Night terrors...

With a kid I would definatly advocate teaching him to be friendly toward them, it would be better than teaching them that violence is the answer IMO. I’ve also found I feel better if I “embrace” the problem rather than attempt to destroy it

hmmmm, I would just like to say that I would be interested in how to teach a child how to lucid dream as well. My four year old sister has nightmares a lot…not night terrors. and Im not sure how I can teach her to lucid dream…I just dont think she could do reality checks or wild w/o some external reminder…idk…any suggestions?

Tap her on the head and say “Are you dreaming?”… when she replies “No…”, ask her “Are you sure?”…

Maybe then in her dream she will have you hitting her on her head again, asking that question… maybe she will LD?

maybe…I kinda would like to sleep as well though, lol, I was more kinda wondering how exactly to explain it all to her

Just tell her about all the fun she could have in her dreams if she just remembers that she’s dreaming. Or how she can transform her nightmares. Keep it on the level of what she can do so it doesn’t get complicated and boring. Make it sound easy too.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions, I think I might also try coming up with a mantra for her like “this is only a dream”. That way she could both use that b4 she goes to sleep and maybe yell it if her dream gets scary.