Movie Thread!

Yeah, different movies, but still comparable just in the sense that they are Tarantino and they are violent.

Pulp Fiction is more of a classic, where Kill Bill is just fun to watch. But I love them both and can’t wait fo Volume 2.

I never heard about 4 Rooms, what’s it about? I should probably check it out.

Definitely watch Donnie Darko again, I think you’ll find it a lot less confusing.

And I don’t know anything about Passion that I’ve already said, except that it should be out in the spring.

I just finished watching Seven for the first time. Awesome, awesome movie. Instant top ten favorite movie. Brad Pitt is the man, and Kevin Spacey might have to be my favorite actor. I did the movie predictable, but that’s not always a bad thing.

4 Rooms is great, it has Tim Roth as the lead character, he’s a bellboy and has the whole hotel to himself. He has 4 rooms with unsual rich important people. Each room has something going on in it, i dont want to explain each room and spoil it or anything, but its worth watching. Its more of a comedy then anything else. It has a big Hollywood cast, yet every Taratino film has an Well known Holloywood cast.

Luckly i own Darko, so i’ll check it out again.

So before you watched Seven, did you know that Kevin Spacey was in it? B/c if you did, i can understand by predicitng the movie :wink: Other then that, the moive was sick, orginal, and great all in one. I only saw it a couple of times, but its a keeper :happy:

Just lately i bought Being John Malchovich, i have to say this movie was genius. Just to think of a portal into someone elses brain is genius, great story, dense comedy(dark), its just unique and entertaining throughout the whole movie. You havent seen this movie yet, its a must. You have to see it! :wink: I could just take this whole page up and describe my thoughts about this moive.

That’s it in my movie world, and one reminder X2 United was just released today :cool_laugh: , one of my favorites. To bad i have a hole in my pocket…seeya :wave:

I’ll be sure to check 4 rooms out, I thought Tarantino only had four movies out right now???

No, I had no clue that Spacey was in it. I was sooo happy when I saw him walk into the police station. Spacey plays so good in these roles. American Beauty is definitely one of my favorites of all time, and Seven isn’t far behind.

Have you seen the Usual Suspects?

Haven’t seen Being John…I’ll give it a try though.

I know I’m bad, but I have had X2 for about a month. It’s a bit blurry and has Japanese subtitles, but it’s still cool. They better make a third one, and not take too long.

Have any of you seen ‘Before Sunrise’ by director Richard Linklater, who also did Waking Life and a couple of other movies? It is one of the best ‘romances’ I have seen. At least I thought so when I watched it by accident a while ago. I just ordered the dvd from America (hasn’t been released on dvd in Germany) and am looking forward to watching it again.

It is basically just a guy and a girl who meet in Europe and spend the day in Vienna, getting to know each other… But of course they know they will probably not see each other again cause he’ll leave for America and she for Paris the next day.
It is not really one of those typical romances. It is just two people meeting and talking for an hour and a half about all kinds of stuff while they walk through Vienna. I really liked the character development and such.

Before I forget - the two of them appear in one scene in Waking Life. Remember that scene where a girl and a guy are in bed, talking about how long the brain stays active after clinical death? That’s them. :smile:

Supposedly a sequel is due for 2004, which by itself would sound bad (cause the ending is really not a big cliche and should maybe have been left alone), but knowing that Linklater will do it I am actually looking forward to it. I loved Kill Bill, too. Watched it twice. So take this from a guy who loved Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs: Although entirely different from anything Tarantino does, ‘Before Sunrise’ is similar in its different approach to overused topics. :smile:

https://www.dvd.net.au/goto.cgi?https://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=3247

If you guys want to see something that will truly mess with your head, I suggest you check out George Lynch’s ‘Eraserhead.’ That is one of the freakiest pictures I have ever seen. Talk about surreal. The whole movie is like being stuck inside of a nightmare. Truly a masterpiece, but if you don’t like horror, much less older B films, it’s probably not for you. I only suggest this because this is a dream site and figured it would fit in nicely. I do like other genres, of course. I’m a fan of love stories, drama, comedy, you name it.

I kinda missed a bunch of the middle of this movie so I couldn’t really get into it. It seemed kinda cool, but when you really think about it it’s just another cheesy version of Resident Evil.

I haven’t seen eraserhead or before sunrise, but I’ll keep them in mind if I need something to rent someday.

Most recently watched movie: Natural Born Killers. I’ve read some reviews of this movie and it seems either you love it or you hate it. I loved it. A Quentin Tarantino story made by Oliver Stone…what’s not to love? NBK has become an instant favorite of mine.

true romance and natural born killers were one script, originally. technically nbk picks up where true romance should have left off.

I guess I forgot to mention that Eraserhead is VERY hard to find. It is out of print, but usually available on ebay. There may be some video stores that have copies of it. There aren’t any near where I live though. Good luck finding it.

Whoa, i never knew that. I knew taratino did both stories, but i didnt know they were one orginal story. Thats cool, b/c if it was one movie it would make some kind of sense. Just the difference between the both is Mickey and Mallory are really f*&$%# in the head, i guess just giving True Romance a nice ending was a better idea, b/c in True Romance they kinda of make the characters innocent and such. And there forced with the choices that they made, but then again its just a movie :content:

Oliver Stone was very ‘liberal’ when he made the script into a movie. I don’t know how much that applies to the director who did true romance, but it makes me wonder, how much both of those guys changed from the original plot/s cause it doesn’t really add up too much anymore. Tarantino was kind of disappointed about nbk, dunno how he felt about True Romance. I still like both movies… nbk did get on my nerves, though, the last time I watched it.

It is available on DC ++. Of course I couldn’t get a good enough connection to download it.

And I guess I’ll have to watch True Romance now.

[color=red]
This topic is locked!
Part 2 can be found Here
[/color]