NovaDreamer: any good?

There was this friend I had in high school (and another in college) who had these glasses with LEDs in them. They weren’t dream machines per se but you put them on and the lights simply flashed. My friend said that one time he was wearing them and as the lights flashed images started to appear, at first just swirling light but then turning concrete and before he knew it he was in a dream but awake. Sounds a lot like the techniques where you fall asleep while remaining conscious. This was before I had heard of lucid dreams but I always wanted to try the glasses and never got a chance. Anyone ever heard of these?
I think that they were on the cheaper side… maybe thirty. Anyone ever tried these or know where to get them?

Hi im new here.
i thought i just mite add how i have my lucid dreams.
firstly i reckon all the goggles etc are a wastage.
if you want to have lucid dreams there is only one way the long way.
i use a laptop plugged into a small speaker above my head on my bed. i use one of the programs you can download around the place to give you the cue in a certain time. i use the sound “you are dreaming” and after about 2 weeks of dissapointment it comes trust me
keep at it all the people who cant do it its worth the time.

by the way i suggest if you want to use the speaker approach that you make sure they dont make much bass. i experimented with it and i found that bass woke me up outside the dream but high tone did not.

sounds like the glasses to me, you are just using sound insted of light. Both is effecting the dream so it should work. I think I might try with both on at once. If you start see flashing light in your dream while someone are saying to you that you are dreaming, I think you’ll take the hint :smile:

The only one problem is that i dont sleep much, only about 1-3 hours a night and i dont know when im gonna go 2 sleep :bored:

Typical problem. I guess It will balance soon and you’ll sleep 13hr or more (happend to me) If not you might have a problem, 1-3hr of sleep is way to litle.

I have a NovaDreamer which I use on and off… not much success yet… I have seen flashes incorporated into dreams (explosions, etc.) that I have only recognized when I woke up, but I haven’t been seeing any lately… I have it cranked up to the Deep Sleeper setting (very bright, loud, and long), with a high sensitivity (giving 30+ cues per night)… it boggles my mind that I really don’t notice that, because otherwise, I’m a pretty light sleeper. The other thing that makes it difficult is that it is quite uncomfortable to wear, limiting sleeping positions (I like to bury my face in or under the pillow… you pretty much need to be on your back for the ND’er).
I think it would be most useful in combination with some success with other techniques, but I’ve been not very successful with anything :-(.

Peace,
Sruthan