MY experience with SSILD

(bad english)

so today i woke up at 8 o clock and i thought that i could try SSILD… So i did 6-7 cycles and then i tried to move but i couldnt. I told to myseld “hey its an SP”… Unfortunately i got ecxited and i had to do it again… This time i wasnt in SP but i felt like i could do OBE. So i tried to just roll/slip out of my body. Suddenly i felt i had moved from the one side of my bed to the other. I opened my eyes to check and i was in the same place i was before… then i tried it again and i felt i was flawting. i opened my eyes and i was again in my bed. then i thought that i will try to LD… suddenly i was in a place near my house and i knew that i was dreaming… so i did the hand RC… i looked to my hand and i had 5 fingers. Then i tried to pinch myself, and it was painful. So i tried to close my nose and i couldnt breathe… why? i was dreaming and i did 3 RC and they failed!! when the third RC failed, the dream end. :grrr: :cry: the funny is that in my next dream i was talking to a girl and i said to her that in my previous dream i did 3 RC and they failed…

so…

1. what did i do wrong with OBE?
  2. why the rc failed
  3. if i did something wrong, please tell me

That must of been very annoying,
anyway I have some answers to your questions, not the one about the OBE I don’'t know must about OBE’s. Hope this helps :wink:

1. Everybody has RC’s that don’t work. I mean I only have one really good reality check and that is to see if I can stick my hands through a wall. All the stuff you stated don’t work for me ether.

2. I don’t think that you have done something wrong. But even before you done a reality check you were lucid dreaming because you did realize that you were dreaming, that is what LD is. What you could try doing instead of doing a RC if this happens again is stabilization techniques like rubbing your hands and shouting.

hope this helps :content:

thanks a lot! in the dream, i just said to myself “if the RC will fail, then im not dreaming” … so it was half LD half ND :razz:
do you know if there is an obe tutorial? it seems that with the correct knowledge, OBE is easy with SSILD

What is SSILD? :razz:

this might help you :wink: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=0

First, congratulations on the success. You did the technique properly, and by keeping it up you will have many lucid moments ahead of you!

The first advice I always give to people who have difficulty “detaching” from the physical body during SPs and OBEs is to “forget about it”. The soul-within-physical-body model, whether true or not, is not helpful for our purpose, so you might as well forget about it.

Practically speaking, I suggest the following:

1. During SP, do not think rationally, and do not have inner conversations with yourself. Anaylizing your current situation fits that category. You should focus on the sensations instead of your thoughts. Rational thinking can easily cause you to wake up and ruin your SP.

2. When having difficulty to get up during an OBE, do not apply force, and again, do not talk to yourself. Imagine body movement other than standing up, for example, spinning, sliding, sinking into the bed, and etc. Once you can control the motions you should have no problem standing up.

3. Upon phase entrance, you should immediately perform stabilization techniques. For OBE, the simplest and most effective trick is to crawl on floor. Not only this gives you a full-body workout, it positions your imaginary body in the opposite of your physical body. Another useful technique is to switch on lights. Just find a wall switch and repeatedly flip it. Don’t worry if the room does not light up. Something else will.

4. After performing the stabilization routine you want to exit the room ASAP. Once outside, shout “More lucidity now!” a few times will further stabilize your environment and turn it to high definition.

5. Do not bother to open your eyes. Remember, your dream eyes are always open. If somehow you feel your eyes are closed, you should perform the above stabilization techniques and that will restore your vision automatically.

6. The nose RC is the most reliable RC technique known today. You can’t really suffocate yourself in a dream can you? Now to make it work better you should pinch the nose firmly and breath in quickly and casually. Don’t do it again even if you have doubts – actually having that doubt itself is a good indication that you are in a dream because when wide awake you will have little doubt.

7. Always focus your attentions to external objects, and never to yourself! If you find this difficult, then grab something and bring it with you. Cell phones are a good choice. If suddenly you feel unsure, you should immediately crawl on floor, or examine the phone in your hand.

Hope this helps. Happy lucid dreaming! :smile:

thank you very much for your big reply!!! :smile: about the thing that your dream eyes are alwayes open… when i was in my first dream, i tried to do the hand RC but in this time in my dream i had close eyes and i could see a little threw my eye lids… and i remember that the reason that i had close eyes is that i had my mind the thing that happened when i tried to OBE ( i rolled from my body but i had closed eyes)

again, thank you very much!!

edit: i forgot to say something… first my bed is high (with stairs ) so how i will go to the floor :razz:
secondly, when i tried obe i couldnt control my body, it was just slipping in my bed, or it was doing circles.