Qualified Dream Yoga teachers

Hello, Dreamers!
I am interested in dream yoga and would like to learn more about it. A good teacher makes a great difference and I would like to find a qualified teacher and learn more about Tibetan dream yoga. But I don’t know where can I find qualified teachers. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks a lot!

Nobody knows? :sad:

You could try actually going to Tibet, but they might ask you to give up your job to wear the robe, and chop wood and carry water up the stairs and stuff. And also learn another language.

I suppose you can also try searching for academic papers about Tibetan monastics and yogis, but that’s probably going to be more about teaching people what they do for the historical value, rather than teaching people what they do so that other people can also do it. If it were easy, then everyone would be doing it.

dreamyoga.com/tibetan-dream- … -resources
This might help.
I am very interested too in this.

Link to vendor removed.
I might get check this out too.

You can use the ‘edit’ button to add to a previous post instead of making a new one. And welcome to LD4all!! :mattias:

I would love a tibetan dream yoga teacher, travelling to tibet is a bit out of my price range but I am looking at joining a buddhist group nearby for weekly teachings and meditations.

Hi,

I am a practising Tibetan Buddhist, I want to note that finding a qualified teacher is not so difficult, there are many good lama’s in the West that give teachings, you don’t have to travel to Tibet (or better India or Nepal, because in Tibet Buddhism is under great pressure by the Chinese) for that. You can find them everywhere in the world nowerdays.

But it is not so easy to get these teachers teaching you dreamyoga. Dreamyoga is seen as a very advanced tantric teaching. A qualified teacher normally will only transmit this teaching to you and guide you if you seem to be a qualified student. Normally it is required to undertake preliminary practises first, 100.000 times some physical action, 100.000 times repeating a specific mantra, and so on… It takes years.

I started with these kind of prelimenary practises under guidance of my lama, I am halfway, I hope afther this he will teach me and guide me on dream yoga.

So, first of all search for a Tibetan centre in your neighborhood, and attend some teachings and practises on meditation and the like, if you find it interesting and you find a good teacher who gives you lot of confidence, approache him to ask for higher teachings. Normally he will then make you start with these prelimenary practises, you will have to have a lot of patience.

Anyhow, in the mean time you are free to read about it and experiment with dreamyoga on your own, it is not the same as having this precious guidance, but experimenting is always good, but you will not progress that fast as under a qualified teacher. But anyhow, it can plant seeds so your real practise will develop much faster in the future and it can strengthen your motivation to go the whole way (including prelimenary practises and all).

I have posted some info about dreamyoga, actually meditation, but in dreams, it is part of dreamyoga, here: https://community.ld4all.com/t/have-the-ability-to-control-dreams-but-chooses-not-too/39357/19

Also a very good book about dreamyoga and lucid dreaming:
Alan Wallace, Dreaming Yourself Awake - Lucid Dreaming and Tibetan Dream Yoga for Insight and Transformation - Shambhala (2012)

It shows some very valuable excercises, and very good information. If you are interested in dreamyoga this is a must to read! It gives you enough information to experiment with it for years.

Also, I know one teacher who is more easy going with transmitting these kind of high teachings to Westerners: Tulku Lama Lobsang. He used to give dreamyoga retreats once and awhile, and if you meet him and ask for it, he will do his best to help you. He often gives teaching in different European Country’s, I don’t know about the US, just google “Tulku Lama Lobsang” and you will find more information about him, a very special person, young, dynamic and very different then most teachers.

Good luck.