Opinions for a ND challenge wanted.

I had this Idea. Since there are a couple Lucid Challenges and Quests. So how about a ND Challenge.

Some people sign up and then submit their dreams for the week. At the end of said week we then vote on best dream content, how well written they are, and announce who had the most dreams recalled.

It could be you just submit only your best dreams from the week and then tell us how many you have recalled throughout that week.

Votes would be cast at the end either through post or you could pm me if you want it to be anonymous to the rest of the world.

We would announce how many votes everyone got for each category, as well as who had the highest number of dreams recalled.

LDs could count as well but they would probably need to be voted on separately, having their own content category.

I think this would be a good way to help improve dream recall as well as recording quality.

I am just wondering your opinions on this, and who would sign up if we did it.

Thanks,

~Dreamjutsu~

Sounds like a great idea! I’d participate. :smile:

I think it’s an awesome idea and I’m in :smile:
Lately I’ve been kinda lazy keeping a DJ so I guess this should help :razz:

Ok, cool. Do you all have any suggestions or do you think that I have it figured out pretty well already?

This sounds like a great idea! Instead of being just a challenge on Dream Recall though, I think it would also be good if it was a challenge on Dream Incubation. For instance, you could have people try to incubate a certain scenario in their NDs.

Oh yeah that would be cool. Also I’ll think of a points system so we can discuss that too.

When I saw the title, I thought it would be about incubation of certain themes. I was a little disappointed that it would be judgement of actual dreams themselves and writing style.

@moogle
Yeah Vampirism45 had said something about incubated dreams too and now that you have brought it up as well it think it would be fun to do. I am adding it to the scoring/rules thing I am working up as I type this.

Let me know any other suggestions you have. The scoring/rules beta should be up in a few minutes.

Edit: Make that half an hour or so :tongue:

Scoring method ideas V1.0

10 points per ND recalled
15 points per LD recalled
20 points per personal choice incubated dream
20 points per late incubation challenge dream
30 points per current incubation challenge dream
30 points per best dream vote
30 points per best writing ability vote

Every few days an Incubation Challenge will be announced. Like every Sunday and Wednesday. Your goal is to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream, lucid or not about the current or past challenge.
Example
For every ND you have you get 10 points. If that dream completes the challenge you get 10 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 10 + 30 (for current challenge) Same for an LD 15 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 15 + 30 (for current challenge)

Throughout the week you can submit your best dreams for the other participants to vote on. They will be voted on best content, and best writing style.
Best dreams are best submitted as a spoiler in a post as to avoid clutter and confusion. You may submit as many dreams as you feel nesessary but please only put the ones you feel are above average.

You have 4 votes, two per category, and one for your first and second picks in each category.
You cannot vote for yourself. (not that you would :tongue: )
You cannot vote for the same dream twice in the same category. Same person, yes but different dreams. Votes may be submitted via post or by pm for sake of being anonymous. You receive 30 points per vote.

Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

So what do you think? Does it make sense? Anything you feel needs to be added or left out?

Edit: I’ve just had a thought, we could do the voting based on their dream journal for the period of the challenge instead of individual dreams. That way it would increase the initiative for good dream journal quality in general and not just for the dreams you post. :happy: What do you think?

Sounds good. In addition to encouraging good dream journal quality, it will also encourage reading of others DJs :happy:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, so how about this?

Scoring method ideas V2.0

10 points per ND recalled
15 points per LD recalled
20 points per personal choice incubated dream
20 points per late incubation challenge dream
30 points per current incubation challenge dream
30 points per most interesting Dream Journal vote
30 points per most well written Dream Journal vote

Every few days an Incubation Challenge will be announced. Like every Sunday and Wednesday. Your goal is to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream, lucid or not about the current or past challenge.
Example
For every ND you have you get 10 points. If that dream completes the challenge you get 10 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 10 + 30 (for current challenge) Same for an LD 15 + 20 (for personal or late challenge) or 15 + 30 (for current challenge)

Throughout the week the other participants may read your Dream Journal to vote on. They will be voted on best content, and best writing style. Please put a link to your DJ when you sign up.

You have 4 votes, two per category, and one for your first and second picks in each category.
You cannot vote for yourself. (not that you would )
You cannot vote for the same person twice in the same category. Votes may be submitted via post or by pm for sake of being anonymous. You receive 30 points per vote.
You do not have to vote if you do not want to.

Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

Well I guess if no one has any suggestion/ objections I’ll get the signups started in the next few days.

I don’t keep my dreamjournal online here at this site. Does that mean I cannot participate by only posting what I feel are my best dreams for the week?

Yes, I suppose you could just post your better dreams for others to vote on, or you could just do the challenges without having your DJ voted on, but that would put you at a disadvantage. Maybe since you were going to post some anyways you could start a Dream Journal. I’m sure there are lost of people who would love to read your dreams. A good portion of why I made this is to help people improve their DJ quality and to encourage people to read other’s DJs…

you could just make a temp dream journal in the dream journal forum. it can always be removed afterwards if you don’t want it left up.

That sounds like a great idea. I think I’ll start the signups now. You can find them here. If you have any question or suggestion I’ll be glad to help.

:truit: truits self.

added it into sign up topic … how are you going to deal with dream fragments in the points system?

I’ve made the sign-up topic sticky now so it will stay at the top of the page.

@moogle
I suppose it would be more of a personal choice. For me I would only count dreams I can remember something about, fragments included. So like “I had a dream that had something to do with a car” would count, while “I know I had a dream I just can’t recall anything about it” wouldn’t count. Make sense?

Oh, and no need to truit yourself. Maybe you should check out this topic some more. :razz:

I’ve just had another thought. What about chaining, would you consider this a form of induced dreams? If so we maybe could add in some points for chaining dreams.

Chaining is an induction where you enter a similar dream to the last one without being up too long (DEILD is a good example of chaining :cool_raz: )