Nose RC - One Theory

I had multiply LD dreams that made me think about that. So I’m in lucid dream and I know that this is a dream no need for RC but I learned that whenever I do one I bring stability and vividness in my dreams so in those LD I did nose RC and after that I started to waking up, sometimes I menage to keep a dream but most of the times it slipped away.

Then I started to think way that happened and my theory is: if we are conscious in dream then we maybe do conscious breathing and maybe we disrupt breathing therefore SP and therefore sleep within the dream. Yes, I know that SP should keep us from doing that but what if there are this specific cases when I manage to do that. Something similar like when you try to WILD and you switch to automatic breathing and then you start thinking about breathing and you disrupt that breathing and SP and you are at the beginning…

I don’t know, my theory because it happened many times. If I wouldn’t know better I would say over excitement but I don’t thing that’s the case because In every dream I was lucid for some time before doing nose RC and then waking up…

Have you ever experienced that or something similar?! :confused:

I guess you could just try to keep inhaling and see if you ever need to exhale. But I’ve personally never had problems with that reality check, it’s usually kept me lucidly anchored pretty well.

I think that if we are consciously breathing in our dream at a regular pace, our body will still be unconsciously breathing. But when we get too excited or something like that and start to breath abnormally, our body will breathe like we breathe in the dream. Your body won’t let you breathe fast for a long time while asleep before waking you up so the fast breathing will be brief.

I thought i would be the only one that wake up every time i try a nose RC!!! :happy:
I thought the same thing because i heard that a method to exit SP is to breath in another way. :content:
sadly i realised that the nose RC was waking me up only after 5-6 LD, and it’s actually the only one that works for me, so all my last LDs were super-short :scream:

Yeah, breathing is something that seems to “bleed through” easily into the lucid dream state…i.e. one’s awareness of it as one is sleeping in bed. It might be that doing RC’s associated with breathing…e.g. the nose check…might too closely associate one with one’s own sleeping form, making premature wake-up a higher risk. I used to check my hands over and over again, once lucid…not to confirm whether or not I was dreaming…but to gather intensity within my lucidity. Eventually, tho, it seemed that I could often do this by simply becoming aware of the “center” of myself in the dream…like becoming aware of my dreaming body as a whole…that seems to do it in terms of intensifying lucidity. Often, though, I need a more pronounced boost…like in a dream I had yesterday, for some reason I began to say “As above…so below!” over and over again, which, for whatever reason it worked. Have no idea why I tried this…just occurred to me during the lucid dream itself…and low-and-behold…it worked! Spontaneous dreaming ingenuity…my favorite kind :happy:

Most of the times I don’t have problem with that RC but sometimes I do and it’s very specific… so it caught my attention.

Over excitement can be the case but I think that I’ve learned how to manage my feelings inside the dream… So I don’t think that’s the case with me…

It looks like you’re not! :tongue: That is problem if only RC that is working for you is the one that wakes you up! :bored:

I do that all the time… It makes my dreams more vivid and life like and also brings stability…

I guess that my problem is whenever I failed with nose RC maybe I thought about it in negative way. Like if I breathe now wouldn’t that maybe wake me up and maybe my mind realized that as signal to wake up… I don’t know, I guess I need to do some more experiments…

Thanks on your replies! Cheers! :grin:

Never ever start to think like this…Really, I ruined my first couple of LD’s with that. I woke up from my first LD after I shouted out: “I’m lucid!” (because I got too excited which I recognized much later). In my LD’s after that, I tried my best NOT to say that I’m lucid as I thought this would wake me up. And everytime the thought of being lucid crossed my mind I started to wake up. It took me some time to realize that I managed to ‘infect’ my mind with the thought that I would wake up if I said that I’m dreaming.

I notice that if I am doing a HNB reality check (which is my favorite by the way) I need to really be conscious that I’m doing a reality check not just go through the motions or it has a much greater fail rate. I think all of LDing is like that at least in my experience. The point is to be conscious in all that you do and not to fall into an auto pilot routine, which is easy to do when you start to have LD’s on a more regular bases this is when I started to experience the drop off of LD’s and started to live my waking life more consciously. For me I think this is what happens RC become mundane like everyday tasks and I start to do them almost unconsciously more then consciously. Sorry I think I strayed a bit from your post.

yeah…been a behind-the-scenes endeavor behind the whole LD endeavor…to bring that of lucid dreaming, slowly like a temptress, into daily waking world…and infused it with the the perpetual magic that seems to be hiding just behind my presumed boredom. and you know what? the more i believe it, the more real it is

I BELIEVE!

:peek:

:wiske:

I guess that’s the reason… But I don’t know why that happened in general. Usually I use nose RC because it’s easy to perform around people and it’s quick and it worked as magic in my dreams… BUT there was some kind of doubt… I guess I’ll need to work on that a little bit more…

I know, it’s the same with me. I mean whenever I do RC it has to be only thing that I’m doing and then I just observe my surroundings, everything becomes more clear and vivid and colors more intense. I never failed in reality checking in a way that I would do RC but not figure out that I’m dreaming only this case where I would wake up after doing RC… Weird…

I know that believing is doing in LD… I gave so many advices about how one needs to believe in order to achieve something in LD that it’s like automatic setting for me in a LD but as it seems not for nose RC :tongue: !

Thanks on your replies!