Rapping - in odd time signatures.

I really want to try this out, but I have two problems:

1. I can’t find a rapper that knows what a time signature is.

2. I’m quite adequately musically trained, but I cannot rap to save my life.

Anybody here want to try and rap in 7/4? :razz:

I can’t rap myself, but I’d love to see someone try!

If you find someone let me know; I’d want to hear what it sounds like. Although I’m not a fan of rap myself, I’d find it interesting.

Just curious, but why 7/4? :tongue: If I was choosing an odd time signature I’d go with 13/6 or something like that.

I’m a drummer, and I love experimenting with really weird time signatures (one of my personal favorites is 7/8 ).
Aaaand occasionally I write raps for the hell of it. I’m no expert but I have the rhythm and writing skills necessary.
I think rapping in weird signatures is a sweet idea, but it would be pretty difficult. Maybe I’ll try it some time!

Also, is 13/6 even possible? :eh:

Why not try it in an LD? It won’t give you lifelike results obv. 13/6… It sounds daunting no doubt. What sort of note would the 6 indicate? Any examples? Do you listen to any type of progressive music? Am I asking too many questions? I love dabbling in 7/4, I find it cool how it changes the mood if you count it in different ways, for example, very lively and vigorous if counted as [one two three four ONE two three], and kind of reposed when counted [one two three four five ONE two]. I can only comprehend time siggies that end in 4, 8, 16 etc.

I’m doing a peice in 12/6 now. Its ridiculous! The six is a dotted whole note, if I remember correctly. It feels like 3/4(ONE two three ONE two three), but its more like ONE two three four FIVE six seven eight NINE ten eleven twelve. I would imagine 13/6 would be insanely hard. But I kinda wanna try it xD

Ah, so you’d just be adding a dotted whole note. Wouldn’t it be possible to alter the tempo and turn the dotted semibreve to a quaver or something, making it 13/8 and hence FAR less confusing? :razz: I just finished tapping some ‘13/6’, it’s not that hard :razz:

But yeah, rapping a whole other beast.

I would love to try but I need to hear an instrumental in 7/4 time as I am not familiar with it. I consider myself an “okay” rapper…

it’s 8:55 and I’m gettin really tired
and i need to get some sleep but imma beast on this beat
yu know i’m bangin in the east, imma creep in the west
gettin money, never less, i confess, i mite just be the best
take my life, petty theft, rusty knife in my neck
yu deposit, i collect, in yur closet, scared to death…etc.

P.S. Let me know what you think. here is the link for the instrumental to follow along with. :razz: youtube.com/watch?v=6bpJZwCnJVU

Here are some examples below. Are you familliar with some odd siggies? I’ll link you to something in 7/4, will you record/shoot some rap in the siggie?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd72ZRyxY2A <-- In this instrumental there is a shuffly version of 7/4.

youtube.com/watch?v=PDwfuPqEdVo <-- Drum lesson for 7/4. You get to hear the raw signature, with increasing degrees of complexity.

well i’m about to have to get offline but I have posted some lyrics that i quickly threw together to go with a supposed 7/4 rap instrumental on youtube…