Problem with dream recall

Well first of all, I’m good at WILD and actually getting into the dreams, and have no problem getting into the dream, but my problem is with dream recall, I barely remember dreams, and when I lucid dream, i only remember small fragments of it. I’ve just started a dream journal, and sofar I only have two entries. So I have a few questions.

1. How long will it take of having a DJ to have good dream recall??
  2. Will my dream recall eventually end up as clear and vivid as if it happened in real life?
  3. Is there anything else I can do to help my dream recall?

Thanks a lot :happy:

Well, as someone who hasn’t had any LDs, but is equally concerned with dream recall, I would recommend that you try firstly to convince yourself that you will recall your dreams. Dream-related things tend to be easier when you are enthusiastic about them. Second, try looking at this interesting experiment I saw in the lucid lab.

Good luck! :dream:

Thanks, and also, was this in the wrong section? lol

Edit: and no, this is not in the wrong section. DR directly impacts the ability to become lucid/ have more vivid lucid dreams.

Hi, Gutana, welcome to ld4all :welcome: Glad to hear you don’t have a problem with WILD, a lot of us around here seem to run into issues with it. I’m going to take a quick moment to answer your questions.

1. That will vary from person to person. The more details you write in your journal, the more your mind will pick up on the fact that it is important to remember. If you wake up with no recall, lay still for a few seconds and try to think about what you were doing before going to bed or as you were falling asleep. Write down anything you get, even if its just a single image or a feeling.

2. If you stick to your DJ and keep giving yourself that intention, then there is no reason why not :content:

3. Yes. Set an alarm for 5-6 hours after you go to sleep, and every 90 minutes following. This will roughly line up with your sleep cycles and usually makes for better recall and vivid dreams. I myself get my best dreams in the morning between the alarms.

The biggest thing you need to do with recall is to go to sleep telling yourself that you will remember your dreams when you wake up. Picture yourself waking up and writing it down in your DJ. If you still find issues with DR, ask yourself (and I mean literally ask yourself) why you aren’t recalling them. Your SC is designed to solve such problems for you and that’s one of the best ways of giving it an intention; give it a question and it will try to find an answer.

Anywho, best of luck. Let us know if you need something else :content: