Possible wild technique

I have never WILDed before, and previous to last night I have never even gotten close.

This was (to my surprise) when I went to bed initially (I didn’t do WBTB at all).

I had some headphones on, listening to this lucid induction cd, and the volume was at about half. After about 1 and a half times through the mp3 (about 40 minutes) I was so relaxed I was beginning to drift in and out of sleep. So I’d be in a dream for a minute or so and something would happen in the mp3 to wake me up a bit (Have you ever noticed that when you’re falling asleep in a room with other people and right before you fall asleep you become really really sensitive to random little noises that people make?), like talking or note changes. I had come close to falling asleep 2 or three times and then just layed there, extremely relaxed, listening to the music and wave washes in the background.

at this point I rolled onto my back (with my head turned sideways) and started seeing “waves” in my vision. It’s hard to describe… the only thing that’s like it is what you see after looking at this: datordoktorn.kojv.net/program/lsd.zip

I didn’t really notice (I saw them, but they were soothing and went with the sound), and just layed there focusing on the waves. Then, seemingly randomly, there was like a hole in the fabric of the blackness you see when you close your eyes, and I could see some strange pattern behind (It was fairly bright). The holes were moving around to the right, and the minute I thought to myself “Hey, what’s that!” I became too conscious and opened my eyes.

Agh. Anyone try something like this with music? I think I came close to seeing HI

i think you actually saw HI!
i wish i could get so conscious i just opened my eyes!
i usually am pretty much awake. when i notice i’m HIing the image just fades away! damn…
keep trying

LOL ! Funny program !
What you describe are perhaps textured and elaborated phosphenes, but I haven’t any explanation about the “waves” you saw.

That’s what generally happens. It rather hard to make them last (IMO).

I made a post on that program ages ago, so I want the credit. ME! ME! ME! :smile:

It might have something to do with the fact I sleep on a water bed AND was listening to the wave washes in the lucid induction CD when they happened.

Still, I wasn’t just imagining them (I know that for sure).

@DePerc: Yea, I found it on this forum (could’nt find the original post or I would’ve linked to that instead :razz:)

LOL! Funny program, DePerc! :wink:

just testing…