Native American Alarm Clock

Hi, I’m a Native American(American Indian) and over heard some people joking in the welfare line about the native American alarm clock.

They said you drink a 12 pack of beer and if you go to bed at midnight you’ll be up at 6:00AM because you gotta pee so bad.

Now, I was thinking… I don’t drink beer, but could this work if I were to drink 8 cups of water or does the alchohol have special effects on the brain?

Alcohol is a diuretic, so it does cause you to need to urinate more than water would.

As far as the “alarm clock” theory goes, I’d have to say no. For me a 12pack would have me peeing ever hour or more. But I suppose it could work, but it really depends on your body as to how fast the alcohol passes through your system. (or any other liquid you replace it with)

ahh
the actual NA alarm method was water,
thats just a fun joke.
i use this one a lot for attempts at WBTB,
or when i am on a #@$#@ sleep rotation.
It doesnt take eight glasses of water,
i drink 20-30 or so ounces of water when i do this,
and it wakes me up!

x
err… qui ote

Ugh, well I was awoken from my slumber and now I’m up and can’t get to sleep. I just poured a 250ml glass of milk and now I just poured a 1.5l glass of water which I plan on downing right now.

Ugh, I can’t believe that joke, it’s stupid, my grandmother would be so offended! Idk about anybody else but going to the bathroom is always a priority anyway when I wake up so I think drinking anything should work. Anmd alcohol is not a good idea cause it tends to mess with recall a lot.

Alcohol actually can increase your recall and vividness. But probably not to everyone :razz:. It supresses REM in the first few cycles and later on creates a REM rebound so you have more vivid dreams in the later stages of sleep.

I decided not to do alchohol.

I drink about 500ml of milk before I go to sleep though and it does the trick.

I wake up about 4 hours after I ingest hte milk. I haven’t had a dream though but I have had excellent recall.