Pain in LDs?

I already posted in another topic where I got shot… That was a ND anyway.
A LD example I can give is the time I tried flying really high and slammed my face into the sky “ceiling”.
Yeah, that hurt. :tongue:

normally, i dont feel pain. I’ve been shot, stabbed, etc. and all that happens is everything goes black and I find myself right before I did the action that got me shot or stabbed. However, whenever i get punched, kicked, shot, stabbed, etc. in the solar plexus it hurts so badly I cant relate it to anything in RL

I can barely report a songle experience of pain in a ND, and that’s because vividness and participation in my dreams has increased since the whole LD thing:
I was saving a seal from 2 belugas, i was underwater, and those 2 belugas bit me, one for each foot! And it hurt so badly, I screamed and lost all my air, breathing some water in (could have catched that dreamsign :tongue:). But I’ve even been shot before, and it didn’t hurt in the slightest. Too many videogames in my young age, I suppose. :tongue:

I’ve had dreams that pain IRL affected my dreams,like the day i had had a dream that a welding torch tank blew up next to me and my ear was bleeding,i woke up and my ear HURT,then i noticed my baby cousin was pokeing me in the ear drum :no: lil brat :smile:

Hmm strange… What kinda pain did you feel? Did it last long?

I can relate to th “Weird dream, nasty pain. REALLY hurt, and for a long time.” post. I was shot by a dalek in a ND when i was a kid. It was that bad, I still remember it - i know what it feels like to be ‘exterminated’!

Generally, tho i often feel pain in NDs/LDs. But then i do IRL, so i think it’s transitioned into my dreems.

I can’t remember feeling pain in any dreams right now(just to note, my memory does fail me sometimes). They usually have a sort of numbness in them. Once I did have my insides torn out and felt the beast’s claws scraping my spine but that’s about it I think.

Well, haven’t had LD yet but yes i do feel pain in dreams.

u think u feel pain but your not i dont know how to explaiin it
but i can tell the difference between real pain and fake pain

i like sort of exaggerate in ld state lol

I somehow got lightning in my hands tonight when i did counting-finger-RC. I clearly felt the lightning shocks as if they were real, but there were absolutely no pain at all!
Then i flied away :content:

i feel pain but maybe cuz thats how i have ma head programed
i wanna take precautions in LD 's because i dont wanna just be like weee

and then i act it on real life and get screwed lol

I also feel pain in dreams. Once I fell from a roof, and my legs hurt real bad when I hit the ground. It did however turn the dream into a lucid dream, because I realised I’d have died if I was awake. But the pain persisted for quite some time, and I remember being surprised that I didn’t wake up because of it.

On the occasions when I’ve felt pain in a LD I find that it’s very realistic. Once I tried to fly by leaping into the air but it didn’t work and I just fell to the earth which hurt a lot just as it would do in real life. I remember being confused when it hurt as I’d read that in dreams you could feel no pain. That dream was very vivid and realistic and I remember doubting at that point as to whether I was actually in a lucid dream or awake. Then later on in the same dream I was fighting with a DC and he kept kicking me and punching me in the stomach. So to escape I woke up on purpose and remember feeling bruised where the DC had hit me. That feeling lasted quite for quite a while after I’d woken up, which is bizzare as I’d sustained no actual injury. xD

that has happend to me
your body acts out on it

i dont know how to explain that right there

Yes I feel pain in lucid and normal dreams too. So pinching myself as a RC would work. Though the pain in a normal dream is a very strange one, it’s a very irritating and VERY painful pain. It can continue for a long time, I always try to wake myself, but usually I get into a SP should I succeed. If I’m fully awake the pain stop immediately.

I find if it’s self inflicted I get no pain eg flying and face planting onto a road from 200 metres
but if someone or something else does it I get pretty realistic pain eg getting bitten by a tigre shark while having a swim it feels like iv been stabbed but disappears seconds later.

What happens once though was in a dream I got shot by a terrorist in the stomach, didn’t hurt as much as it should of but when I woke up cramps and pains in my stomach stuck around all day (wierd)

I had a fishing hook in my finger with some blood in a ND a while ago but i had no pain at all, perhaps a little tickling but no more.