Odd words in dreams

Hmmm this may not apply to the topic, but the other night I met a girl whose nickname was “ChanChan” :happy: It has japanese pronounciation.

“Reamunnition” meaning “Resupply”

I love this one:

A few days ago my dream contained a ‘foreign language’, which was really just English written backwards. I realised this straight away, but everybody else was dense and insisted it was foreign. I came across a cinema showing an R-rated (highest rated) ‘foreign’ movie, the title of which was “dnoceS a ma I”, which is obviously “I am a Second” backwards and made no sense whatsoever.

“Putililies” or something similar. It was a school’s name o_o

I’ve got two, both from NDs. One was from when I was about 5-6 years old. It was in a FA actually… I fake woke up in my bed, laying on my back (surprise!) and I started swinging my arm around for no reason, that’s not important anyway. The important thing: I heard a female voice from above, from nowhere. She said “uh oh, it’s time for COCKLENUTS again!” Then an albino Kermit the Frog barged in the room and I woke up (I used to have recurring nightmares about Kermit!)
I know cocklenuts sounds dirty but I was only 5 so it was completely innocent and creepy at the time.

A rather recent one:
I’m eating dinner with some people, amongst one of them is a rather fancy, foppish guy. He puts ketchup on his food and remarks “ah, the Tomato of Calvary.” In the dream it was clear that this was some sort of super-fancy or archaic word for ketchup. I googled it after I woke up, thinking it might actually be some weird fact that I saw on discovery channel. no dice. seemed plausible to me though, like Calvary was the place where they invented ketchup maybe (like the Earl of Sandwich invented sandwiches for instance).

Actually, it made me think of cockle shells. Mmmm, clams, yum.

In today’s dream I was given a book of poetry as a present. The author’s name was something like Tautoy or Talstoy (can’t remember exactly), and he was supposed to be a really famous poet. The name seemed really familiar, and still does, so I’m wondering whether there is really a well-known poet whose name resembles this. I know almost nothing about poets, but perhaps I heard the name somewhere and my subconscious remembered it for me. Anyone have any ideas?

There is a Russian novelist names Leo Tolstoy. He wrote war and peace.

Let’s see… Before I heard about this forum, I once had a ND in which I was walking down a street and a man shouted at me, in a sort of mean way, “Shmiga Malliko!”, then shouted, “Glaca!” over and over again. That was so freaky… :scared:

What an interesting dream… It sort of made me think about a dream I once had when I was about 8 in which toys fell from the sky… One of them being a Kermit the Frog plushie. :tongue:

Haha i had a dream about these people who’s hobby it was to race the emergency services to emergencies.

The last thing in the dream was something about a spider that i intended to post into this topic… though ive now forgotten it. Haha good dream anyway…

Today, the word “paradigmasium” slipped out in my dream. Its context made it sound like it means “paradigm” but in a much more slang-friendly way.

The other night I had a dream where I had left my stuff in a room, and figured I should see what room number it was so I would remember where the stuff was. But when I looked at the sign, all it said was GORLD. “Gorld?” I thought. “What does gorld even mean?” :neutral:

I asked a DC what his name was and he said “King Ae.”

ROFL!
That’s hilarious, hahahaha, I want to have dreams like that. :sad:
lol

A fence built to keep the ungodly people out is called a “nim”, just so you know it.

There was a guy in my dream with a nametag that said “Chs.” :neutral:

I dreamt with an arcade machine called Multri Amon

For the entire dream, check out my DJ.

I’m boring, haven’t had much experience with other/weird languages in dreams. I sometimes speak japanese in dreams though. And sometimes DCs speak japanese and I don’t understand them.

But once I was in a catfight with a girl in a ND and I said “I’ll beat the crip out of you”. Maybe my dreams are censored?! :tongue:

And in another ND, one girl asked me where I’m from. And I told her and she went like “Aaah, I know! You are from Esse!”. I said “No, I’m not from Esse. I’m from (insert real location).” And she still insisted “No, you’re from Esse”.
I did a search on Esse in Google. :cool_laugh: Found nothing interesting.

edit: She could have also meant Hesse, though. Hesse is in Germany. :eh:

I just had my first “weird word” expereince.
I was buying ice cream, and I had to choose between a lot of “egzotic” flavours. There were some people waiting in the line behind, so the ice cream man told me to hurry up.
I choose opata and banana. Seemed perfectly normal at the time but now… opata… :eh:
Anyway, I searched wikipedia for “opata” and it actually means something…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opata
Right ater that I saw a really gorgeous girl and she ordered the same flavours and then I woke up :sad:

In dream playing scrabble with somebody. The write ORE (pronounced Orah) twice which is supposed to be one of the oldest words in English it means “over the moon”.