Nose reality test

I have noticed that if I move my eyes a bit to the side, I will see my nose, so I have been thinking if this could be a reality test? Just move your eyes to the side, and notice if you can see your nose. I haven’t been able to test it in any dream yet, but if it should turn out to that people can’t see their nose in dreams, this would be a great reality test, because it would be really fast and easy. Just move your eye a bit to the side, and notice if your nose is there. If yes, you’re in real life. If it isn’t there… Well, you know. What do you think? Would anyone here (who can see their nose in real life) be interested in checking if their nose is there in their lucid dreams?

:happy:

I think I’ll try that in my next LD. But who knows when will that be.

I don’t think you’re the only one to think of this (sorry…) 'cos this is the one I’ve been told to use from friends IRL about 6 months ago…and now, when I’m doing them IRL, I do the held nose one and this one straight after…you really cant see your nose, its like you can only see the outline of the skin around your eye socket (well it is for me…I did it in a dream once, actually worked…ooh my irvine dream…anyway lol) yeah, it is a really good RC . :grin:

If you look closer, you’ll see that this topic was posted July 2002. Maybe your friends got their idea from this topic?

Yeah maybe…don’t think any of them have ever heard of this particular forum…but it’s gotta be lots of places right? Sorry! :content: