Poll: Lds

just wondering.
1.How many people here have actually had lds?
2.How many?
3.How stable are they? What do you use to stablize them?
4.How satisfying are they?
5.How long are they?
6.Did you get to do what you wanted?
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?

Mostly, I wanted to know #'s 1,2, and 3. Because it seems as though most people here are not really good at it, but are giving it all they’ve got.
:slight_smile:
Thank you.

i havent had any

okay. Next?

Me!
2.How many?
Uh, nothing yet. Still learning.
Very, because I’m progressing. :happy:
5.How long are they?
Average of 46 seconds so far. (2 seconds and a 1 1/2 minutes)
No! Not enough time!
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?

Probably less than 10%

1. Yep, me!
  2. 190 registered so far
  3. 75% of them isn’t stable enough so I wake up too soon from them. The rest is ok. I use hand rubbing, touching dream objects and avoiding to gaze at one point to stabilize the dream. But this doesn’t always help…
  4. I’m not quite satisfied in general, because I have the feeling I could have reached more in most LDs I’ve had. There are however about 10 really extraordinary LDs which were highly satisfactory and healing. But lately I haven’t experienced really interesting LDs.
  5. On average about 4-6 minutes with a few exceptions from up to 30 minutes.
  6. Some things yes but there’s still lots of work to do. First I need to be able to prolong LDs before I continue to explore its possibilities in depth.
  7. Hm no idea actually but I’ll give it a try, based upon the dutch forum. There are currently about 350 dutch users. Suppose this is 1% of the total dutch LD community. That makes 35000 dutch LDers upon a population of 15 million, which is about 0.25%. If we extrapolate this to the world population of 6.3 billion, we get the following numbers: 0.25% of 6.3 billion gives almost 16 million people who have a basic understanding of LD induction. Does this sound realistic?

1.yes,me
2.two a month average:(
3.kinda stable,i usually rub my hands togheter or touch dream objects
4.depends what girls i meet there:)
5.between 5 and 30 mins
6.not yet…and i dont think i ever will…theres just too many things to do and new ideas are still coming in
7.dont know…10%?
take care

1. ME! :cool_laugh:
  2. Only 3 e.e
  3. Very stable, the second one I stared at my hands, The third I touched an enourmous amount of dream objects.
  4. AWESOME :cool_laugh:
  5. My 3rd lasted for more than an hour IRL o_o
  6. No, I couldnt fly or teleport :sad:
  7. I’d less than 3%, so few…

I have!
2.How many?
In total, my whole life… I’d say about 8.
In the earlier LDs I didn’t know anything about stabilisation techniques; later on I remembered to rub my hands and spin around, but I lost the LD - it was very low level.
Pretty cool. So far I’ve only had one LD that was highly lucid (most are low-level) and it was great. When I get down because I’m not having LDs I remind myself of that one for new motivation. ^^
5.How long are they?
The longest LD I’ve had lasted about 5 to 10 minutes.
I flied and stuck my hand through a wall; in another low-level LD I attempted to control soccer players during a match (was partially succesfull.) I still want to meet my spirit guide, though.
Heck if I know. :grin:

1. I have!
  2. Technically 3; 1 where I became lucid and stayed in the dream, and 2 where I became aware that I was dreaming, but decided to wake up.
  3. I’m going to try spinning and “Increase lucidity now” whenever I have the chance.
  4. I don’t know until I take advantage of them! Non-LD dreams are working for me, but I’m striving for more.
  5. I haven’t actually timed them and I don’t really know how.
  6. I tried calling some people in my dream. They came, but they walked away soon after.
  7. Only the people open to the idea and who take it seriously enough, but have fun with it while they are dreaming.
  1. I have!!
  2. Don’t know the exact amount, around 30-50.
  3. Just lately i’ve been making progress with making them more stable, I’ve been saying Increase Clarity, and I rub my hands together.
  4. Very satisfying, even when I have low level or short LDs, they still put me in a good mood the whole day.
  5. Anywhere from 1-10 minutes
  6. Yeah some things, but there’s still so many more things I want to do.
  7. I have no idea.
  1. 0_o
  2. Since i started counting, about 35
  3. Most quite stable, some not. Use rubbing hands, works ok.
  4. Very.
  5. 3 to 15 mins, average about 6.
  6. Sometimes :smile:
  7. Less then 1%
  1. No.
    I think the rest is irrelevant. :cry:

Count me in.
2.How many?
I don’t write them all down, so I lost count quite a while ago. Usually at least a couple per week.
Recently, stability hasn’t been much of an issue. The first thing I do is stand still and focus until everything’s nice and stable.
Well, I don’t just sit around… :wink:
5.How long are they?
5 to 10 minutes, I guess. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.
Usually, but then I don’t really decide what I want to do until the dream starts and I discover where I am.
Not anywhere near enough.

wowwee. That is lot of people.

Jack:"depends what girls i meet there:) " does that mean what I think it does?

Mystic, I wish to learn from you. you’ve had most I’ve seen so far.

I forgot to answer questions myself. How silly no?
and 13 million seems like an awful lot. Considering that (Most often) it takes a literate person and much of the world is not, I would get my figure from the worlds literate. I’d give it 6 million myself, but I don’t know.
Trung Of Wu wrote:
just wondering.
I have
2.How many?
aproximately 30
Most often not very stable. I use the “Do nothing, it’ll stabilize itself” trick. :slight_smile:
I feel good when i do them, but my power is limited.
5.How long are they?
from 3 seconds to 16 minutes
not really. end too soon.

thanks guys. Anymore?

1. I have.
  2. Lost count, but i usually had atleast a couple a week, but the last few months has been bad.
  3. Varies on level of lucidity. Rubbing my hands to stabilize them.
  4. A high level LD that are long are nearly allways very satisfying. :smile:
  5. from 10 seconds to 20mins max
  6. if it is a high level one, yeah
  7. no clue, probably less than 5%, though the majority have experienced atleast 1 in their lifetime though they do not know what they are.

another question to add. What do you DO in your dreams?

.How many people here have actually had lds?
I have :smile:
2.How many?
two, but who’s counting
Um, first one was pretty ok. the second one was really really good for a few minutes, then completly lost in the end
REALLY satisfying, since I’ve been trying for about a year, I feel really good when I suceede!
5.How long are they?
1st was about a minute, 2nd was a few minutes
I got to fly and that’s the reason I started trying to LD in the first place
uh, I would say 5-10% maybe, how would I know :happy:

1.enough to make a movie, and me
2.10-15
3.its a long line of progress, so i notice most lds while im dreaming, so old memories help me stabilize, like noticing things from my childhood and such.
4.Its the best :happy: !, it makes me want to quit smoking, so you can only imagine how satisfying it is :bounce:.
5.Well, since the beginning they where short, but ever since then every ld seems longer then the last one. So theoretically about 20-45 minutes, that just an estimate i dont actually time myself :eh:
6.Yes!!! Flying in about everyone of them, and playing with my surroundings too.
7.You’d be surprised

To answer your questions,

1. I do almost everynight.
  2. To many to count. About 17 years worth.
  3. Usually high lucidity. Nowadays I can raise lower ones to high lucidity.
  4. Beyond words. The best.
  5. pretty long. most of time all night as one long one.
  6. Of course.
  7. Not enough
  1. ME!
  2. 3 so far, not counting all the times I realize it’s a dream and go straight to a FA. (which I think is pretty good. Started just a few weeks ago)
  3. Not very stable yet. To stabilize I use spinning, rubbing hands and yelling “clarity now”.
  4. Very. When I have had an LD I just feel good the whole next day.
  5. I’d say it’s an average of 1.5min. But they seem to last longer each time.
  6. Some of it. I did fly :grin:. There is still so much I want to do, and I guess I will find more things all the time.
  7. Not very many I think. To seek out LD and actually try to comprehend it, I think you have to be somewhat more open-minded than most people.