One question

I have a question concerning DILD. This is when someone is already dreaming and then become lucid through realizing that they’re dreaming right?

If that is correct, then how do you go about doing that? I’ve had many dreams that I can easily recall that now I see it couldn’t have possibly been real, but how can you tell that in your dream? I’m curious to know, because last night, I remembered a vivid dream that seemed rather long at the time. I just wish I could have made myself realize that it was a dream. My only problem is that everything seems to real and natural that I don’t know how to bring myself to the realization that it’s only a dream.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :content:. Thank you in advance
:happy:. :twirl: That smiley is awesome.

Here’s some info on DILD.

Yes, you realize it’s a dream when you’re in the dream itself. You accomplish this by doing reality checks. (
RC) Check how many fingers you have, or see if the clock reads symbols. You do this during the day to build up a habit for when you sleep. More info is available on the forum. :smile:

Feel free to ask questions, we’re here for you. :wave:

:wolb:

Hello rejectedromance :wave:

Yes, a DILD is a lucid dream, where you become lucid within the dream. The best way to accomplish this is to become familiar with what is dreamlike about your dreams, so that you can identify dreamlike situations and become lucid.
First, you’ll need to start a dream journal. Once you have about a dozen dreams written down, go over them and pick out any common instances or events. The weirder, the better. For example, if you dreamt of the same red car every night, then that would be what is called a dreamsign, a cue that lets you know you may be dreaming. Now, whenever you see a red car, you’ll know to ask yourself if you’re dreaming. You do this with a reality check, which you can read about on the main site :yes:
If all goes well, you’ll notice a dreamsign and ask this question while you’re dreaming…then you’ll have had a DILD.
The more you reality check and the more DILDs you have, the better you will get at lucid dreaming in this manner.

You can also use autosuggestion to induce a DILD. Autosuggestion is like hypnosis. All you really need to do is suggest to yourself that at some point or another in the near future, you will realize you’re dreaming while you’re dreaming. Autosuggestion can be very effective if done properly :smile:

The above posts have got this pretty well-covered. DILDs are based on the idea that the things you do during the day tend to spill over into your dreams. If you’re constantly asking yourself during the day if you’re dreaming, you’ll start to ask yourself the same thing in your dreams. And there are certain tests (reality checks, as Wolf mentioned) that will confirm whether you are or aren’t. Plugging your nose and seeing if you can breathe seems to be a very effective one. After all, your real body keeps breathing even if you prevent your “dream body” from breathing.

Hi rejectedromance! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

That’s absolutely normal. It’s the same with everybody and it’s the only reason why we don’t have LD’s every night. :smile:

The principle of DILD is to induce a part of your waking consciousness to show itself into your dreams. This can be made through the questioning about “reality” of dreams (RC’s) or through suggesting yourself to realize you’re dreaming (MILD/autosuggestion) or by forcing your attention to be aware of something in your dreams (the “find your hands” technique).

I have been working on RC’s a lot and right now I’m not having the best of luck :-P. I’ve been very busy lately and I think I have found myself to worn out to remember to many of my dreams so I’m having trouble recalling them. I will continue to work on it though.

I’m happy, it’s the weekend and I’m going to try some WBTB and hopefully I will achieve something through that. I appreciate all of your help :smile:.

Also make sure the reality checks you do perform throughout the day are meaningfully performed. That is you really stop to question your reality. If you make this a habit, DILD will come much easier

I tried doing RCs but I don’t think they had any effect

I find for RCs to really be effective, you’ve got to do a lot of them. 10 or more a day works well for me.

They are efficient but you have to sort of wonder whether you dream or not while performing a RC IRL. And expect it to work. If you perform it like automatically, it’s not really good.

Answer: Keep doing them! Like Basilus said, actually question whether you’re awake or not. (It sounds silly, but do it! :content: ) The more you do it, the better a habit it’ll become and the more it’ll pop into your dreams. :grin: