Movie Thread!-Part 2

I went 2 go c ‘hide and seek’ last night and i must say i was teRRiBly dissapointed! Out of 10 i give it a -1 :I Some parts (2) were “scarry” and surprising at same time but the rest were very mormal. In my opinion it was just like any other NoRmal movie sigh…what else can i expect from “scarry” movies -_- I DID like the twist in the end thO!

A new movie w/ vin diesel(from XXX) is comming out called tha ‘pacifier’. Its the cutest and funniest movie Ever in my opnion lol! Id definitelly rent this 1 :happy:

I saw a more indepth preview of “ConStantine” (keeanu reeves movie!!) and it looks gooD and scarry like shi*!! Cant waIt to c it! Donno when its comming out tho -_-

One last movie id like 2 mention: i think it was called ‘kingdom of heaven’ looked good 2 :wink:

Im not sure what to think entirely about the animation movies, usually that company that made the incredibles are good, i just never have the will power to go out to the theaters. National Treasure actually looked ok, the story line seemed a little to ridiculous but other than that, i liked where it was going. Lemony Snickets looks cool, im just a fan of Tim Burton’s films, i like the style of his movies, he always brings a good feeling. Elektra, i know im going to see it, i definitely dont want to waste any money on it, but anything with marvel on the title wins me.

I just bought American Pie, i fulfilled my collection with the American Pie family. The War of the worlds, i saw that movie when i was in Middle school and i loved it, i have good feelings and thoughts towards the new one, especially that Steven Speilberg is directing it, i think Tom Cruise is staring. Hitchhiker’s guide looks very interesting; i have no idea what its about, except the main concept. What about the aviator? what do you think?? I heard good reviews and such, whats the word?

So many movies, not enough time :content:

Howdy, saw some good previews that i want to share with you; you have to see it. The name of the movie is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This first link is probally the best link to get connected with
https://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html

the really good movie trailer i suggest watching you have to apply a little a effort; first try this link and if doesnt work hit the second link: Watch the internet Trailer out of the three choices
https://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4680
if that link doesnt work, just hit the bottom link, scroll to top previews, and look for Internet Trailerhttps://www.comingsoon.net/

There are other good movie previews there also, like the new StarWars and War of the worlds. I guess this years summer theme is Alien movies and the end of the world.

I really want to see “hichhikers guid…” There allso releasing “Passion of the christ” in theaters.

Is “the war of the wolds” going to be based on the radio incident or HG wells book?

The book

I think it would make a good movie to do it on the radio incident, but it may not be enteresting considering we know what hapaned.

Yes, i believe so, i saw some old movie, it was cool. I saw in school like when i was 15, everyone else told me it was a radio show. Here’s a little info from the site i go to

[size=150]Plot Summary: [/size]A contemporary retelling of H.G. Wells’s seminal classic, the sci-fi adventure thriller reveals the extraordinary battle for the future of humankind through the eyes of one American family fighting to survive it.

Im really excited to see The Hichhikers guide, it’s rated PG also. (i think)

Last week I saw The Grudge and afterwards the original Japanese version Ju-On. Man… Thát’s what I’d call horror. The Grudge had some freaky parts in it, but why on Earth did they pick Sarah Michelle Gellar?? The Japanese version has much less Hollywood-scream horror, thus making it far more authentic and frightening. Unlike The Grudge, there’s no blood at all in Ju-On, only a stunningly unnerving atmosphere throughout the whole movie. Ju-On even gave me two nightmares… :eek:
Tonight I’m going to watch Dark Water or Ringu 2 (haven’t decided yet :wink: ).

I never thought of giving that movie a chance at all, it looked really cheasy. What is it about exactly? and why are they companies keep remaking these old Japanese or chinese movies? I like horror, but they have to be bloody :happy:

I wouldn’t call The Grudge cheasy… but you clearly see it’s made in Hollywood :wink:
It’s about a Japanese legend which says that if someone dies in an extreme anger, his/her emotions remain at that place (in this case an house near Tokio) and it affects everyone who gets a connection with it. The story is very simple in The Grudge (in Ju-On it’s a bit more complicated because you have to piece together the story yourself), but there are about five truly frightening scenes in it. And yeah I also don’t understand why Hollywood keeps raping those perfect Japanese horror movies… The Hollywood-factor just spoils a big deal of the original play of emotions and it certainly destroys a great deal of the fascinating Japanese elemental horror.
Bloody horror movies I always find a bit funny and especially predictable. For me it’s: the lesser blood you see, the better.

Sounds cool, i see what your getting at, thats why im not completely sure how react seeing such previews to those movies. But drama is drama, horro should have everything you cant do IRL. Like the forbidden fruit, reliving someone elses horriffic mind.

Finally I got to see Ring yesterday. It’s the original Japanese horror flick from which Hollywood thought it was necessary to make an American version of it…
In the end I was a bit disappointed… perhaps because I had quite some expectations about it due to its hype and statements like “that’s definitely the scariest horror movie ever made!” Well, overall I think there are worse out there :smile: However, the famous Sadako scene near the end of the movie was exactly as it was portrayed in the media. Thát was some terrifying sh*t!! Definitely one of the, if not thé, scariest scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie! It still gives me shivers down my spine if I think of it… Too bad the rest of the movie didn’t really catch up with the magnificent horror tension of that one scene.

Wow i’ve found this is an old movie thread (when i say “old” i say that have time in the forums). So the last movie i saw was “Visitors”-about this woman who is traveling around the world in a boat and have ghost encounters.

But… A few days ago i saw “Big Fish”,i recommend that movie, is very cool. The big guy is really that big because of another movie i saw of him.

Yep, I kind of started the idea of Movie thread, and I never gave up on the idea, I just have big gaps of time in-between every response, but your response made me smile :smile: . Is Visitors that movie with the director that created Unbreakable and The 6th Sense?If so, how was it?? I dont like that director myself, but i’ve seen all of his movies. Tonight, im going to see Be Cool, I dont know what to think about the film, but I liked Get Shorty, so I will let you know. Big Fish was cool, but Cranberrydude, i recommend going to this website, https://comingsoon.net/. It’s very good for resources, seeya around :content:

Don’t know but if i find out i’ll tell ya straight away.

More or less good, it’s kind of old but still good to see.

I don’t like that type of movies but anyway i hope you like it.

Xtremely cool!!! :tongue:

Well my friend let me tell you that’s the exact website i go to see movie trailers. :content:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats funny; i used to know other websites, but i cant remeber them. Be Cool was alright, it had its moments and it was slow. Lots of ideas and there are some parts that didnt make full sense, but i liked it. I wouldnt buy it, but it was worth watching. If anything, they could of spent a little more time on the story or idea. It could of been better, they just had so many scenes redone like Get Shorty, so in way you can see what was going to happen next. Six to five points out of ten, just average :cool:

Im really excited for The Hitchhikers Guide :happy:

A film based on the book A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick is in the process. The book is about futuristic drugs and “big brotheresque” stuff. It is animated in the same style as Polar Express.

whats it called?

Any links?previews?Rumors?Fun Stuff :grin: