell fondly on that experience during the day, how is that different than reflecting on premarital sex or adultery (depending on your marital status)? True, you won’t hurt others through this form of sexual release. But you’ll be introducing thoughts into your own head that might not have been so vividly present otherwise.

My policy on ethics within dreams is relatively simple. I don’t do dream sex because I’m not interested in “committing adultery in my heart.” I’m willing to do things to people that wouldn’t be right in real life (e.g. beating up DCs, killing them with lightsabers, etc. :grin:, as long as these things don’t carry over much into my real-world experiences. If I found myself “needing” to do these things too much in LDs, I’d probably become concerned about my emotional state.

I’m gonna have to agree with that. In an LD I had, I had sex with someone. (Not gonna say who cause my friend is on this forum…) Then I woke up feeling alittle disturbed and the feeling for that person continued IRL…

About feeling the need to kill in LD’s, I do it as a vent. The LD’s didn’t make me violent, I always was. Well, on the inside. It’s such a huge relief to release that urge. And I think this is helping me stay calm IRL.

Basically there is a going agreement that if you do something immoral in a dream CONSTANTLY you should question your mental or emotional state, be it constat sex, violince, or whatever else.

For me, a warm hug from a dream character after a great adventure is a more sensational experience than sex. Mindless voilence without much context is also not very sensational.

Eh. :neutral:

Dream professional and scientisct say that morning dream affect a lot your moral and surrounding in the day.

So if you do bad things and sure it have a little bit of consequence on you.

I don’t agree… at all

If I killed lots of SP hags in my dream it doesn’t mean I’ll become violent. It doesn’t happen to everybody, so you really can’t say that this happens to everybody.

I fully agree. Killing someone in dream, is not a bad thing. That person does notexists. It’s like you think of killing someone - that person is alive. If you are killing someone you dont even know (In dream of course :tongue:), there shouldnt be any moral hangover.

And word about doing it in dream:

1. If you never did it IRL, thing in dream will be like you expect it to be.
  2. Think how you’ll feel if you’ll dream about it with someone you know, and after waking up you are meeting that person.

When I try to do things I consider immoral in my LDs, I find that the reward of the activity is much less than it might be in real life. The act becomes synthetic and robotic and my colors turn dull and sluggish. But that’s just me.

It’s so much more interesting for me when I can make magic, change my surroundings at will and sense everything soo realistically that it seems more vivid than life. That isn’t against my morals :colgate:.

Killing in dreams is often more symbolic of something ending than it is in the moral sense. That is why there is no problem with it.

[color=darkblue]The moral to my dreams?

I need freedom! Why else would I have so many flying dreams?

I’ll be on some quest in many dreams in strange and exciting new places, always searching for something. That something is rarely revealed.

Could this mean I don’t know what I want from life yet?

I’m waiting for the dream where I get to the end of the saga, but I think it could be a long way off yet.

Can’t wait to continue the journey![/color]

Interesting topic…
I do carry my morals into my LD’s with me, it’s so ingrained I think that I can’t help it. I’ve never killed anyone, (been tempted to, :cool: ) I’ve never done…things…(I’ve had stuff done to me though in non LD’s but when I become lucid in those kinds I get them back, :dark: :gni: ) I can’t help but get wrapped up in it if someone needs help, (my friend and her family were being pursued by a pycho killer and even after I became lucid I stuck around until I found him and I turned him into a bag of garbage and a garbage truck came and took him away, laughs :lol: ) Sure it’s tempting with the knowledge you can do whatever you want, I mean of course there’s people a would like to get revenge on and stuff but I know I would feel guilty about when I woke up and I wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about what I did, so yeah, I’m selfish that way, laughs so I usually just stick to using powers… :rofl: :puh:

I find dreams infinitely more weird when I feel there has been a moral to them…

To me it feels more weird when i wake up and remember just having had an ND in which I did things I would normally consider to be strange or immoral or in any way things I would never do IRL than I do when waking up from an LD in which I did things my waking self doesn´t do. So… I don´t really know why but it for sure has to do with the whole no consequences thing. When I´m lucid I also know that whatever I do it won´t affect me in a way as it would if I did this IRL. I have never killed someone in an LD, simply because this thought has not occured to me yet or at least I do not remember a dream in which killing would have been memorable or something that was explicit enough to get stuck in my memory. However, I discover my … let´s call her “Dream-me” is a lot more daring, a lot more bitchy than my waking life me is. That´s for sure. :tongue: