Music... (possibly new technique)

I’m new here, so i wouldn’t know if this is a pre-existing technique, but as far as I know I have come up with it and I have had some success. Can someone tell me if this is allready been done?

I’d like people to try this out too. :slight_smile:

My favorite seo taiji song is “hah yo gah” as few of you may know.
I do NOT speak korean, which I think might have something to do with it.
I can play it back in my head whenever I wanna listen to it.
When I go to sleep, that’s what I listen to while I’m waiting to fall asleep.
When I’m in my dream, i find myself singing it sometimes! And then I thought back to myself, “I heard that recently, but my cd players broken… oh yea! I was listening to it when I was trying to sleep.”
Then I thought about it, and realize i was dreaming! :slight_smile:

thank you!

Then i realized…
I"M The ONLY PERSON POSTING ON THIS DARN BOARD!

ah, check for the holy grail method somewhere on this board…

here it is:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/possible-holy-grail-technique/5926

Edit:
Oh yeah um, the way you became lucid in this case is by dream sign. You remembered that you always had that song in your head and then became lucid because of it. If you do a lot of other things in your dreams, just remember: Whenever you’re doing it, do a reality check.
/Edit

ahh.
Darn, i thought i was onto to something new.

Similar methods have been discussed previously, but it’s great that you’ve discovered this for yourself. I’ve been experimenting with sound for months, but never really with music. I use recordings designed to influence your dreams, and provide a heightened chance of becoming lucid. Not surprisingly, these are usually along the lines of “Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?” over and over.

Also suggested a while ago was the concept of maintaining a special ‘dream song’. Just any ordinary song (preferably one that you enjoy), which you can use to remind yourself to do a reality check. Any time you hear this song during the day, check to ensure that you’re not dreaming. Then, play the song repeatedly while you sleep each night. Hopefully the song will turn up in a dream, and you’ll instinctively perform an RC.

Anyway, your contribution is much appreciated. Let us know if you have any other ideas. :smile:

cool! Does it being in korean have anything to do with it I wonder?

I don’t think it matters too much. The idea is that you recognise the music and instinctively perform an RC. I guess it doesn’t really matter if it has lyrics or not.

I wonder if this could work for me… How long did it take you to work i.e. how many days?

first day I try it. But, I sing it outloud alot to myself when noone around. So I guess that is prerequisite. ^.^ So if you sing lot, you should be good with quickly. ^.^

Well… I do sing (not perfectly but that isn’t important here) - perhaps I could use some 80’s songs which I like but haven’t been playing recently. I remember them completely and will play them now and perform an RC to be sure…

From day one you say… Interesting… Great!

the only day I worked on was the only day it worked, but I think must to sing MUCH, frequently. I stop to sing lately, so I haven’t done since. But Hope to redo again ^.^ hope works for you.

Last night a few hours before sleeping I played a couple of songs I mentioned - they even mention dreams at least in one of the songs - and I sung to them, but I didn’t dream about them. I dreamt about some outing to some strange place which I didn’t go on (but some other people did) and about a newspaper interviewing people who rent videos. No LD’s…

Yesterday I created a CD (rewritable so I can change it daily!) with some songs I mentioned plus some songs with dream titles (some dreams come true, just another dream, while I’m dreaming, to dream again). I started with a bwgen preset power sleep (which didn’t send me sleeping this time, so next time I’ll remove that). Then I had various mp3’s with the songs (I created them from CD’s I have), added an mp3 with 10m silence, plus a few mp3’s of myself saying ‘this is a dream, do a reality check, check your digital watch’. I didn’t address myself with my name - so that’s something I’ll try next. I set the mp3 CD player to random play.

The result was interesting. I didn’t get lucid. I did hear in the first dream, a woman phoning in on the radio to complain about something. Some minutes after I woke up from this dream, I waited until I was fully awake etc, then I tried a WILD - mostly relaxed my breathing and lots of counting. It didn’t seem to work but I had earphones on (on the silence mp3). Didn’t get numbing/vibrations/movements and dreams didn’t start, so I decided to sleep normally. I reitereated my intention to dream a lucid dream and imagined myself lucid and what I would do (see that fanfic of mine played in front of me). I did dream of some fanfic-like story but it wasn’t my story! It had lupin III in it if you know who that is…

I noticed the mp3 cd player RANDOM facility means an mp3 gets played once and then once it plays all the mp3’s, it stops completely.

Meaning next time, I need more mp3’s as I when I woke up, the mp3’s had been played completely and the player turned itself off. I hope I didn’t unconsciously switch it off, but that’s unlikely.

In the second dream there was a woman coming to tell me something annoying.

I didn’t hear music in my dreams. Yesterday I took an algae pill and my dream recall was perfect. I even managed to remember other parts of my first dream in the morning.
So the result was no lucid dreams for now.
I wonder what I’ll try tonight… I might try no music, or just one song.