Question about sleep paralysis/WILD

Obviously, WILD is not the good technique for you, Dramon. Why did you choose this technique though very few people masterize it ? (For instance, I’ve 65 DILDs and no one WILD, and I’m trying WILDing for years.)
If you haven’t the faintest result with WILD, try another technique. :grin:

Were my words encouraging enough ? :rofl:

How do you go about inducing DILDs?

And yes, your words were encouraging. :wink: I’d forgotten there were other techniques besides WILD. :eek:

BTW, how does having good dream recall/keeping dream journal help in getting LD’s?

You mostly get DILDs by doing MILD. And you don’t really get that many LDs even if you have great dream recall :sad: But if you fail with WILD you might also get a DILD anyway :cool:

So MILD is a spotty way to get LD’s?

See, this is why I wanted to do WILDs. I don’t wanna spend weeks trying MILD only to get 1 LD every once in a while. I wanna be able to get them regularly.

But I guess, MILD is the best I’ve got…

With practice, you WILL be able to get LD’s at will with MILD. Stephen LaBerge, the author of EWLD, has mastered the technique and can get an LD virtually anytime he wants using MILD.

You’ll find a lot of DILD methods on the Lucid Dreaming Wikibook (chapter Induction techniques).
:grrr: They’ve always forgotten to write my favourite DILD technique, the “Find Your hands” technique…

To lucid dream you have to be aware you are dreaming. Practicing dream recall and keeping a DJ are tools for helping you become more aware of your dreams. By writing them down you will start to notice consistencies in your dreams that can be used as aids in becoming lucid.

Also, if you don’t have good dream recall you won’t remember any of your lucid dreams.

I do not know if I believe that to be true. I never seem to have any problem remembering even low level lucid dreams. I just find it hard to believe I could forget a lucid dream.

Well, I know I’ve forgotten lucid dreams. I don’t count them in my DJ or anything, because when I wake up the only I know is that I was lucid. I can’t explain how I know, but I do. I might remember very vaguely an object or two from the dream but that’s it.

I think Milod is right, seems that lucid dreams are stored also in short-term memory and not only the part where dreams are stored (dream memory?). I guess the fact that you are lucid causes this (and the higher lucid the better).

Just few days ago, when waking up, I wondered if I would write my dreams down, cause what I remembered wasn’t interesting. Then I decided to note them… luckily ! When I began to write my dreams, I suddenly remember a lucid dream I had this night ! :smile: I didn’t remember it before, because it ended in a normal dream and I didn’t wake up just after it.
So it’s possible to forget LD’s.

Well, I’ve been keeping a DJ for the last two days. My dreams are extremely strange, they make no sense whatsoever. I don’t know how the hell I don’t figure out I’m not in a dream.

Ok, I have completely failed in attaining any ld’s. I’ve been at this for over a month.

Moreover, I’ve managed to somehow give myself really bad insomnia. It takes me 2 hours to go to sleep every night, and I only stay asleep for 5 or 6 hours before waking up. Once I wake up I can’t go back to sleep.

Anyone experience anything like this? I’m feeling like shit right now, this lucid dreaming crap’s f’ed me up pretty bad…

Seems like you better take a break then, like a few weeks or months perhaps. Too bad about your problems, being fed up with it and becomming insmoniac are for sure not gonne help you get LD’s.

Yes, that is why it is important to develop a habit of critically questioning your reality while awake. I know it seams like a silly exercise to do but, it works. Soon you will find that you question your reality while sleeping and realize you are dreaming.

Yes, that is why it is important to develop a habit of critically questioning your reality while awake. I know it seams like a silly exercise to do but, it works. Soon you will find that you question your reality while sleeping and realize you are dreaming.

Yes, a break might be a good idea. Frustration is a huge barrier to success with lucid dreaming.

Perhaps a change in technique or a refinement of the technique you are currently using might help. Forgive my poor memory if you already said so, but what technique do you use to lucid dream?

I was trying WILD in the beginning. Then I tried MILD, and now I’m not trying anything as I’m taking a break from LD’s…

A break might be helpful to you right now. If you do not mind a suggestion, keep up with your dream journal even during the break. I believe it will be a benefit to you when you start to practice induction techniques again.

Good luck. :smile:

Hmmm, I’m gonna try and WILD again.

Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes to go from being awake to entering a dream when doing WILD?

It depends on a lot of different factors.

Depending on when you do WILD and how skilled you are with the technique, it can take anywhere from seconds to hours.