Music induced lucid dream

Well latly I have been having alot of lucid dreams by doing something I call MILD (Music induced lucid dream) basicly I lay down in bed and wait a while till I feel myself start to get close to fall asleep then I start to listen to a song in my head, like a song I know really well every lyric and bassline and everything and I just keep listning to it and it starts to get clearer and clearer till I dont even have to think about it I just listen to the music, then next thing you know im on the bus listning to headphones, or in a car with the song playing on the radio, or some other dream in which I am listning to the song. I dunno if anyone else will have luck with this but I thought I would post it cause it seems to work good for me.

I see. So it’s a WILD technique, unlike the other MILD, which is a DILD tech. You could call it MuILD or something like that. :tongue:

I’ve done this during naps. I would find myself lying on the floor with headphones on, take them off, and still hear the music. Or I could only hear the music in my dreams.

I had the music blazing loud so I could hear it in my dreams, which is why I don’t try to do that when I’m going to sleep instead of napping.

Sounds really interesting. I will definitely give this a try. :content:

Cool, gotta try this, what kind of music works best? Or does it even matter?

I’ll try this with the headphones on.
Do you practice WILD during this or just let yourself fall asleep?

Oh, that sounds like a great idea. I might try it out tonight, along with something else I was going to try.

I dont think you use headphones while going to sleep, right?You just have to hear the music “in your head”, or am I reading it wrong?

i’m guessing he means without headphones, if i sing a song in my head i eventually start to hear it as if i were listening to it.

I’ve gotta try this. I can almost hear music IRL just by thinking about it, so this should work good. It sounds a lot like WILD, just using the music to keep your mind conscious rather than counting or something.

I gave that one a try… even two, at diffrent states of mind. First time I tried to do so while falling asleep first time, without any succes. Second time I tried MuILD, just after waking up at ~5 am. Also without any succes. :neutral: Well, at least I cannot say that I hadn’t tried…

Ooh I ilke this idea! I do tend to listen to music at night that, once I pay attention, I realize isn’t there. Gonna try some MuILD tonight!

Noo, I used headphones when doing this, and by hearing it in my head, I meant in the dream.

Prolly something you know inside out and is NOT death-metal.
I imagine puissance might be a good one, a calm voice that nearly constantly keeps talking (on the new albums anyway).