No more Pantera?:(Like Metal or classic Rock?

Just last night i went to the greatest club concerts ever. I like seeing good shows at small venues b/c you actually get a taste of the act. This show that i saw last night was incredible. The band that i saw is called Superjoint Ritual, people thought it was just a side band but the lead singer clarified some things on stage last night. The lead singer Phil Anselmo first comes out on stages and says,“Hi, this my stage so technically its your stage, so dont be afraid to come on up” so after hearing that you can only imagine what happened from my point of view. Ill tell you this, i remember seeing lots of feet and people diving into the crowd, even fat guys. Well one point of the show a fan decides to try to introduced the band(of course he got it wrong) but when he introduced them, he was telling what band they were from and once he said Phil from Pantera, Phil said nah, Im all done with that band. It seemed like the crowd was shocked (b/c everyone loves Pantera) but after that moment they talked shit about every band today (including how bad Metallica turned out) and said spread the word about Superjoint ritual b/c this is the new shit. At the time i was upset, but the thought didnt really sink in too much, because last nights show was probably the craziest show i ever seen since Pantera.

If your interested at all about the band or any type of metal shed some light on me.

All in all this show Ruled!

About 95% of what I hear is Metal, but I kinda dislike Pantera :wink:

I prefer a bit more underground metal, because these bands are usually better… The less you hear about’em, the better they are :cool:

Myself, I’m pretty much into swedish metal. They have awesome sound and beautiful lyrics. IMO, the best band in that area is Opeth, recommended! :content:

/self-righteous rant mode ON/

Right… erm and Opeth is underground? What the fuck, I don’t listen to metal at all, besides having friends who like cannibal corpse/sepultura/morbyd angel/dimmu borgir/cradle of filth and others I could not identify, but even I know of them… :grin:

While we’re at it, have you heard of this really unconventional INDUSTRIAL band called Nine Inch Nails, dude? They are so underground, man… :tongue: :grrr: :grrr:

What the fuck… THe less you hear about them, the better they are? That is utter bullshit.

There’s nothing wrong with admitting you are listening to pop music. Say it loud and say it proud: ‘I am listen to the pop-band Opeth.’

/rant mode OFF/

You beat me too it mentioning Opeth, Everyone go find opeth music and listen to it NOW!!! You won’t be sorry!!!

OneWingedAngel

fabi the underachiever

I agree with Fabi, that is utter bullshit. But its funny how you bring up that point too, b/c the band really had no big promotion deals or anything during there whole career.

What is underground? Music that hasnt been given the full attention that it deserves? And when it gets the attention its mainstream??? Good music is good music

After i made this post yesterday and i went to the Pantera website, and I heard lots of interviews with Phil Anselmo and he was talking about his label is just trying to hype Pantera and Down and make as much money in the band. The thing is about these bands, there not about the pyro Tec nicks, no explosions, no paint, no stage themes, just music. this is a quote from the show " We get to the god damn point these days, non of that bullshit, your not gonna just sit there and watch me and sing and get your dck hard…nah Fck that your here to go f*cking crazy!" The interviews are great, if your actually interested in this genre of music. He even talks about working with the guitarist from Black Sabbath TONY IOMMI.

Here are the links to the sites i was talking about
https://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=12289
and
https://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~alfieii/pantera/news.htm

Opeth was alright, i didnt download to much of it, any suggestions on songs?

Did I say that Opeth was underground? That wasn’t what I was trying to imply :tongue:

Well, I am sorry if I sounded like an ass yesterday… But I feel quite passionate about integrity/things making sense and try to avoid hipocrisy and try to point it out when I think I see it.
And the way I see it, even the most evil pseudo-industrial/death metal/goth crap is in the end quite close to being mainstream pop-music when you take into consideration how similar the song structures are, but also the fact that the ‘acolytes’ of this supposedly ‘unconventional’ music often only want something to dance to, like their mainstream backstreet boys-fan or techno moron counterparts.
That’s why I like to refer to a lot of music as ‘dance music’ just to piss people off and to show them that they are hypocrites… :grin:

That is not to say that I am perfect, or that you cannot listen to techno/the backstreet boys/staind/the cure/NIN… I just think you should be honest to yourself about the nature of that music and why you listen to it.

I hope I didn’t come across as a self-righteous little bitch… :bored: I just like to ramble. :wink:

Nah, never your comments are great Fabi. Ruthless and final, thats how a strong mind lives in this world.

Has anyone ever heard of New Found Power? Thats the other members of Pantera, seems like its gonna be another great band to look forward too(for my case), i think Zak Wylde is apart of it too.(Black Label Society/Ozzy)

O-yeah, lately i been to the nin.com, for a while now nothing on the site has been working, untill now :smile: .
Its nothing big or anything, but its a change, so i think NIN might release something new.(if intrested click on the right corner)

Other than that, i know the lead singer of STP(Stone Temple Pilots) is joing the old members of GNR(Guns and Roses) i think its called Reload, not sure yet,but im looking forward to that too. So if any of you people out there heard of anything new and special affecting the metal/rock music of today make a post, and shed some light.

Im a fiend towards new music :bounce:

Yeah, I know about nin.com. :smile: I think they updated it last friday. :content:
Did you know that on one of those pages there is a hidden message? go to nin.com/halo/4.html … then adjust the brightness of your monitor to REALLY bright… soon you should be able to make out a binary code (1’s and 0’s). If you translate those into ASCII it becomes a written text. :grin:

Cant find the hidden message :sad:, every computer i used wont go any brighter than it is :neutral: any other ideas? :eh:

Opeth=Best Band ever! :happy:

They’re neither pop nor underground…but I don’t care…they rock…they’ll be my fav. Band forever :cheesy: A few years ago I thought the same about Slipknot though :bored:

If you like Opeth, try Novembre my second favourite band…or Agalloch or Katatonia… :alien:

@ hubbs: make a screenshot and then play with the colors/brightness/contrast in photoshop or a similar program.

or maybe look at the source code of that particular website… the background pic (4.gif i think) is the message…

Oh, I just noticed where you come from fabi…I live in Hamburg too :cheesy:

/Spam

Athsome dude. We can like have a thweet gay LD meetup. :wink:
Where in Hamburg do you live?

I listen to Katatonia too. They’re pretty cool :cheesy: I have their 2nd album (Brave Murder Day), in which Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is doing the vocals :smile:

Anyone heard of “Sentenced”? If I mentioned there name Down Under, no-one would what im talking about. Anyway, just wondering what other people’s opinion is about this band? I think they are awesome, but from what I can gather they are considered “Posers” and all those other nasty words in country’s like Finland and stuff.

Never heard of them, i dont listen to foreign music. I feel left out :bored:

You ‘foreigners’ should check out In Flames too if you havn’t heard them before. That is a pop/mainstream-melodic death metal band if there ever was one!

And you were right about Opeth. Listening to some of their music right now. :smile:

Once again, does anybody recomend(know) any good songs from Opeth to download?? The couple i did download werent the greatest, so fill me in :happy:.

I give everything a chance :content:
Even Elevator music :eek: