Need some LD help

I’ve been keeping a dream journal, for almost 5 months now… my recall is excellent… I remember 1-4 dreams a night. I’ve tried all sorts of techniques, and I still can’t convince my self i’m dreaming in a dream. I’ve only had one or two times where I realized it and I woke right up. Falling Asleep is a really hard process for me, because I always think constantly. It’s really hard to focus on things like the methods for me, because I have to spend an hour focused on one thought when i’m used to like 15 thoughts a minute. Does anybody have advice for a very motivated LD attempter who has trouble going to sleep for inducing LDs? I have a really hard time convincing myself that my dreams are dreams even though they are like 90% totally crazy and surreal. It’s starting to get frustrating, and that’s the last thing I want.

Help Me Please!!!

wow, you sound exactly like me, but I would consult this thread

Have you tryied the Suneye method?
It looks very promising.

i’m trying to track down that suneye method if anybody has it could you email it or pm me with a link…

but i had a cool dream metaphor last night, surfing meaning lucid dreaming… the beach in the dream represents the split between the subconcious and concious mind, how i see it is the beach is consciousness where you can stand, but the water is the fluid not solid ocean, but when you surf you are able to stand on the water and you ride these waves to gain consciousness by standing, of course with no success with lucidity, i didn’t catch any waves in my dream… but i have a feeling that if i caught a wave i’d become lucid… so for short riding a wave means becoming conscious in a dream… just thought i’d throw that out there

email: omalley@usc.edu

I tried using the link to dl the file but it sent me to yahoo where I created an account and then said i had to join the bwgen group which i didnt, then I went to part 2 where I tried the fixado link but that didnt load anything up, can someone send me the file at CorrodedBeing@gmail.com ?

By far, the most reliable method for getting LDs (at least when you’re starting out) is performing plenty of RC’s every day. This way it gets a habit. It might be a bit more work then some of the other techniques, but that’s partly because it’s not one of them shortcuts everyone’s so keen to try out.

I find the easiest way to become lucid is WBTB after about 4 hours of sleep set ur alarm or forme i jsut tell myself to wake up at a certain time and I do, once you wake up u probably will feel a little disoriented, this is good however it simply means that ur in a transition from sleep to waking. What i try to do is WILD at this point. Try it out it i have about 2 lucid dreams a night its great!

Hi windedsailor ! Welcome to the forum ! :wave:

In your posts, you mainly speak about WILD techniques.

WILD methods are generally very hard to masterize. A lot of people were discouraged of LDing with them.

But you said : I’ve tried all sorts of techniques. Could you tell us what sort of techniques you practised ?